T Nation

Unbalanced - Longing for Symmetry

I do Karate since I’m a little Kid and from thousands of reversepunches and Jabs my right Lat is stronger and more massiv than the left and my right trapezius is bigger than the other one. ( I’m right handed)

Will doing chin-ups improve my symmetry or make the diffenece even worse. Alternatives? Should i generally avoid barbells unitl i’m symetric?

My back training generally consists out of deadlifts, chinups, and bentover front rowing with a barbell. I thought about finishing the workout with dumbell rowing left side only. Good idea? What do you suggest to get symmettric.

“I recommend you stop being such a faggot. You’re in the back seat”

C-
(BTW that’s not a passing grade anymore)

Start doing reverse punches and jabs with your left hand.

I always do twice as much punches on my weaker side, but as a fighter you always got a dominant side which is stronger and you naturally prefer it during sparring.

Also i don’t think doing punches in the air /Pads/ Makiwara will get me too much mass.

ok ok, i’m goin to actually answer your question. just do unilateral movements. eventually that’s make things all better

[quote]The_Danimal wrote:
I always do twice as much punches on my weaker side, but as a fighter you always got a dominant side which is stronger and you naturally prefer it during sparring.

Also i don’t think doing punches in the air /Pads/ Makiwara will get me too much mass.

[/quote]

I don’t think punches on anything will get you any more mass than an enlarged ego.

Start bodybuilding.

Hey, its the bodybuilding forum…

Is ‘disbalanced’ a word?

[quote]SSC wrote:
Is ‘disbalanced’ a word?[/quote]

Disbalanced not a word? Unpossible!

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
ok ok, i’m goin to actually answer your question. just do unilateral movements. eventually that’s make things all better
[/quote]

Ok, so do bilateral movements like e. chinups make things worse even if i do them cleanly?

As some of you already guessed and pointed out, I’m a beginner and i try to stick with basic compound exercises to gain mass.

Benchpress, Weighted Dips, Chin Ups with Extra Weight, Deadlifts, Military Presses, Bent Over Front Rowing, Full Squats etc

Most of them are bilateral movements. My question are: Should i generally replace the barbells with dumbells?

Which uniliteral movements besides rowig with a dumbell are there to hit the lat?

thanks

That One Guy wrote:

Ok, so do bilateral movements like e. chinups make things worse even if i do them cleanly?

As some of you already guessed and pointed out, I’m a beginner and i try to stick with basic compound exercises to gain mass.

Benchpress, Weighted Dips, Chin Ups with Extra Weight, Deadlifts, Military Presses, Bent Over Front Rowing, Full Squats etc

Most of them are bilateral movements. My question are: Should i generally replace the barbells with dumbells?

Which uniliteral movements besides rowig with a dumbell are there to hit the lat?

thanks[/quote]

If you are beginner then just get bigger and you probably wont have this problem.

Give lat pulldowns in a cable station a try they work pretty well because you’re using an even amount of weight of both sides of your body.

Since your dominant on your right sight from a shitload more work due to karate doing unilateral stuff is a good option but do you want to be powerful for karate or look good without a top on.

Unilateral movements will help the latter but some sport specific moves like loaded reverse punches with a band or a pin loaded machine would help with the specific movement for karate.

my right Lat is stronger and more massiv than the left
[/quote]

You got “massiv” lats from punching alone?

Do elaborate.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
The_Danimal wrote:
my right Lat is stronger and more massiv than the left

You got “massiv” lats from punching alone?

Do elaborate.

[/quote]

lol, troll anyone?