T Nation

Unbelievable, No Grunting?

I really hope this doesn’t catch on elsewhere…

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=8eb2181a-ab14-461a-992a-2b0f73b675d1&f=06/64&fg=email

Some grunting is realy annoying…

Yeah, it’s been discussed already and this video has already been posted before. I think they should make that lunk siren into an alarm clock.

jet

Excessive grunting can be slightly annoying, but I think that air raid siren would be much much worse. Did anyone else notice that douchebag wearing the ARMY T-Shirt saying that grunting is too manly and macho? Pathetic.

Grunting during lifting is OK. If you start doing it between sets, it just gets annoying. There was a guy at my old gym who used to make a high pitched “ahhh” grunt before every set. That got old fast!

“Do NOT approach the grunter, you never know who you may be dealing with.”

LOL, she says that like you should be afraid of roid rage or something.

I have sound proof type headphones, but before the only annoying noise I had to deal with was a guy who sounded like a turbo dump valve, “PSSSSHH!”.

I love how most of the people complaining were fat, old, women, or just plain out of shape.

[quote]dberg8907 wrote:
I love how most of the people complaining were fat, old, women, or just plain out of shape.[/quote]

Because when you grunt you draw attention to your self and when your with your girlfriend and your out of shape and weak and you guys see a big guy lifting big weights it makes them jelous and angry.

Experts say ?Not to approach the grunter, you don?t know who you?re dealing with.? Who are these experts?

[quote]n3wb wrote:
dberg8907 wrote:
I love how most of the people complaining were fat, old, women, or just plain out of shape.

Because when you grunt you draw attention to your self and when your with your girlfriend and your out of shape and weak and you guys see a big guy lifting big weights it makes them jelous and angry.[/quote]

EXACLY!!!

BTW… did you guys see that “Gym Expert” talking about how to lift weights?

I tend to find that it’s the wannabe’s that grunt which immediately makes it completely ridiculous…watching them squat 225 or bench 225 like it’s heavy.

[quote]rsg wrote:
“Do NOT approach the grunter, you never know who you may be dealing with.”
[/quote]

LOL is right. I was laughing my ass off at this one.

I personally think grunting is annoying as a set of sweaty balls on a hot humid day. I think the last time I even made a sound when I was lifting was the last two workouts of my 20 rep squats programs, and even then it wasnt as loud as half the shit I hear at my pussified gym.

This, though, has just gone too far. A lunk alarm? What the hell is a lunk anyway?

If you gotta scream to get that weight up, so be it. I almost vomited when I watched this video. If you’re pushing yourself during every workout, your going to have times where you need to get that adrenaline pumping in the middle of your last rep, and a good yell is great way to do that.

I had to watch one part a few times…I could not stop laughing; about 3/4 through at the 2:43 mark there is a fat guy curling that is so weak (yet young enough it’s rather pathetic) he is literally swinging 15lb dumbells. If I were exaggerating on this I’d be an admitted dick but it is hilarious; check it out…It’s like what’s the point.

“… one who grunts, drops weights, or judges”

What does “or judges” mean?

[quote]YourXLNS wrote:
“… one who grunts, drops weights, or judges”

What does “or judges” mean?[/quote]

“Hey fat bitch, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in a Macdonalds or KFC stuffing your face!? Put down those 2lb pink dumbells and fuck off!”

I think that could qualify.

Lisa Daniels needs to get pumped a few times, and get the feeling of coming.

I will never walk into a comercial gym again!!!

This ia a true sign of the apocolypse!

[quote]NeoSpartan wrote:
n3wb wrote:
dberg8907 wrote:

Because when you grunt you draw attention to your self and when your with your girlfriend and your out of shape and weak and you guys see a big guy lifting big weights it makes them jelous and angry.

EXACLY!!!

BTW… did you guys see that “Gym Expert” talking about how to lift weights?[/quote]

He said something about doing the same motion with lighter weights. What a joke.

[quote]jsal33 wrote:
I will never walk into a comercial gym again!!!

This ia a true sign of the apocolypse![/quote]

No, that would be the scene at my local Gold’s Gym last Saturday. Several older people walked inside dressed like it was time for a good powerwalk yet decided to stand around and talk for 30min as the counter girl brought out coffee and cookies.

This scene progressed until they were sitting on equipment like lounge chairs to continue talking while looking at the two of us who were on treadmills like we were taking up space.

One nice gentlemen decided to grab a good magazine to read as he finished his entire cup of free coffee while he tried out how his ass would feel on the rowing cardio machine.

All that place needs is a couple of tables with umbrellas and a book store. The weights and cardio machines are clearly just in the way.