T Nation

UN Condemns US Over M.E.

In a not-so-surprising development,

[i]"The highest ranking UN official in Israel has warned that American pressure has “pummelled into submission” the UN’s role as an impartial Middle East negotiator in a damning confidential report.

The 53-page “End of Mission Report” by Alvaro de Soto, the UN’s Middle East envoy, obtained by the Guardian, presents a devastating account of failed diplomacy and condemns the sweeping boycott of the Palestinian government. It is dated May 5 this year, just before Mr de Soto stepped down."[/i]

The full End Of Mission report lots of insight.

So what’s it gonna be? Are you again gonna feed us the line that senior UN diplomats are terrorist sympathizers on the payroll of the Arabs?

[quote]lixy wrote:
In a not-so-surprising development,

[i]"The highest ranking UN official in Israel has warned that American pressure has “pummelled into submission” the UN’s role as an impartial Middle East negotiator in a damning confidential report.

The 53-page “End of Mission Report” by Alvaro de Soto, the UN’s Middle East envoy, obtained by the Guardian, presents a devastating account of failed diplomacy and condemns the sweeping boycott of the Palestinian government. It is dated May 5 this year, just before Mr de Soto stepped down."[/i]

The full End Of Mission report lots of insight.

So what’s it gonna be? Are you again gonna feed us the line that senior UN diplomats are terrorist sympathizers on the payroll of the Arabs?[/quote]

The current u.n. is friendly and responsive to American interests,

Signed,

Morons.

Wrong. A solitary bureaucrat at the UN held those opinions.

Whatever.

Two things.

1. Read the entire article for the truth. Lixy likely is reporting part of it and leaving out details on purpose. He does that.

2. Secondly, no one cares what the UN or one of its compromised bureaucrats thinks about anything.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Wrong.[/quote]

Try being more specific, or at least, quote the things you deem wrong.

I didn’t voice my opinion. I asked a question.

The highest ranking UN official in Israel and the occupied territories nonetheless.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
2. Secondly, no one cares what the UN or one of its compromised bureaucrats thinks about anything.[/quote]

By “no one”, you mean yourself right?

The rest of the world probably cares.

Lixy, how many critical posts of the US can you fit in today? Think you could set a personal record?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Lixy, how many critical posts of the US can you fit in today? Think you could set a personal record? [/quote]

His fellow Jihadists are having a big push this week…I’m sure he’s been busy on this site and others. The other sites probabaly shut him down after a point. Too bad Biotest doesn’t.

http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD162107

Post Raid Material on [Non-Islamic] Music, Youth, and Sports Forums

"Third, beloved [raid participants], the raid is dependent on you… The raid demands of you many things… such as expertise, especially in the following areas: seeking religious knowledge, montage, translation into any language, uploading material onto various types of websites, web design, graphic design, journal and publication design, and hacking and security.

If you have expertise in any of these [fields], contact the GIMF representative on any of the forums. If, however, you do not possess this expertise… there are other matters you can [promote]:

for example, posting matters related to the raid in most [jihad] forums… posting [material] in non-jihad forums, posting in non-Islamic forums such as music forums, youth forums, sports forums, and others.

Anyone who undertakes to post the material must look into the [appropriate] manner of spreading [the material for each type of forum]… The way in which members of music forums address one another differs from the way members of jihad forum address one another."

I’m sure those websites are really just posting recipes for falafel but you know those crafty Memri Jews, they twist everything.

[quote]lixy wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
2. Secondly, no one cares what the UN or one of its compromised bureaucrats thinks about anything.

The rest of the world probably cares.[/quote]

Well, no, I don’t care. The US doesn’t care. Permanent members of the UNSC don’t.

The only nations that care are the ones with a bone to pick with Israel and need the UN to punch above its weight - i.e., your precious, weak Muslim nations.

And as a footnote - I notice how you only addressed #2 of my post. I suppose #1 is a bygone at this point.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Well, no, I don’t care. The US doesn’t care. [/quote]

Yeah, that much I was expecting.
But your own words were:

“2. Secondly, no one cares what the UN or one of its compromised bureaucrats thinks about anything.”

If you cared about anyone but yourself, you probably wouldn’t be playing the apologist for Bush all day. Tell us something new next time…

What’s there to address? I see nothing wrong with telling people to read the article. In fact, I highly encourage it.

Lixy, you write about a devastating account of failed diplomacy and condemn the sweeping boycott of the Palestinian government by the US.

In reality, Gaza is steadily turning into a failed mini-state. The folks there got what they voted for. Nice try, in your effort to spin this as the US’s fault.

Why don’t you admit that what frustrates you the most is that by fighting amongst themselves, the Palestinians have made Israeli aggression against them appear marginal. Now we are watching the dysfunctionality they are so adept at dominate the scene. Perhaps more “consulting with Arab media” on your part will help?

[quote]lixy wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Well, no, I don’t care. The US doesn’t care.

But your own words were:

“2. Secondly, no one cares what the UN or one of its compromised bureaucrats thinks about anything.”

If you cared about anyone but yourself, you probably wouldn’t be playing the apologist for Bush all day. Tell us something new next time…

And as a footnote - I notice how you only addressed #2 of my post. I suppose #1 is a bygone at this point.

What’s there to address? I see nothing wrong with telling people to read the article. In fact, I highly encourage it.[/quote]

Just don’t call him out on it.

[quote]lixy wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

The rest of the world probably cares.[/quote]

So, you also respect the UN’s decision to approve of the Iraqi government’s request US/coalition troops? So troop presence is legitimately requested and approved?

Or, are you selective in your admiration for the UN?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
So, you also respect the UN’s decision to approve of the Iraqi government’s request US/coalition troops? So troop presence is legitimately requested and approved?
[/quote]

Sure. I would have liked a referendum though.

But let me remind you that the UN deemed the invasion of Iraq Illegal in the first place. The presence of US troops in Iraq (eternally?) is a consequence of a fait accompli.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Sure. I would have liked a referendum though.

But let me remind you that the UN deemed the invasion of Iraq Illegal in the first place. The presence of US troops in Iraq (eternally?) is a consequence of a fait accompli.[/quote]

Which resolution is that? Or, did you mean to say that individual members of the UN deemed the war illegal? I don’t remember any kind of vote/resolution on the legality.

Not that I respect the UN, of course. So, for me, any kind of UN judgment bears little weight. However, I do believe it’s fair game pointing out UN decisions and actions to those that view the UN favorably.

By the way, if you believe troop presence has been legitimately requested, and then legitimately approved…how the hell can you justify a “legitimate resistance?”

[quote]lixy wrote:

But your own words were:

If you cared about anyone but yourself, you probably wouldn’t be playing the apologist for Bush all day. Tell us something new next time…[/quote]

Implicit in my “no one cares” is that “no one who matters cares” - you should have been able to pick up on that.

As for me being a “Bush apologist”, you must get some new material - some things I like about Bush, other things I really don’t. A rational person could recognize this - but you aren’t rational.

And, interestingly, your brand of “humanism” and “caring about people” involves being a handmaiden to fascism, tyranny, and illiberalism. No thanks.

Convenient amnesia over the fact you were busted for trying to pass off half a story to advance your ideological viewpoint, Lixy?

Everyone seems to remember but you.

[quote]lixy wrote:

But let me remind you that the UN deemed the invasion of Iraq Illegal in the first place. The presence of US troops in Iraq (eternally?) is a consequence of a fait accompli.[/quote]

Oh yeah? Show me the UNSC Resolution that says this. Looking forward to it.