Ultra Wide Incline Benching

Are there any dangers to it? I’m moving away from dumbbells temporarily for now because it’s hard to truly go wide on them without feeling like you’ll tip over.

Unless you’re a powerlifter w. long limbs, I don’t see why you’d need to go wide? Just add flyes.

[quote]Sexxxton wrote:
Unless you’re a powerlifter w. long limbs, I don’t see why you’d need to go wide? Just add flyes.[/quote]

i feel it way more in my chest going wide is why

dont care for flies at all

I like these in the smith

ultra wide tends to fuck up the shoulders. from my experience anyways.

[quote]celtics2022 wrote:

[quote]Sexxxton wrote:
Unless you’re a powerlifter w. long limbs, I don’t see why you’d need to go wide? Just add flyes.[/quote]

dont care for flies at all[/quote]

I hear ya. I do 'em, but only with light weight, as a guillotine press on the Smith Machine. I find it doesn’t bother my shoulders that way. I find heavy presses with a wide grip murder on my shoulders.

[quote]The Greek wrote:
ultra wide tends to fuck up the shoulders. from my experience anyways. [/quote]

you need to be careful with this, make sure you have a spotter. I did this last night, you have to be careful with your wrists aswell. I feel it more across the upper chest(for a lack of a better term) aswell.

[quote]celtics2022 wrote:

[quote]Sexxxton wrote:

dont care for flies at all[/quote]

Try cable flys or crossovers instead then.

Concentrate on keeping your shoulders down, and shoulder blades retracted perhaps shoulders are going forwards hence not feeling it in the chest…

markus ruhl styleee

Some people will experience shoulder issues from this. Personally, I always liked it, and did feel more chest working from a wider hand spacing. Of course being naturally arm dominant, having a closer grip always allowed my stronger tris and delts to dominate the movement. When using a wide spacing though, I make sure I seriously warm up, and don’t do any of that bouncing off your chest BS, great way to hurt yourself. I figure this is like deadlifts,… a hell of a great exercise, but with a pretty high risk of injury if you do it incorrectly.

S