Unapologetic Muscle Building Elitists?

Is it just me, or is this a bunch of snobby attitude? I mean I know this is Testosterone, Muscle With Attitude, MWA fo life, yo, but does anyone else notice that more and more people are segregating themselves into an imaginary group of intelligent, elitist lifters?

Observe the simple loading of a barbell. Some dumbass will always chime in and point out that you’re supposed to put the numbered side of the plate facing in. I’m sorry to burst your bubble, pal, but this makes no difference at all. And what if both sides of the plate are numbered? What then, is there a rule that only elite lifters know? Is there a special lifting manual that I didn’t read? A secret handshake?

People get so wrapped up in this intelligent and relentless pursuit of muscle, they start thinking they are some kind of tough shit.

No curling in the squat rack. That’s a big one. “Oh no, I saw this 130 lb wigger in a wifebeater curling in the squat rack today! His arms were so tiny, and his form was AWFUL. Doesn’t he know that the gym is SERIOUS BUSINESS?”

See, it’s not srs bsns for everyone. It is for me, and I don’t curl in the rack, but if I see someone doing it, I don’t get all pissy about it and it won’t ruin my day. He paid the membership just like me, and he’ll pay with his lower back for that godawful form he’s using. But he has an absolutely given right to do handstands in the rack if he wishes so. What do I do when I see that the rack is occupied by a moron? I replace the exercise.

I also hate it when someone says that so-and-so is squatting a lot of weight, but for one quarter of the range of motion. Am I the only person in the gym who minds his own business? Who gives a crap if the guy next to me is breaking parallel or not? It’s his thing, if it makes him feel big and strong, I say go for it.

So he’s grinding his knees into a pulp. What do I care? You all can be good Samaritans and try and educate the poor soul (not that he’ll listen), but I’d just like to get my squat, bench and dl done in under an hour. It doesn’t make me any better than quarter-repper over there, though. I do my thing, he does his.

Oh and that crap about someone walking nearby while you’re performing a heavy lift. I swear, most people act like a slight breeze will knock them over while they’re getting that 400 lbs out of the hole. Newsflash: it won’t. If you’re blaming someone who dared to be in your general area while you failed your 1RM, you’re kidding yourself. A proper 1 RM requires so much focus that I, personally, don’t even notice other people during those 30 seconds. Someone would have to literally bump into me in order to ruin my lift.

People wearing perfume. Uh-oh. My uncle is from Canada and he’s telling me that perfumes, colognes and deodorants are getting banned from gyms and workplaces there. Why? People are bothered by the smell. Where I live (southern Europe), this is unheard of. People here stink or smell sweet around the clock, no questions asked.

If you told someone from around here that his/her cologne is bothering you, all you’d get would be an odd look. Stop being such nancy boys, for Christ’s sake. So it smells strong, it’s not chlorophorme.

Want more? “They don’t let me deadlift/clean and jerk/farmer walk in my gym. The place is so clean and full of non-elite lifters. It doesn’t cater to my hardcore bodybuilding needs at all! And the personal trainer there DARED to question my form. Like I could ever hurt my back pulling 500 lbs off the floor!”

This sort of attitude sucks. Reality check: it’s a private gym. That means that it’s owned by someone. Someone who paid a lot of money for the space and the equipment and the staff. That someone can play Alanis Morissette all day and furnish the gym with pink dumbbells exclusively. Your rules do not apply in a privately owned gym. If they say no deadlifting, respect their rules or find another gym that suits you.

You know who’s elite? Someone who gets paid to be strong or look a certain way. For the rest of us, this is a hobby, a lifestyle. Ronnie Coleman has every right to fuss if the dumbbells don’t go over 200 lbs in his gym. As for the rest, shut the fuck up already!

Might wanna wash the sand outta yer vag.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Might wanna wash the sand outta yer vag.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Might wanna wash the sand outta yer vag.[/quote]

dont worry Makk, hes obviously not LEET like us.

srsly dude. stfu. im > you.

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
Makavali wrote:

dont worry Makk, hes obviously not LEET like us.[/quote]

Shouldn’t that be l33t? Or is that just because I’m a geek?

[quote]John Q. Adequate wrote:
Makavali wrote:

Thanks for the tip![/quote]

Summer’s Eve is a good brand of vaginal wash for that. I recommend it.

This couldn’t have been added to the 35 other new slogan threads?

they should be switched. Beings as everyperson who posts in most threads is the next up and coming fitness guru, so it would be fitting to name their personal domain with that slogan.

I agree with quite a bit of what the OP posted.

I go to the gym, do my thing and most of the time don’t even notice anyone else except to see if there is a free bench.

I also noticed that Bauer and ProfX are doing cardio but some folks around here think if they get above a walk or get on a bike all their muscle will fall off.

I’d sooner be an elitist lifter/karate guy than just an elitist Warhammer 40,000 enthusiast. If I’m both, doesn’t that automatically make me t3eh hardcorpse?

But yeah, there’s enough people in my gym standing between me and my next set, enough that want a conversation, or want to talk shit, that it’s nice to come and read the training, advice, and random stuff of other serious lifters and martial artists.

And, I’m a bit of an ass, so it works great.

Who elected you to the Moral Police?

Get over yourself Adequate. You sound just like the people you’re complaining about.

“The pot is black,” said the kettle.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I also noticed that Bauer and ProfX are doing cardio but some folks around here think if they get above a walk or get on a bike all their muscle will fall off.

[/quote]

Nah, I don’t cardio because I hate it and walk everywhere I can anyway. About an hour of walking around with books/bag/guitar every day. I am trying to add some more HIIT or sprinting in somewhere during this next month.

OP, All Articles - T NATION

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I agree with quite a bit of what the OP posted.

[/quote]

+1

At the same time, at many points in the tirade, it DID seem like the pot was calling the kettle black (as polish rifle pointed out)

lol, who pissed in your cornflakes?

It’s just a little ironic that you made a whole thread to complain about other people who complain. Maybe you should make a paragraph for complainers complaining about complainers lol. I’m just playing =p

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Who elected you to the Moral Police?

Get over yourself Adequate. You sound just like the people you’re complaining about.

“The pot is black,” said the kettle.

[/quote]

DING DING DING

WINNER!

You forgot the flip-flop wearing pink polo collar poppers.

[quote]ItWasntMe wrote:

It’s just a little ironic that you made a whole thread to complain about other people who complain. Maybe you should make a paragraph for complainers complaining about complainers lol. [/quote]

I agree, I look forward to reading the new paragraph when its completed!

It could be as simple as this (just an example): And I hate myself for being a little whiny brat who complains about people that complain. I am no different than those that complained before I complained.

On second thought, don’t add that - your post is way too fucking long as it is.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
You forgot the flip-flop wearing pink polo collar poppers.[/quote]

Like this?

I agree, this thread is stupid. OP, you’re nothing but a high-strung dumbass.