"Unachievable" Male Body Image?

Yea the graphic indicates what I expected. If Franco Columbo carries the same weight in the scale as Arnold, then of course the results are going to skew shorter. But Arnold won what… 7 times to Columbo 1? My point was that, usually the winner is going to be more like 5’10, because those taller guys were far more successful, racked up more wins.

1 Like

I’m not even old - 32

1 Like

Wow, then I am impressed! Good taste.

Speaking of him… just wow…

1 Like

Ah… I see. Yes well put and a very valid point.

I’m open to this “criticism”. In fact this is kinda why I asked. I want to see if I what I have in my head for my end goal is something I need adjusting.

What would people say was a “hard work to achieve, but ultimately possible walking around size / shape”.
Go for 90% of men
4.5h a week of training.
18 months of hard training.
Good / excellent diet
Good / excellent training attitude.

In person view was very helpful. Helps one to realize early on to stay in school as you won’t be making a living as a bodybuilder.

1 Like

I do know that quote haha. I thought you were quoting something I said.

You may have more to brag about than you think. Those scanners will go off for penises that are outside of normal parameters (on the right end of the bell curve).

1 Like

The human body is really weird

More pressure on the taller guys (absolute vs relative percentile):

Yes, this is a PNAS paper:
https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1219361110

Now throw a bodybuilder in there on the right for a callout with the judges (no thong, no cheating). And you wonder why good fraction of women think even moderately serious bodybuilder dudes are mentally ill. Oh well, at least the young guys at the gym still talk to you and the every so often questions at the locker room sink. “Dude, how do you get like that? Are you on aminos?”

1 Like

I have a hypothesis on this one:

Much bigger and another gorilla is gonna rip it off in a fight.

1 Like

Right - my thread to a wrong turn somewhere back there.
Why are we talking about gorilla dicks? :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Warning - be sure to check units on figure above before reacting…

2 Likes

If in inches, some of those individuals would be turned down out of fear haha.

Wait until you hear about duck dicks.

1 Like

I’ll stop. Sorry.

1 Like

I will say this is another counterintuitive hypothesis that I find fascinating.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/677209

Our drop in T levels at some point could have civilized us to some degree and helped us all get bigger members since we weren’t ripping them off as much.

How’s that for a potential inverse relationship between T level and wang size. Of course I haven’t posted serum T levels for gorillas, or h. sapiens member size from 100,000 years ago.

Goes back to my bias that T levels on their own aren’t much of the story.

A few bottles of cypionate and you still have no chance one-on-one:

Ok sorry @carlbm. I’m done.

1 Like

I think they’re unachievable in the sense that-

-They know it’s a lot of smoke and mirrors- Camera angles and other visual trickery that make them look a lot bigger and leaner than they probably are.

-They believe that most people don’t have the time to do things for their physiques- whether it be eating, training, resting, w.e.

And I don’t think these physiques are achievable within 18 months for an average man. Gaining muscle takes too darned long. Most guys with great physiques that you’d see in the public have been at it for a very long time and clearly found whatever works for them. I don’t think it’s fair to use them as a reference point unless you know their training history.

And given the supposed number of gym-goers who are on “something”, I think things get very skewed.

2 Likes

Nah bruh, echidna dicks

Replicable?

1 Like