T Nation

Un-be-liev-able!!!!

My brother was 17 years old and 121 pounds at 5’6", he kept eating alot and kept losing weight. Found out he has a blood sugar of 553, and he was diagnosed with Type I diabetes. I don’t mean to scare you off, but please get it checked, its possible that you may be in that situation.

it’s not impossible. I’m in the same boat at 5’6" and 150lbs eating on avg 4200 calories a day on some training days even going up to 4700.

Here’s a link to a thread I had made on the issue: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/losing_progress_again

I would say try adding more protein in the morning (someone told me to add ham and I’ve been having good results from that - I’m actually back up to 153 now). Also try adding some more simple carbs immediately PWO. Instead of the oatmeal do hashbrowns or something of the like.

Good luck and keep us informed on what ends up working/not working

I’m curious what your activity level is. I’m assuming you lift, but what about the rest of you day. Are a you professional rick-shaw operator? Do you give people piggy back rides around the mall when their feet hurt? Jeeesus man.

yea sounds like an undiagnosed medical condition is keeping you so small.

srsly. at 4500cals. you should put on weight. outside of medical issues, you have the same physiology as every one else.

I mean, at least you should gave a ton of fat if you aren’t moving.

go to a doctor. best advice

Wow I am 6’ and weigh 240 and I gain weight at 4200 calories. How can you little guys even eat that much.

that’s crazy… i’d second the “visit the doctor”

I can’t speak for the OP but during the summer, I’m working landscaping from 7 am (up at 5:30 am) until 5 pm and then class 6-9:30pm and then lifting (repeat m-thurs).

If the OP lowered his intake to 1600-1800 cal., would this slow down his metablosim???

TNT

I’m actually curious to know, do low testosterone levels affect weight gain capabilities in any way? I was diagnosed with severely low testosterone about a year and a half ago and have since been undergoing hormone replacement therapy for it, but I’m not sure if this in any way could be related to having trouble gaining weight… I have issues with other hormone levels also, two other ones (can’t remember their names) were also very low, and the production of these two particular ones were regulated by the pituitary gland; however, I’ve also discovered from visits to the doctor that my pituitary gland isn’t quite working as it should be (hence the reason behind me being low in levels of these other 2 hormones…) and I’ve also just recently discovered (having done some research) that the pituitary gland is also responsible for regulation of the thyroid, for which reason I’m wondering if its made my metabolism skyrocket…

You need to go to a doctor. Find out what is wrong with you. If you realy are eating 4000+ cals a day and losing weight you have some kind of problem.

yeah see the doc and if he reckons you’re fine health wise but with a retarded metabolism then switch how you roll diet wise.

eat only 3 meals. one meal right before bed being the biggest.

Eat a lot of meat that has more fat than protein. things like ham [as said before], bacon, rib roasts etc. are all good fatty meats.

Keep the carbs super complex unless its PWO meal/shake. I find that fast metabolisms only get faster with quick sugars. keep the quick sugar for training time.

ramp up your calories by 1000 every week.

seems counter intuitive but it’s worked for a mate of mine who couldn’t get big enough to play rugby. he would literally fly back about 5 feet every time he got tackled. hilarious.

but then he started eating a whole [whole grain crust even, guy worked at dominos pizza] pizza with triple meat and lots of bacon before bed EVERY night [3000]. Then in the morning he ate 6 cups of uncooked flake oats [cooking makes them bigger, 3000] with whole milk, and that awful vegemite shit they eat in australia.

For lunch it was a couple kilos of lamb and then 3-4 full servings of that muscle milk shit during rugby games and practice. I reckon about 2 of which ended up as spew on the side of the feild. The dude looked 30 lbs different after the first year i knew him and he was almost at a solid 230 5’10" before i left a year later. starting at about 175 gaining over sixty pounds of mass in the course of two years is a good shot. And the thing was he would never miss one of the monstrous 3 meals. even when we’d go out on the drink he’d order his pizza from a work mate and eat that whole bitch outside the pub [pub food was/is pricey] like it was the first thing he’d eaten in days.

Sometimes the usual 3-5000 cal science isnt worth shit to you skinny fucks out there.

In other news: If you have a thyroid issue then you need much more in depth therapy.

-chris

[quote]Wilmernuts wrote:
Wow I am 6’ and weigh 240 and I gain weight at 4200 calories. How can you little guys even eat that much.[/quote]

We have other people eat our food then we post to forums that we can eat 5,000 cal when really we can’t…I just let the cat out of the bag.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Oh BTW post your diet.

Yeah, I wanna see someone eating 4500kcal weighing 121lbs losing weight.[/quote]

He’s eating those silver spoons, man!

[quote]GVkid wrote:
I can’t speak for the OP but during the summer, I’m working landscaping from 7 am (up at 5:30 am) until 5 pm and then class 6-9:30pm and then lifting (repeat m-thurs). [/quote]

Neither can I but in the summer I tend to enjoy slow blowjobs.

WTF…your post does nothing to help this kid out.

If your not gaining weight, your not eating enough.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
quote]

I think I enjoy them more in the spring… but that’s probably because it is spring right now.

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
B rocK wrote:
quote]

I think I enjoy them more in the spring… but that’s probably because it is spring right now.[/quote]

touche sir