T Nation

Umm, is this Belt Real Life??

how on earth is this belt just $12? i got this link from another person on here saying all belts come from the same place in pakistan and this is the same quality as any inzer or elitefts belt. i have a medium inzer forever but its getting near the last hole and i plan on gaining a lot more weight. is this belt as trustable as an inzer forever??

Why buy shit?
If you buy a good inzer single prong it will last a long long long long time and will be dependable.
Seriously, 50 bucks difference for years of reliability should make the result pretty obvious.

//edit: okay, 60 bucks…

I doubt its as nice and as well built as a inzer but of your just hurting on cash I guess it would work.

[quote]spongechris wrote:
Why buy shit?
If you buy a good inzer single prong it will last a long long long long time and will be dependable.
Seriously, 50 bucks difference for years of realiability should make the result pretty obvious.

//edit: okay, 60 bucks…[/quote]

believe me, i love my inzer belt, but when my gut is a 35-36 and im nearing the last hole of my size medium belt, i am getting to a point where i may not be ABLE to wear it. i wouldnt just buy a new one for no reason…plus as i said i plan on gaining a good deal more weight, going from 195 to 230ish. i wont be able to wear a medium by then.

If I remember right that is the same place I got my belt. I remember paying like 18 or 20 though. I even called the place beforehand to verify it was a legitimate company and to make sure their sizing info was accurate. I can definitely tell you, mine is as good of quality as any other belt I have come across.

If it’s actually suede, it’ll last you awhile. I’m actually considering getting one from that site myself now.

[quote]tedro wrote:
If I remember right that is the same place I got my belt. I remember paying like 18 or 20 though. I even called the place beforehand to verify it was a legitimate company and to make sure their sizing info was accurate. I can definitely tell you, mine is as good of quality as any other belt I have come across. [/quote]

hey! youre the guy i saw this from initially! thanks for responding so quick! so what do the rest of you above this guy have to say about his statements? im not terribly terrified of getting another inzer belt, but if this is just as good, why not just pay $18?

has your stood the test of time?

Here you go. Check my response to this thread a few years back. IT IS the same company I got mine from. You may still want to call and ask about the stitching. The double stitching belts should last longer, but the support will be the same.

Also ask about the thickness. The web page says 12-14mm. The one I got from them is a 10mm (3/8"), which is what I prefer and recommend.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:

has your stood the test of time?[/quote]

Absolutely.

Seriously, just give them a call. I was very skeptical when I first came across the website as well, but when I called they answered right away, spoke perfect english, and knew exactly what they were talking about. With that sale for 12 bucks I’m thinking about getting another one just to keep one in my bag and one at home. (I have a gym membership and a home gym as well)

Used that belt for years. It’s a great starter belt. Lasted me through my second meet until I finally got a 13mm Inzer belt. Well worth the $12.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Used that belt for years. It’s a great starter belt. Lasted me through my second meet until I finally got a 13mm Inzer belt. Well worth the $12.[/quote]

what exactly does a great “STARTER” belt imply? if it helps, i am hitting 430-450 squats, 510-530 dls, and 275 bp looking to get up to a 600/405/600 total eventually. would i be better off just getting another inzer belt? i have heard the double prong is a bish compared to single so that worries me if im gona use this for a long time. why exactly did u decide to get inzer or your 2nd belt instead of this one again if its that good?

You couldn’t pay me to use a double prong!

[quote]orourkei wrote:
You couldn’t pay me to use a double prong! [/quote]

This makes sense.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Used that belt for years. It’s a great starter belt. Lasted me through my second meet until I finally got a 13mm Inzer belt. Well worth the $12.[/quote]

what exactly does a great “STARTER” belt imply? if it helps, i am hitting 430-450 squats, 510-530 dls, and 275 bp looking to get up to a 600/405/600 total eventually. would i be better off just getting another inzer belt? i have heard the double prong is a bish compared to single so that worries me if im gona use this for a long time. why exactly did u decide to get inzer or your 2nd belt instead of this one again if its that good?[/quote]

I actually didn’t put starter in all caps.

I got an inzer because I wanted a 13mm lever belt. This belt says it’s 12-14mm, but it’s honestly 10mm at most. For my first belt, it was great, and an awesome introduction to how to use a belt, but after my second meet I wanted the belt that was the maximal thickness allowed for my federation. That, and levers are awesome. Never had any issue with the double prong on this belt, but the lever makes it very easy to transition to having the belt loose in training.

Agree about the lever belt and it’s hard to beat that for convenience. But $12 is an AMAZING deal and it’s certainly worth that price. Double prong is a pita but again it’s only $12.

james

Looks pretty much identical to my Cardillo belt. Those go for 150 bucks these days. Wow.