(Un)Official 2023 T-ransformation Challenge

Alright finish pics at the end of the day here to more accurately represent the everyday
Before:

(Also, I look like I am seriously ill in the first pic)

After

Side by sides

@TrainForPain

Started in the mid 290s and now sitting right around 280 in the mornings. I know for sure I have gotten stronger. I went from barely even able to do 2 pull-ups on my Hangboard on a good day to 8. Kettlebell movements feel more explosive.

Mostly I learned that I don’t need a gym or even a ton of equipment to have a good workout. The majority of what I accomplished at home this spring was with kettlebells, bands, a Hangboard and the hydrocore bag from Onnit.

Velocity Diet worked well and I dropped 8-9 lbs over the last 3 weeks being about 80% compliant with the diet. I am sure it could have been more and I will likely be substituting some shake meals in regularly from now on as I found they kept me from snacking a lot of the time. I wholeheartedly recommend this diet to anyone who doesn’t like dieting and specifically tracking macros/calories - it’s simple and works.

Waiting on my blood work to come back to see if my labs improved from February (last check) and will update here when I can.

I didn’t quite make my goal of 270 but I am happy with where I am at.

26 Likes

Definite visible improvement here, you should be happy. Weight drop doesn’t tell the whole picture, all that new muscle is heavy. Nice job.

1 Like

Some decent improvement here for sure, and great to hear about your learning along the journey. With this much muscle and at this weight you look to be in a great place to really push things through to the end of the year and see where you end up. Well done.

Lost 10lbs and ended up with jacked quads. I am calling that a win for sure. Nice work

2 Likes

Then you did what you set out to do. Nice job mate.

1 Like

Awesome work everyone!!! Can’t wait to se more pics!!!

2 Likes

Thanks boss! TBH, this IS a competition, which means I prepped as much for the before photo as the after lol. Alls fair In love and war.

And I gotta say, some people swear deadlifts don’t build the back. I beg to disagree

2 Likes

Legs are looking fierce!

1 Like

Looking strong!

2 Likes

Keep them coming!

@cyclonengineer Fantastic work! And so awesome you got to have that Velocity Diet experience. It really is an eye opener.

@atlas13 if you’re not cheating, you’re not trying! Haha. But there’s no hiding the hard work there.

@unicornsandrainbows You definitely earned the award for guts through this process. Your log was a fantastic example of overcoming and getting to yes.

Saw this this morning

I got up to 201.2 at the end of Super Squats, which was about 12 weeks into the challenge, and then this is where it ends. Just wild.

10 Likes

I also found out (for the second time, didn’t learn the first time) my back cannot handle 2000-2500 swings per week as in the 10K challenge (looked back at my log and realized back issues happened during the first try at the challenge too).

I don’t know how you train as frequently as you do and recover. Maybe it’s the size difference as one of the driving factors.

I think I have found a sweet spot of 3 to 4 days lifting per week plus light to medium intensity cardio stuff the other days. More than that I my body does not respond as well.

1 Like

Lookin’ strong!!

Here is before and after,

Lost 2 inches around my belly and 2lbs on the scale, pretty much stayed there for 5 months.

However, strength gains were pretty great running 5:3:1

1/1/23-------> 5/26/23  1 rep maxes

Overhead Press: 125lbs--------> 155lbs
Bench Press: 185lbs------> 225lbs
Deadlift: 255lbs-----> 350lbs
V-Hammer Squat 384lbs-----> 404lbs

17 Likes

Winning!!!

2 Likes

@TrainForPain We all knew there wouldn’t be much transformation for me. But! This challenge helped get me back in the game. Thank you to everybody who encouraged me on the bad days! The challenge will continue for me.

And one just for fun!

24 Likes

Okay, here’s mine. I weighed in at 172.2 lbs today, which means I lost/gained essentially nothing. I even tried a modified Velocity Diet, and lost 1.8 lbs in 4 weeks. I’ve weighed this pretty much for 20 years now, so I guess I’m not built for these challenges.

That said, this is how I look at 50. Not bad in that regard.

25 Likes

Before / after comparison:

22 Likes

@TrainForPain

the pictures I take while taking the progress pictures are always better

Photos-Google-Photos

28 Likes

Terrific job! All that hard work paying off!

1 Like