UN Wants to Remove

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=45762&Cr=united+states&Cr1=#.Uidg7D_9WTs

3 September 2013 â?? A group of United Nations independent experts today called on the Government of the United States to finalize the ongoing review of the case involving the death of teenager Trayvon Martin, an African â??American teenager who was shot in 2012 by a neighbourhood watchman in the state of Florida.

â??We call upon the US Government to examine its laws that could have discriminatory impact on African Americans, and to ensure that such laws are in full compliance with the countryâ??s international legal obligations and relevant standards,â?? said human rights expert Verene Shepherd, who currently heads the UN Working Group of Experts of People of African Descent.

The death of Trayvon Martin sparked a new debate about racial profiling in the United States after the unarmed black 17-year-old was shot and killed in Florida by George Zimmerman, a neighbourhood watchman. Mr. Zimmerman, who argued that he acted in self-defence and with justifiable use of deadly force, was found not guilty of all charges against him.

The US Department of Justice, the US Attorneyâ??s Office for the Middle District of Florida and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are currently evaluating the evidence generated during the federal investigation, as well as the evidence and testimony from the state trial, trying to establish potential civil rights charges linked to the case.

â??The Trayvon Martin case has highlighted the importance of the need to review those existing laws and policies that can have a discriminatory effect on the basis of race, as African Americans become more vulnerable to such discrimination,â?? Ms. Shepherd said, recalling that the US has been party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights since 1992, the International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination since 1994, and many other international human rights law treaties.

â??States are required to take effective measures to review governmental, national and local policies, and to amend, rescind or nullify any laws and regulations which have the effect of creating or perpetuating racial discrimination wherever it exists,â?? said the Special Rapporteur on racism, Mutuma Ruteere.

According to the 2011 US Department of Justice Hate Crime Statistics, 71.9 per cent of the total number of victims of hate crimes reported to the nationâ??s law enforcement agencies were victims of an offenderâ??s anti-black bias. In a 2012 survey, the local non-governmental organization Malcolm X Grassroots Movement found that at least 136 unarmed African Americans were killed by police, security guards and self-appointed vigilantes over the course of a single year.

Is it possible that some people just need to mind their own damned business? How that case made worldwide news… I will never know.

“professional agitators”

Good thing the United Nations has no influence on US law…yet.

And lol at “the United States needs to examine its laws” as if the Trayvon Martin case had anything to do with federal law.

Knowing that this situation made world-wide news - or at least grabbed someone’s attention at the UN, makes me wonder what other stupid US crap makes it beyond our borders for the rest of the world to gawk at.

For fuck’s sake. He was a degenerate and the world is better off with him in the ground. Let it go.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

And lol at “the United States needs to examine its laws” as if the Trayvon Martin case had anything to do with federal law. [/quote]

I think what they are indirectly referencing is our laws regarding right to bear arms. The UN hates that we are allowed this right.

The U.N. looks BEYOND foolish and hypocritical on this one…as it turns a blind eye to a World where a vast majority of countries have Human Rights records that make the Trayvon Martin “case” look like kids play.

Just take the plight of women. In many of the countries of the World, a woman is not even a second-class citizen.

Please…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
The U.N. looks BEYOND foolish and hypocritical on this one…as it turns a blind eye to a World where a vast majority of countries have Human Rights records that make the Trayvon Martin “case” look like kids play.

Just take the plight of women. In many of the countries of the World, a woman is not even a second-class citizen.

Please…

Mufasa[/quote]

Excellent post.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

And lol at “the United States needs to examine its laws” as if the Trayvon Martin case had anything to do with federal law. [/quote]

I think what they are indirectly referencing is our laws regarding right to bear arms. The UN hates that we are allowed this right.[/quote]

Nope. Read the post. Nothing in there, directly or indirectly, about firearms. It talks only about racial discrimination.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Please…

Mufasa[/quote]

You mean a committee consisting of North Korea, Zimbabwe (where justice is putting tires filled with diesel around white farmers necks and catching them on fire), and the like would focus on minutae in the USA? Next you’ll tell me they will say Israel’s supplying of free electricity to arab-occupied Gaza is insufficient.

Actually the forum I pulled the article from also interpretted it to be removal of right to bear arms, or at least the “stand your ground laws” which we all know wasn’t even used in the Zimmerman/Martin trial.

I like the stand your ground law, and I like my right to bear arms (hence why I wear sleeveless t-shirts), its none of the UN’s business that we have those rights.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

I think what they are indirectly referencing is our laws regarding right to bear arms. The UN hates that we are allowed this right.[/quote]

Nope. Read the post. Nothing in there, directly or indirectly, about firearms. It talks only about racial discrimination. [/quote]

If it was in the article, it wouldn’t be indirectly now would it.

[quote]Quasi-Tech wrote:
Actually the forum I pulled the article from also interpretted it to be removal of right to bear arms, or at least the “stand your ground laws” which we all know wasn’t even used in the Zimmerman/Martin trial.

I like the stand your ground law, and I like my right to bear arms (hence why I wear sleeveless t-shirts), its none of the UN’s business that we have those rights. [/quote]

I’m working on convincing the wife to let me erect a flag pole so I can hang the stars and stripes upside down and this below it.

It will piss off enough people where I’ll feel satisfied.

[quote]Quasi-Tech wrote:
Actually the forum I pulled the article from also interpretted it to be removal of right to bear arms, or at least the “stand your ground laws” which we all know wasn’t even used in the Zimmerman/[/quote]

The forum you pulled it out of was likely survivalblog.org or the like, whose members believe that every law enacted by the UN or federal government is a veiled attempt to “take away our guuuuuuuuunzz!!!”

Now, those of you who know me know that I am a passionate supporter of the Second Amendment. But unlike the survivalblog.org members (and some on our own forum) who can look at a declaration calling for governments to look at laws which may cause and perpetuate racial discrimination and profiling and see calls for American disarmament, I don’t imagine that I see blue-helmeted or masked-and jackbooted gun-grabbers behind every blade of grass.

If the irrational fear of weapons and the people who own them is hoplophobia, then I must say that a lot of politically-minded firearms enthusiasts suffer from hoplokleptophobia, which is the irrational fear that everyone’s after their guuuuuuuunnzzz!!

I could post some really fun articles/theories, like how the DHS bought ‘x’ million rounds of ammunition, enough for 3 rounds per American civilian, etc. Its a good read, and your estimation was correct, its a survival website. Has some good information on it though.

I think the fear is in the slow process of revoking freedom. What gives their theories steam and justification is that some states are moving towards stricter gun rules, or complete removal. As loony as some of the folks might be, I respect their zeal for trying to maintain our rights - albeit the bulk of them seem to just be forum-commandos and not particularly motivated to speak out in real life.

DHS is going to need way more than three rounds for each American civilian.

Everyone knows those bastards can’t shoot for sour apples.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
then I must say that a lot of politically-minded firearms enthusiasts suffer from hoplokleptophobia, which is the irrational fear that everyone’s after their guuuuuuuunnzzz!![/quote]

I’ll err on the side of caution and firmly fit myself in this group. With very little reservation as well.

And this is mainly due to the very people that argue for gun “control”.

I think the going idea is that the DHS will just “run the show” they’ll be bringing in UN troops to do the dirty work since the American military won’t like killing their own civilians. The conspiracy is rather quite juicy and well mixed with multiple plots. They could make a great TV series or novel out of it.

Most recent was a topic regarding the US doing some sort of National TV Warning Test. They suspect its to set up for an upcoming disaster and the government is testing their system to ensure they can control what is needed. I’m merely reminded of the similar system on most Japanese phones that sends a warning when a major earthquake occurs. To me, its another step towards safety, to them, its another step towards control and loss of freedom. Who knows!?