Ultimate Weight Loss for Me

My weight is about 117 lbs and I would like to lose SOME pounds which mean my weight goal is 110 lbs. I have eaten about 1000-1200 cals per day. The diet worked for some time but then I understood what I was doing:

I ate TOO MUCH carbs, and too less proteins and fat. So, after facing this I started to think I would have to do something. But I have continued with my old stragery thinking maybe this only is momentary. Unfortunately, it isn’t. I must change my eating habits.

The diet I have now is not working! Look at these countings about the average level of the week.

Cals: 870 cal (+ some fruit and yogurt that I didn’t count)
Protein: 54 grams
Carbs: 115 grams (!)
Fat: 30 grams (!!)
No way to work!

Ketosis is not my thing, I suppose. Why? A lot of fat is not my cup of tea but of course I have to cut carbs to get the super weight loss. Luckily, there is no such a long way to my goals, only 7 lbs to go. :slight_smile:

Okay, let’s think about I will start to eat 50-60 grams carbs per day. What do this mean practically?

Veggies:
Could I eat cauliflower-broccoli-carrot-mixing? I checked 3,6 grams carbs/100 g. Eating 250 grams means 9 grams carbs. Not a lot or what do you say? Do you count paprika, cucumber and tomatoes normally? If I will ate about 700 grams these per day?

Milk products:
OMG, I eat TOO MUCH yogurt and it’s not for good!
39 cal/p 3,6 g/carbs 5,9 g and fat 0,1 grams. That is my favorite: I eat in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening and so on. I decided to take instead these: cottage cheese and fromage frais. Okay, with the light line still, no butter or cream included. Cheese for me?

Protein:
Chicken, eggs (I love eggs, really), red meat a bit (elk), cold cuts, tuna. How much these kind of products per day?

Fat:
Okay. I have always thought is not a good idea to eat much fat. The magazines for women have learnt a lot but of course fat-free diet doesn’t work at all - I have noticed that. Can I eat nuts? Cashewnuts are my favorites: 29 grams carbs, 46 grams fat and I do love them. Hmm, if I will eat 30 grams, I get about 8,7 grams carbs. Not a lot?

I do know, I eat not a lot. I have counted bubblegums too. Can I eat bubblegum if I start a new diet?

Then the most important questions:

Calories:
I have decided to eat 1000-1200 cals per day? I do gym training about 4 times a week and walking too. I will try to train a lot. I think my biggest problem is now my diet (food points) and I can handle with the training.

Then about 240 cal carbs, 425 cal protein and 335 cal fat. Can you give me some examples about eating during the day?

Thanks a lot, I do need some help. xxx

for a female(?) or anyone for that matter, 1200 calories is just not enough

you need to eat more AND exercise more

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:

you need to eat more AND exercise more [/quote]

I agree that eating more and working out more seems wise, but if you think 1200 cal is right for you the following may work:

1 10 oz package of mixed broccoli-carrots
250 grams roasted chicken meat
1/2 cup cashews pieces (dry roasted)
1 cup cottage cheese
2 large eggs

Cal: 1210
Protein 124 g (42% of cal)
Fat: 61 g (45% of cal)
Carbs: 41 (13% of cal)

[quote]revchad wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

you need to eat more AND exercise more

I agree that eating more and working out more seems wise, but if you think 1200 cal is right for you the following may work:

1 10 oz package of mixed broccoli-carrots
250 grams roasted chicken meat
1/2 cup cashews pieces (dry roasted)
1 cup cottage cheese
2 large eggs

Cal: 1210
Protein 124 g (42% of cal)
Fat: 61 g (45% of cal)
Carbs: 41 (13% of cal)[/quote]

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
10 oz is about 280 grams but how much is a cup?

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? But regardless that, no person who trains 4 days a week should eat 1000 kcal, even if you’re dieting.

you’re on the wrong website

[quote]Isis. wrote:
How much do you weigh and how tall are you? But regardless that, no person who trains 4 days a week should eat 1000 kcal, even if you’re dieting.[/quote]

117 lbs, the weight goal is 110 lbs. My height is 63,8 inches.

Some ideas about my plan, but I also notice the plans you have sent.

In the morning:
2 white of egg
150 g mixed broccoli-carrots
18 g cold cuts (chicken)
2 bubblegums
coffée
water

During the day:
200 grams cottage cheese
30 grams cold cuts
water, coca-cola zero (bad?), bubblegums after the meal

In the evening:
150 grams chicken roasted OR 150 grams tuna
200 grams mixed broccoli-carrots
cucumper (no-counted)
10 grams cashewnuts
water, coffée, bubblegums 4 pieces or something

Before going to sleep:
40 grams almonds
200 grams cottage cheese OR 250 g fromage frais
cucumper
water, tea

About 905 cal, 33 carbs, 104 grams protein, 42 grams fat.
Okay, that’s not enough so a bit more eggs or something.

About training:
So, upper body-lower body is the base of my program at the gym. Like 1st day lower body pump, 2nd day upper body pump, 3nd no training at the gym, 4th day lower body hard and 5th day upper body hard. Lower pump and hard are quite same but in the pump day I do 12-15 reps and in the hard day only 4-8 reps.

Upper body hard and upper body pump include a bit different workout and reps are different. I also do some cross trainer or cycling during the training. My training takes about 1,5 hours. Then I do some walking with low heart rates.

Okay, some running about twice a week or stepper training but mainly low volume training cause I like it more than high-intensity. Of course I do like running but I don’t have so much energy that I do running and the gym during the same day.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
you’re on the wrong website[/quote]

Why then? Where should I be? I don’t wanna be at some pro-ana sites because I do hate all anorectic things. Is that so bad IF I just wanna lose some pounds? Yes, I have experience about eating disorders but now wanna do the things with the right metod - not in an anorectic way.

it is not that you re at the wrong place, but, I would recommend you to go read on this site articles from John Berardi or visit his website at precisionnutrition.com

A couple of quick things I noticed that you may want to adjust are:
If you are chewing gum, make sure it is sugar free. Sugar free does contain sugar alcohols though and should be kept to a minimum. Try not to chew more than a few pieces a day.

If you are serious about weight loss I would drop the coke zero. Soda has no nutritional value whatsoever. Drink more water, try to get at least 3-4 liters a day.

Carrots are high in sugar, so I would avoid them when trying to lose weight. Cucumbers and broccoli are great, and you can also try spinach, celery, asparagus, cauliflower, zucchini, and green beans.

Most cold cuts have nitrates and aren’t the best source of protein for a woman trying to cut. I would cut them out and up your egg whites to 4-6 whites for breakfast.

Most dairy will make you retain some water, which will make it hard to tell if you are losing weight so I would limit that to maybe one serving per day, or a few per week. Try to get your protein from the egg whites, lean cuts of red meat, chicken, fish, and turkey. Fish leans you out very quickly. You can also add a protein shake in there for PWO.

You need to get that protein intake up to at least 1g/lb. of bodyweight.

I would also either up your carbs or up your fat, but not both. If you up your carbs, make sure they are clean carbs like brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and cream of wheat.

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
If you are chewing gum, make sure it is sugar free. Sugar free does contain sugar alcohols though and should be kept to a minimum. Try not to chew more than a few pieces a day.[/quote]

Yes, I only use sugar free chewing gum and count this to the total calories.

Is the new coca cola light plus bad too?

My mixing also includes carrots but not so much.

Okay, about my diet.
Yesterday:
protein 94 grams
carbs 49 grams
fat 40 grams

I will try to this percents today:
p 40 %, carbs 20 % and f 40 %. Something like this.

But then some questions about weight.
On TUESDAY I eat lots of carbs, about 150 grams or a bit more. My weight was about 53,8 kilos in the morning. Then yesterday carbs there were 100 grams less carbs and OMG my weight was 54,4 kilos - still. Yes, I overreact but I just wonder WHY.

[quote]diva_ wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:
If you are chewing gum, make sure it is sugar free. Sugar free does contain sugar alcohols though and should be kept to a minimum. Try not to chew more than a few pieces a day.

If you are serious about weight loss I would drop the coke zero. Soda has no nutritional value whatsoever. Drink more water, try to get at least 3-4 liters a day.

Carrots are high in sugar, so I would avoid them when trying to lose weight.

Okay, about my diet.
Yesterday:
protein 94 grams -
carbs 49 grams
fat 40 grams

On TUESDAY I eat lots of carbs, about 150 grams or a bit more. My weight was about 53,8 kilos in the morning. Then yesterday carbs there were 100 grams less carbs and OMG my weight was 54,4 kilos - still. Yes, I overreact but I just wonder WHY.[/quote]

-If you are trying to lose weight, NO SODA! DRINK WATER. When you think you have drank enough, drink some more.
-Cut out the carrots - eat green vegetables.

• You need more protein, at least your bodyweight in grams
    -Need to increase either fat or carbs

Don’t weigh yourself everyday, you weight fluctuates everyday. The increase it probably just water from the carbs. You need to eat more. You ate less than 1,000 calories yesterday. You are starving yourself. You need to slowly increase your calories, try eating at least 1,000 everyday for a week. Then bump it up to maybe 1100-1200 for a week, and so forth. Your body is going to shut down if you keep eating like that.

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
diva_ wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:

Carrots are high in sugar, so I would avoid them when trying to lose weight.

Okay, about my diet.
Yesterday:
protein 94 grams -
carbs 49 grams
fat 40 grams

On TUESDAY I eat lots of carbs, about 150 grams or a bit more. My weight was about 53,8 kilos in the morning. Then yesterday carbs there were 100 grams less carbs and OMG my weight was 54,4 kilos - still. Yes, I overreact but I just wonder WHY.

-If you are trying to lose weight, NO SODA! DRINK WATER. When you think you have drank enough, drink some more.
-Cut out the carrots - eat green vegetables.

• You need more protein, at least your bodyweight in grams
    -Need to increase either fat or carbs

Don’t weigh yourself everyday, you weight fluctuates everyday. The increase it probably just water from the carbs. You need to eat more. You ate less than 1,000 calories yesterday. You are starving yourself. You need to slowly increase your calories, try eating at least 1,000 everyday for a week. Then bump it up to maybe 1100-1200 for a week, and so forth. Your body is going to shut down if you keep eating like that.
[/quote]

Solid advice.

You need at least 5 hours of exercise per week. I would recommend trying to build muscle which will increase your metabollism and should decrease fat mass. Don’t worry about the weight. Use the fitting of you clothes and body circumfrence or body comp to determine progress.

Work your big muscles: legs, back, chest they burn the most calories.

Eat protein and try to keep your carbs for the morning. You can’t overeat vegetables. Drink H20 mainly. I would skip the Soda all together.

Good luck.

I have built some muscle.

Yesterday, I did eat a bit over 1300 cal. Yes, I ate 143 protein, 77 carbs and 52 grams fat. Chewing gum gave extra carbs, unfortunately.

My weight still is about 54 kilos, though I have reduced carbs from 130-150 grams to 50-90 grams. I will try to eat more broccoli and cauliflower, less carrots. Light drinks I drink now but hope I could get rid of them.