Unconstituted Hgh

Is it true that unconstituted hgh can be stored at room temperature inndefinitely? Or should it be refrigerated just like reconstituted hgh?

It should be OK at room temp, but why risk the precious?

BBB

it degrades at room temp a little faster than it does if refridgerated…the higher the temp the faster it degrades…not such a big deal if you are in a cool climate and room temp is 15-20 degrees C but if you are somewhere warmer where room temp is 25-30 degrees C it degrades pretty fast…optimal storage is 2-8 degrees C and you are best to keep it out of the light.

[quote]bushidobadboy2 wrote:

BBB[/quote]

Just because I have a decent amount of powder. So, you would recommend putting it all in the fridge anyway. I’ll probably only reconstitute one vial at a time. By the way, did you get my pm?

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
it degrades at room temp a little faster than it does if refridgerated…the higher the temp the faster it degrades…not such a big deal if you are in a cool climate and room temp is 15-20 degrees C but if you are somewhere warmer where room temp is 25-30 degrees C it degrades pretty fast…optimal storage is 2-8 degrees C and you are best to keep it out of the light.[/quote]

Hmm…I knew that optimal temp for reconstituted is 2-8 C, but I guess I was under the misimpression that unconstituted should not be kept cold.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

BBB[/quote]

Just because I have a decent amount of powder. So, you would recommend putting it all in the fridge anyway. I’ll probably only reconstitute one vial at a time. By the way, did you get my pm?[/quote]

Whoops, I sent it to the original. I’ll resend.

BBB[/quote]

I laughed out loud.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

it degrades at room temp a little faster than it does if refridgerated…the higher the temp the faster it degrades…not such a big deal if you are in a cool climate and room temp is 15-20 degrees C but if you are somewhere warmer where room temp is 25-30 degrees C it degrades pretty fast…optimal storage is 2-8 degrees C and you are best to keep it out of the light.[/quote]

Hmm…I knew that optimal temp for reconstituted is 2-8 C, but I guess I was under the misimpression that unconstituted should not be kept cold. [/quote]

Peptides in dry form are in general more susceptible to light and moisture than temperature in terms of degradation. In general peptides I’ve synthesized or manipulated at the lab are pretty resilient if dried/powder. I personally would not worry about it (although I’ve never used it), but you can put it in the fridge if you’re concerned. Costs nothing.

Honestly though, as long as light and moisture (the two biggest threats) are controlled temperature is not really usually an issue with peptides in general. Hydrolysis of peptide bonds in absence of UV radiation or chemical catalysis (H20 driven hydrolysis, etc) is pretty damned hard, and denaturation requires elevated temperatures to bring about loss of function.

The peptide bond itself is largely unreactive in absence of moisture/chemical/light catalysis. In fact, the actual act of freeze-drying/lyophilizing (putting a peptide into powder form like your hGH), seriously alters the protein or peptide structure into something “unnatural” from its functional form. However, this alteration is reversible back to native functional form.

In general I would say the worst thing to expose a powderized peptide to would be moisture, as this could lead to aggregation, or hydrolysis of bonds over time. This is mostly the reason proteins are lyophilized in the first place. Light in general has a more minute effect on lyophilized proteins during storage in my experience. However, it is usually more important to control than temperature (if temperature is kept to room temp).

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

Hmm…I knew that optimal temp for reconstituted is 2-8 C, but I guess I was under the misimpression that unconstituted should not be kept cold. [/quote]

Peptides in dry form are in general more susceptible to light and moisture than temperature in terms of degradation. In general peptides I’ve synthesized or manipulated at the lab are pretty resilient if dried/powder. I personally would not worry about it (although I’ve never used it), but you can put it in the fridge if you’re concerned. Costs nothing.

Honestly though, as long as light and moisture (the two biggest threats) are controlled temperature is not really usually an issue with peptides in general. Hydrolysis of peptide bonds in absence of UV radiation or chemical catalysis (H20 driven hydrolysis, etc) is pretty damned hard, and denaturation requires elevated temperatures to bring about loss of function.

The peptide bond itself is largely unreactive in absence of moisture/chemical/light catalysis. In fact, the actual act of freeze-drying/lyophilizing (putting a peptide into powder form like your hGH), seriously alters the protein or peptide structure into something “unnatural” from its functional form. However, this alteration is reversible back to native functional form.

In general I would say the worst thing to expose a powderized peptide to would be moisture, as this could lead to aggregation, or hydrolysis of bonds over time. This is mostly the reason proteins are lyophilized in the first place. Light in general has a more minute effect on lyophilized proteins during storage in my experience. However, it is usually more important to control than temperature (if temperature is kept to room temp).
[/quote]

Thanks very much. This is my first run. My only experience with peptides to date is melanotan. A very hardy peptide. You can shake it up down and sideways, and it’d be none the worse for the wear.

No problem. Just to let you know mate, a human being cannot physically shake a container of peptide–any peptide–enough to split it up or otherwise hydrolyze the peptide bonds. Or, for that matter, denature the protein into nonfunctionality. This is true for all of the thousands of peptide and protein products in existence in biochemistry and pharmaceuticals.

Protein products are routinely centrifuged at terrifically fast speeds–like 100,000x gravity’s force–for hours on end. This still does not succeed in breaking the peptide bonds. There is no physical way you can do such a thing with your bare hands :wink: … unless you’re God.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
No problem. Just to let you know mate, a human being cannot physically shake a container of peptide–any peptide–enough to split it up or otherwise hydrolyze the peptide bonds. Or, for that matter, denature the protein into nonfunctionality. This is true for all of the thousands of peptide and protein products in existence in biochemistry and pharmaceuticals.

Protein products are routinely centrifuged at terrifically fast speeds–like 100,000x gravity’s force–for hours on end. This still does not succeed in breaking the peptide bonds. There is no physical way you can do such a thing with your bare hands :wink: … unless you’re God. [/quote]

Haha. I know. I just meant melanotan is a hardy peptide and can take a lot of abuse without degradation.