Unbelievable Police Brutality

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Guy deserved worse than that. [/quote]

+1 but they should have waited until he woke up

If he didnt crash and get knocked unconscious then i would of said big deal but… since hes out cold already leave the guy alone until he wakes up then knock him out again.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Guy deserved worse than that.

+1 but they should have waited until he woke up[/quote]

thing is, maybe the guy deserved it.
but being sworn in to protect the law and the public a police officer is supposed to handle themselves with more dignity and more professionalism than a citizen
now whats the difference now days between a police officer and a vigilante

I personally see no difference besides a cop can lie and say anything and everyone will believe them because they are gods amongst men.

but how much more of this do we have to put up with before people will wake up and stop putting up with this.
I mean after all it is the people that employ officers to do this.
its happening way too often its happened so often that the news stopped reporting on it around here.its gotten boring and that is really sad

and to be a little more clear.
it is not a police officers job to judge and to say who is guilty or not.
it is the officers job to diffuse the situation and refer them to the courts and it is a judges job to find out guilt or not based on the reports made by the officers.
officers now like to play judge and jury they like to hand out punishment in the field.
its only getting worse.
we are becoming a police state where citizens have less rights. but its for our own good.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
IMO they could have killed him and it would have been justified. Fuck that guy.[/quote]

How would it be justified for killing an unconscious guy? That’s one great step above the the brutality, murder, they will get more than just being fired (just like the BART shooting).

I don’t feel bad for criminals…that guy put at risk lots of lives…by driving at that speed…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Two of my best friends are officers in Philadelphia (where 5 officers have been killed in the line of duty over the past 3 years or so) …

Yeah Lanky, everytime I turned on the TV recently, it seems another cop was killed ITLOD. I live 20 minutes from Philly, so it’s big news here. Didn’t they just name a street after a fallen officer?

Anyway, my agent was a photojournalist back in the seventies, but she quit the day she witnessed a cop being killed in a shootout.

[/quote]

Everytime I go to town or call folks it seems like another dude got killed by a cop on duty. Fuck the police.

This situation is to much but for the most part I dont give a fuck.

I dont break the law (aside from a little gear here and there) so I dont care if cops kick the shit out of scum bag criminals.

[quote]conorh wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
I like police brutality and have no problem with it.Police deal with the scum of our society everyday and even they get mad.

Sometimes poeple needs there asses kicked,its not like our judicial system is gonna do anything that is so bad our criminal will stop breaking the law.

We’re only free from tyranny if all of us are free from tyranny.[/quote]

What the fuck does that mean, “We’re only free from tyranny if all of us are free from tyranny”
If shitbags would just not fuck around cops wouldnt need to fuck them up.

Think about this.In other countries if you steal you get your hands cut off, I support that unless it is a child trying to provide for there family.Other wise make a point.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
IMO they could have killed him and it would have been justified. Fuck that guy.

How would it be justified for killing an unconscious guy? That’s one great step above the the brutality, murder, they will get more than just being fired (just like the BART shooting). [/quote]

dude they’re not going to sit there and determine if the fucker is unconcious or not. if that guy so much as flinched the wrong way towards them, they should of blasted him.

if you decide to instigate a highspeed chase through a city, and then run over a police officer with you car, you deserve to have your shit kicked in. concious or not

If police cannot uphold the law and set an example, what separates them from the criminals?

Absolutely nothing.

Funny how many people here claim that he “deserves” the beating. Are any of you guys judges or juries? I highly doubt anyone here is a judge and surely the cops are not. They don’t have the right to determine what anyone deserves. That’s not their function in society.

You guys sound like you want to move to some ass-backwards country where vigilante law is supreme. Be my guest.

That was ridiculous. I hope their feeling like king shits of the world is satisfying enough now that they’ve rightfully been fired.

Maybe the guy did deserve a beating. I don’t know. It’s not my or the officers’ call to make. As easy as it is for some you to applaud the officers or wave it off as being an emotional response, it’s just as easy for me to say that everything after the initial contact(with a baton no less) was absolutely unnecessary and displayed some atrocious judgment.

Oh well, I’m sure they’ll make fantastic border guards.

“thankfully, nobody was hurt” haha.

So, I’m supposed to feel sorry for this guy now? He didn’t seem too sorry when he delibrately swung the van to hit the cop. In the end, I would rather have the cops behave like that then to show him respect - because I’d rather have an angry cop protecting me then a pussy.

yea it looks like shit… IN HINDSIGHT. but you can’t judge them over how things look in hindsight, but how it appeared to them at the time.

Should’ve worn a seatbelt. Hopefully he gets ticketed for that too.

dude really? some of these responses totally baffle me.

yes some of the officers displayed poor judgement. but they acted on a doushebag that was speeding all over the city, and then attempted to KILL a police officer.

what would you of rather them done? give him an icepack? fucking pat him on the head and ask if he was ok?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
aznt0rk wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

How would it be justified for killing an unconscious guy? That’s one great step above the the brutality, murder, they will get more than just being fired (just like the BART shooting).

dude they’re not going to sit there and determine if the fucker is unconcious or not. if that guy so much as flinched the wrong way towards them, they should of blasted him.

if you decide to instigate a highspeed chase through a city, and then run over a police officer with you car, you deserve to have your shit kicked in. concious or not[/quote]

agreed on all counts.

Would some of the people saying otherwise change their tune if they saw their mother or father run over by the guy?

yes some of the officers displayed poor judgement. but they acted on a doushebag that was speeding all over the city, and then attempted to KILL a police officer.

what would you of rather them done? give him an icepack? fucking pat him on the head and ask if he was ok?
[/quote]

Sadly this is America.

again, I wonder if these naysayers would change their mind if the cop that was near run over was their dad

[/quote]

Not beat him to start with, there is a difference between beating the guy and not doing anything to harm the guy.

They could vary well pulled out their weapons and warned him to put his hands up above his head. Instead they decided to beat an unconscious man.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
aznt0rk wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

if you decide to instigate a highspeed chase through a city, and then run over a police officer with you car, you deserve to have your shit kicked in. concious or not

agreed on all counts.

Would some of the people saying otherwise change their tune if they saw their mother or father run over by the guy?
[/quote]

No, if I was being objective it would not change. Now, if I drove after him and he flipped out of the vehicle I would have no problem putting a bullet in the back of his head. But, it’s not the cops job to decide that.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:Would some of the people saying otherwise change their tune if they saw their mother or father run over by the guy?
[/quote]

No, I wouldn’t.

The guy was fucking lights out. Outnumbering him and beating him while he’s laying unconscious in a ditch post-MVC doesn’t teach the guy any fucking lesson. It’s just childish.

That said, had he gotten up and made a run for it, I’d be all for a beat down.