T Nation

Un-be-liev-able!!!!

I’m actually kinda worried here, because I don’t know how this is happening…

2 weeks ago I was eating around 4200 calories and I put on around 4lbs in 2 weeks from this. Then the next week I dropped 2lbs, so I upped he calories to nearer 4500. 9 days laer (today) I jumped on the scales again- I hadn’t been able to use them a week after I last weighed myself, so had to do it today instead, but followed the same typical approach that I always use when weighing myself (i.e. time, clothes worn, amount of fluid drunk/ food eaten, using toilet etc.) and I had apparantly lost nearly 4lbs… How can this even be possible considering I’m eating sooooo much!? Seriously, what the hell am I gonna do, I’m f**king fed up with this…

Stats: 20 year old guy, 5ft 11, 121lbs (now!!) and, like, non-existant bodyfat- can’t get any reading for it off any body composition analyser that I use…

Stop complaining man, It’s better to start off mad skinny than overweight. EAT MORE FOOD UNTIL YOU ARE GAINING ENOUGH WEIGHT. Consider your-self lucky, not many people can eat that much and lose weight. This will come in handy once you have muscle and ready to drop fat if you gain any.

Good luck.

Oh BTW post your diet.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Oh BTW post your diet.[/quote]

Yeah, I wanna see someone eating 4500kcal weighing 121lbs losing weight.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Oh BTW post your diet.[/quote]

Here’s a link to another thread where I posted my diet… Only change the 3.30pm snack (the Trek Bar- 216 calories) with a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich and Banana (450 calories)

I highly doubt you have been losing weight, unless you have some undiagnosed medical condition.

You mentioned “scales”. Have you been weighing yourself on the same one every time?

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I highly doubt you have been losing weight, unless you have some undiagnosed medical condition.

You mentioned “scales”. Have you been weighing yourself on the same one every time?[/quote]

Yeah, the exact same ones

Keep a detailed food log for a week or two so that you’re sure you’re really getting those calories. If you are, go see a doctor, you may have a medical condition that’s causing the weight loss and it would be good to catch it now while you’re young.

[quote]watermelon_2001 wrote:
Yeah, the exact same ones[/quote]

What I was thinking is that even if it is the exact same model scale, they may be calibrated differently, especially if they are cheaper ones.

I would try using the exact same scale every time you weight yourself and see if that solves your problem.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
watermelon_2001 wrote:
Yeah, the exact same ones

What I was thinking is that even if it is the exact same model scale, they may be calibrated differently, especially if they are cheaper ones.

I would try using the exact same scale every time you weight yourself and see if that solves your problem.

[/quote]

That’s what I’m saying though- it’s the same set of scales, not the same make

Hyperthyroidism?

You know, it might be hyperthyroidism actually. I might be tempted to get that looked at. However, this sort of thing may also happen if you happen to be walking 14 hours a day every day of the week.

That being said, I’m out of my depth here. If you’re actually eating exactly what you claim, and what you posted up in your original threads, then I think you need to go get your thyroid checked. You are in a very unique spot as far as metabolism goes, in that case.

Beef tapeworm?

Eating at regular intervals and increase calorie intake can actually still ramp up a already fast metabolism. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

As an ectomorph myself I have to eat 4,200 calories to see weight change however, I weight 20lbs more than you at the same height. Its easy for some one to tell another just to eat more without knowing what he or she is going through/situation(s). Many do not know the feeling of having an ectomorphic body.

As for the hyperthyroidism it is nothing to be worried about (to me). The most common condition associated with over activitiy of the thyroid is Graves disease, so have a look into that possibly. I’m just putting in what I have learned/studied.

[quote]watermelon_2001 wrote:

Stats: 20 year old guy, 5ft 11, 121 lbs[/quote]

WHAT!? the girls i normally date weigh that much and are about 6inches shorter (sometimes even more)

eat man. eat a lot. good luck dude!

You need to see a doctor as to why you can’t gain weight.

I’d be seriously worried if I was 5’11" and 121lbs.

Could be a number of things. If you’re being 100% honest, a medical professional has what you need, not this website.

Add a gallon of whole milk to what your eating right now.

There’s no way you’re 5’11 @ 121, you’d look like him.

[quote]cdh3087 wrote:
There’s no way you’re 5’11 @ 121, you’d look like him.[/quote]

I almost frowed up.