T Nation

(Un)Informed Public

Pew News IQ Quiz

New Pew Research online survey

After completing the 12 question quiz (most are ones that people who only have the nightly news on as background noise could answer), you can view the statistics by different demographics to see who tends to be more informed (interestingly women only beat men on ONE question, to which the answer was Oprah).

Interesting. I only go a 69. Thought I did better than that.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Interesting. I only go a 69. Thought I did better than that.[/quote]

I got a 91 - and I’m not even American!

This has little to do with IQ though. Might correlate to some extent on large enough samples, but the OP’s use of the word “IQ” is bogus. This test is merely about information, not intellectual skills.

83 percent. I guessed on the ones about deaths in Iraq for our side, who is the chairmen for the DNC, and the Dow Jones thing.

[quote]lixy wrote:
dhickey wrote:

This has little to do with IQ though. Might correlate to some extent on large enough samples, but the OP’s use of the word “IQ” is bogus. This test is merely about information, not intellectual skills.[/quote]

Took the term ‘IQ’ from the page, they titled it that not me.

I missed two. It would have been only one if it were not for that Dow Jones question. The Dow Jones IS closer to 11000, not 12000. Bullshit. They ought to fix that shit pronto-presto because I’m fucking pissed. In fact, that bullshit question ought to be stricken from the record. Fucking facists.

12,000 was the correct answer. The next one was 10,000, not 11,000.

Got a 91. I selected Biden instead of Ried. Who cares about democrats anyways?

I got 76

I’m not American though

The questions on Harry Reid, Howard Dean and the Dow Jones are the ones I got wrong.

Only 3 percent got 12/12 apparently.

60 percent and I’m a Canadian teenager.

12/12. Too much news radio. You have no idea how happy I am you are not Lixy.

11/12 I missed the Dow question.
@ Killer rabbit: I like the avatar.

[quote]Killer Rabbit wrote:
12/12. Too much news radio. You have no idea how happy I am you are not Lixy.[/quote]

???

[quote]lixy wrote:
dhickey wrote:

83, Canadian, close enough to american i guess.