Unable to Gain Weight

Dinner is smaller so I fall asleep faster :slight_smile:

I won’t joke around with my sleep. I even sacrificed my social life for it so I’ll make it count xD

High carbs will help increase serotonin to help you fall asleep faster. I personally have a big plate of rice and curry before bed, and some eggs and avocado if I haven’t hit macros for protein yet.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that. I will definitley try this out today!

Thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, after beginning increase of energy, I’m getting back to my old tired self.

I’m just feeling sleepy trough day, and I’m again sometimes dizzy, and lack concentration - even though I’m less physically active than before since I’m not working these days. Plus I’m getting urges to go to sleep even earlier than usual (21:00).

• My water intake is OK, and I’m eating much more than what I ate before, so I can’t figure out the problem.

If anyone has idea how to fix this, I would appreciate it.

Have you tried going to sleep at that time?

2 Likes

If you’re training hard, you probably need to go to bed early to rest up. I personally wake up later haha.

Maybe you also need big carbs in the AM.

Yeah. Like 20mins before 20:00 was when I went to sleep. And I fell asleep right away LOL. And I just woke up few minutes ago, exactly at 06:03 :joy:

That is over 9 hours of sleep. And I need to break the habit of going online before breakfast :sweat_smile:

Well, I’m sure as hell gonna carb up right now with ton of cereals besides eggs and bacon.

To give it a kickstart xD

Sounds like you just need to sleep when you feel sleepy.

I’m doing that already hahaha.

And yeah, my family has started making comments how I sleep too much latley.

And I still don’t get it how am I sleeping even during the day…

If your goal is to not have your family comment about how much you sleep, you should sleep less. If your goal is to gain weight, I would try sleeping more. Sleep is very anabolic.

2 Likes

True, possible reason of my sleepiness is that my body maybe wants to regenerate. So I keep getting in bed earlier every night and further increase how long I sleep.

Anyways in few days I’ll step on the scale for “3 weeks update” to see if I gained anything in this 3 weeks.

As a hard gainer myself, I will give the advice that worked for me.
Gaining is more about nutrition than it is training. You can gain weight with or without training, but you cannot without nutrition. Now, continue to workout please. You probably dont want to end up a fat slob, but nutrition is key.
Count your calories. Weigh yourself on the same scale at the same time everyday under the same conditions (eg naked, after using the toilet, before you eat/drink anything, and at the same time). Weight will fluctuate, so take the average weight from the week. Do that while eatting a constant amount of calories. Do it for another week. If you did not gain weight, add more calories. If you gained weight, but not enough, add less calories. If you lost weight, add even more calories.
Focus more on calories until you find out how many you need. At that point focus a bit more on macros with your calories. At that point, toy with your macros to see what you like and what is easiest.

1 Like

Thanks for advice. I will try to count calories, even tho it might be difficult.

I’m always stepping on scale in the morning when I wake up - after going to toilet. Anyways I’ll see my 3 weeks result, then wait another 3 weeks and see further if I like the progress or not. Or has there been any progress?

I would do the first cycle for 2 weeks. Every ither would be just 1 week.
And trust me. Counting calories is easy. Start tomorrow. Eat like normal, and write what the calories are that you consuned total. The next 6 days, that will be your limit. Hit that as close as possible.

1 Like

I will definitley count my calories tommorrow then.

I will also need to take out my cooking scale xD

1 Like

So I did count my calorie intake yesterday.

It comes in 3700-3800 range. But I’ll assume it’s 3700.

If you want I can find my paper and tell you how I hit 3700. I mean with what type of foods. I put everything I ate on scale and wrote it down. Except packaged foods that already had calorie content written.

You may as well assume its 4500. Just eat more than what you eat now until weight comes on.

Well in few days I’ll step on scale to see if there’s any result.

That will be “3 weeks update” xD

If I didn’t gain anything I’ll be seriously disappointed since I do eat more than before.

Ok everybody’s body is different. Metabolism, bone density, types of muscle fibers. If you really want to gain, you have to eat every 2-3 hours and very nutrient dense stuff. If the scale isn’t budging eat more. Homemade smoothies full fat of course especially before bed make it easier. I could write volumes on this. Do not eat until you get sick. It will make you hate food. Instead, if you haven’t eaten enough, punish yourself and don’t workout. If you don’t discipline yourself, you won’t adapt.

To gain you absolutely must eat more! You have to take over the “controls” try different things for a few weeks, doesn’t work, try something else. Point is if you want to gain you will gain. It’s in your mind. Last week I got on the scale for dr and had lost two lbs so, I’m drinking 1k an hour before bed. We all have our issues with weight. Us hard gainers must fight to eat that extra calorie, but it’s mind over matter. Never getin a comfort zone, you are at war with your mind and body.

No two of us are alike but figure out “what you are” “what works for you” and change. I am no longer giving bitchy lessons but genuinely care for people. You absolutely need to be honest with yourself because the scale is going to show what YOU and only YOU have been eating, sleeping and lifting. Take care and accept and make changes or will be forever frustrated :hugs:

1 Like