Unable to Gain Weight

This thread already is pretty much dead.

I once replied after like 20 days.
I know I could gain 20lbs, but that would be 20 lbs of fat, and then you’d see me making a thread “How to lose fat?”

Nobody replies for 3 days and you get triggered… don’t read if it bothers you. Click something to unfollow and go out in peace…

It wouldn’t be 20 lbs of fat. To gain 100% fat with no muscle would be pretty remarkable.

The thread was dead until you replied 16 days later. It also should have gone like this:

Those are your first and second posts on this topic.

1 Like

Dude you replied on 3 days old thread with intention to agrue someone…

As I told you, if this bothers you, you don’t have to read. I’m not posting here daily anyways, and I don’t want to bother with someone who maybe just has bad day. I’m not hating on you but I can’t see why the hell this thread bothers you suddenly…

And I’ll repeat that I really have no further intentions arguing you, and I’m lazy to reply to you further, and I don’t want you to get offended if I just ignore you, which I also have right to do since you straight out try to tell me what to do.

Honestly, I feel you are not in the right place. I don’t want to offend, but you seem obsessed with the scale. Scales are for fish. It is possible to eat above what”you” feel comfortable with…but if you want to gain muscle, you have to eat outside your comfort zone. I’m perceiving…could be wrong…but you are torn between gaining vs losing/maintaining…if you want to grow, you must have fuel. Bottom line. I really wish you the best of luck. I’ve gone from 83 to now 125. I know it’s hard if your scared of fat. But chillax and eat to grow. You’re stressed out cortisol levels are probably keeping you from goals, too. Be patient :hugs:

1 Like

I’m actually pretty chilled. So chilled that I don’t even train too seriously, not to lie to you.

I just want to look how I currently look, but be a bit bigger.
As much as the scale is, I’m not even stepping on it that often.
I’m gaining slow, but I like this pace because I’m still as lean as I was before.

But statements like “gaining 20lbs of muscle in 6 weeks” are just pure form of stupidity. I mean, unless I get juiced… so I won’t even comment that statement further. For natural man it’s possible to gain about 0.5 pounds of muscle a week… so 6 weeks total would be like what? - 3lbs…
And if you gained 20lbs like before mentioned - well congrats, it wouldn’t be 100% fat gain, but you would gain at least 10lbs of fat.

Anyways I hope that you get what I mean, I have the time to do this right, and by going fast I can only fuck something up.

It’s rather easy to give advice to someone else, but when it comes to you and your body, you’ll often think twice before doing something. I hope that now you see what I mean to say.

The quote was right there, no reason to add something unrealistic and ridiculous to prove your point.

Also no point in you restarting this thread at a first place looking for an argument.

To add, yes I could gain 20 pounds as you stated, but most of it would be fat, on which you will also most likley agree.

So, I add 20 pounds and at best - only 10 pounds of it is fat.
And then I look like shit.
Then I take 8+ weeks to cut that fat, and also lose some muscle since you can’t cut without losing some muscle.
And where am I then?
Then I’m at around 7 pounds (at best) of lean gains and I spent around 14-15 weeks total to do so, and looked like shit for at least 2 months while I was at it.
And if I do it the way I’m currently doing it, I can accomplish pretty much same thing in that same ammount of time, without ever getting fat.

That’s the point of this thread, and that’s why I’m not making huge weight gain.
I asked people here for advice, and I’m grateful to them for advices they gave me.

And why am I updating sometimes?

• Because I got the answer and found a method how to reach my goal on the way how I want to reach it so there’s no more point in discussing how to do it
  • Because someone might want to know how is it progressing or is it progressing at all, and some day someone with same goal might join here, so that way they can know what to expect

I hope you get it now… and sorry for long post.

Mass moves mass. At your level and stage, you’d benefit from non-lean mass.

If a few extra lbs helps you lift heavier weight, don’t you think that’s going to help you build more muscle too?

All these updates on minor weight gains are pretty lame to be honest, and as bad as that kid posting 1-2 week updates where he looks the same.

When I started my bulk, I was gaining 2lbs a week. Yeah, I went a little overboard but that’s why I spent time recomping (and continue to do so) once I hit my goal weight.

wow… this thread is still going?

1 Like