Ultimate Snack Sandwich

So whenver I’m fiendin for something sweet, instead of buying some ice cream or other high fructose corn syrup junk food, I usually eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Organic spelt bread, organic peanut butter, etc.

But just recently, I’ve started adding organic extra virgin coconut oil to the mix. After I toast the bread and make the sandwich with the honey and PB, I’ll slather some coconut oil on top of the sandwich (toasting it helps the oil to melt into the bread).

The sandwich was good before, but now it tastes like I’m eating something really naughty. And after eating one (or two) I don’t feel like pigging out on Oatmeal cream pies or something of the sort.

Try one sometime.

I’ve been tinkering with the idea of making a spread with mashed sweet potatoes, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and egg whites. Guys looking to bulk could probably sub the eggwhites with unsweetened whipped cream. I’ll post when I get a chance to make it.

Sounds great. Peanut Butter sandwiches(generously spread open face) with Banana are one of my most eaten snacks. Coconut milk is not only great for you, but it also would add a nice taste to the mix I think. I’ll have to get some tomorrow.

Nutella is a hazelnut spread that is another tasty addition to a peanut butter sandwich, but nutella is a bit more fatty and less nutritious than peanut butter, so use at your own discretion.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Nutella is a hazelnut spread that is another tasty addition to a peanut butter sandwich, but nutella is a bit more fatty and less nutritious than peanut butter, so use at your own discretion.[/quote]

OMG, Nutella, so addictive.

How about Peaunut butter, Fruit preserves and a cheddar cheese slice on cracked wheat bread? Yummy.

Speaking of nut butters, I love almond butter and peanut butter, but has anyone found a maker of cashew butter? I could eat cashews till I puke.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Speaking of nut butters, I love almond butter and peanut butter, but has anyone found a maker of cashew butter? I could eat cashews till I puke.[/quote]

Have you tried a health food store? I’ve seen em there.

That spread sounds great, and I am one of those whose metabolism is supersonic, so I’m always looking for healthy, calorie-dense foods. Could you post the amounts of each ingredient so I can give this thing a try?

I used to have peanut butter and honey sandwiches with some whole wheat cereal flakes for some crunch (Think Total or something). Good stuff.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
Speaking of nut butters, I love almond butter and peanut butter, but has anyone found a maker of cashew butter? I could eat cashews till I puke.

Have you tried a health food store? I’ve seen em there.[/quote]

That’s where I get my almond butter, but I have yet to see cashew butter. Maybe I’m not looking hard enough.

Whole Foods has about 3 or 4 varieties of jarred cashew butter and you can make your own in the bulk food section. I did notice there are 2 basic varieties though: roasted and raw. I don’t know if one is better than the other. I have found I prefer raw cashews to snack on. I am better able to meter how many I eat.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
chinadoll wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

That’s where I get my almond butter, but I have yet to see cashew butter. Maybe I’m not looking hard enough.[/quote]

The crunch is key, my friend.
You know a good sandwich.

I enjoy these piece de resistance sandwiches afer races. Good stuff!

[quote]veruvius wrote:
I used to have peanut butter and honey sandwiches with some whole wheat cereal flakes for some crunch (Think Total or something). Good stuff.[/quote]

BIGRAGOO, if you have a food processor, you can make it yourself. Alton Brown on the food network has a good recipe for cashew butter.

I have seen it at the health food stores and it costs more for a half cup of cashew butter than it does for 3 pounds of cashews.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
chinadoll wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

That’s where I get my almond butter, but I have yet to see cashew butter. Maybe I’m not looking hard enough.[/quote]

Has anyone ever had Macadamia Nut Butter?? OMG!

BigRagoo, do you have Trader Joe’s in Louisiana? I’ve seen it there, although the fact that it costs so much more than peanut butter keeps me from buying it.

I just go for the classic PB + no-sugar-or-crap-added jelly, on toasted whole-wheat bread…mmmm…

Try this site:

I haven’t tried these because there is a Trader Joe’s nearby.