(Un)Official 2023 T-ransformation Challenge

I’m on day 2 of my cut and I haven’t lost 10kg of fat yet.

Thinking it’s probably a sign from the above that I should switch to a bulk???

Hard life choices!

9 Likes

Your screen name messed up my folder system because my computer wants to add an extension (.gentz). Sorry, but you can’t participate (kidding).

2 Likes

Have you tried eating Cool Whip first thing in the morning?

11 Likes

does it have to be cool whip or does aldi’s budget version also work?

1 Like

I dunno, I’ll have to check.

@supercardrives Can you advise?

2 Likes

@TrainForPain

#t-ransformation2023

26 Likes

That’s 49 - who will be 50??

3 Likes

Lee Ghandi

@TrainForPain

I’m in!

The second pic I posted below is from December 31st, and I weighed 203.4lbs. If I can, I’ll take better pics before Jan 6th but worst case, the pic in the log should satisfy the requirements for the before pic (if I’m wrong let me know!)

My goal is the same as the last 6 months I’ve had the log: I am looking to lean down and lose body fat.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Awesome man! So glad to have you!

1 Like

@TrainForPain

Count me in! Looking forward to this, thanks for organizing it.

I just finished a ten-week recomp. My log is here: https://forums.t-nation.com/t/serge-storms-training-log/230885

I’m looking to take leanness to the next level and also just to keep molding my upper body and refining shoulders, upper back, and arms.

I’m 48 and it’s time to prove that I can still crush my best-ever condition by spring.

15 Likes

Nice! That’s 51. If I was that lean, I’d post 4 “befores” as well.

Folks - just under 40 hours left to enter. Tell your friends! Legit great time to join the forum rather than do that annual office pool everyone will bail on by February…

7 Likes

I’ve got you by a year, and also my goals are going to be more conditioning-based this year. Looking to get a sub 9 minute 1.5 miler, compete in a CrossFit Open, and compete in a XC mountain bike race before I turn 50 in six months from now.

7 Likes

I’m just going to leave this here for anyone who might need a reminder. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Love this, and it opens up the conversation regarding “declining food judo”.

It’s amazing how sensitive of a matter turning down food can become. People become downright offended if they offer you food and you say no, as though it’s a personal slight on them that you don’t want to eat their food.

I’ve taken to answering the question they ask while still doing what I want.

“Hey, would you like one of my homemade cookies?”

“I absolutely would like one! I’ll have to turn it down today, but it sounds delicious”

You give them the little dopamine response they’re seeking and the validation while still sticking with your goals.

When you say “No, I don’t want one”, you’re saying that they failed in producing a yummy product. When you reveal that you DO want one but are declining it, you are agreeing with them that it’s a yummy thing AND making a sacrifice. How noble!

13 Likes

FINALLY…this is what I needed to hear! Thank you sir! I’ll tell you why…

At nearly all of my wife’s family get togethers, there are tons of protein sources, limited vegetables, heavy carb sources and tons of desserts. Most of these people couldn’t care less about their health and most are overweight (sometimes by a lot). They claim “I’ve done the keto diet”, but then came off, and are now up 100lbs.

For example, we went for a get together on NYE at her grandparent’s house (where most are held) and the ONLY things available to eat are three different kinds of pizza, chicken wings, Totino’s pizza rolls, desserts aplenty, and cheese/cracker tray. I think I had a couple pieces of cheese and a bunch of water. Upon entering, I’m told what all the food is and then harassed about “needing to eat!”. I try and remain polite because I care about my health (I was fat in college from all the beer and late night pizza) and then have no choice but to exit the room and go watch TV somewhere else. If I turn down their grease laden food, they become irritated. It’s amazing how a person who turns down calorically dense foods with almost no nutritional value causes the individual offering to become “offended”. What if I brought a big bowl of oatmeal with blueberries next time? I’ll tell them to “eat!” and see if they turn it down. If they do, I’ll get offended and act accordingly.

I really hate some people.

5 Likes

Happy to help dude. I’m a non-drinker and keep a clean diet: I’m a master at navigating these social situations, haha.

There’s actually a bit of good in this statement: if possible, offer to bring a dish as well, and then it can be something you actually want to eat. Deli-meat tray is a crowd pleaser.

Based QuadQueen

1 Like

Too late!

9 Likes