Ultimate Sickness Remedy

2 days ago I came down with the worst cold, flu virus combo I have had in 4 years. That night I had a terrible nights sleep, no sleep really and I was lying in bed moaning (thats how bad it was) from the throat ache, chest and nasal congestion, body aches and persistent high fever (the kind of fever that makes your eyes feel like they are being cooked.) I got up yesterday morning to find myself in what felt like it would be the beginning incredibly shitty part of being really sick. First I spent about 5 minutes coughing (deep painful coughs) out a bunch of brown, and yellow green thick flem pieces then I went the the grocery store and this is what I got/made/consumed-

-Chicken Soup Organic if possible (chicken drumsticks, kale,a big spoonful of turmeric (the brighter yellow the better) onions, alotta garlic, ginger root)

simmer all of the above for 45 minutes or so, eat/drink all of it

-Green Tea with Ginger root (I used three different kinds of green tea in an actual pot of about 6 glasses of water)

-basically as much ginger as you can take in general

-super high vitamin c dosage (read about that somewhere on here) 5,000 mg than two 3,000 mg doses throughout the day

-about 1/2 gallon water

-about 2 cups ofyoghurt

-about 20 grams of glutamine

-2 8 ounce glasses odwalla superfood

-as much good food as you can stomach (I had like 10 pb and j’s, and spaghetti and meatsauce, 2 oranges, and 4 or 5 glasses of soymilk (I normally have zero soy, but I felt like it and needed the calories)

I am not a doctor, and taking too much of anything can obviously hurt you, but I listened to my body throughout the day, did not put too much in at once but by the end of the day had consumed everything on that list.

I started to feel better throughout the day but still sick, went to bed at 10:30 and stayed in bed til about 12:00 today (not out cold the whole time, but got a good amount of sleep) Got up today and felt like I dealt with the beginning but had skipped all the middle and was straight to the last few days of recovery.

I kid you all not, you know when you get that sickness of the year or that once every three years sickness that knocks you out for a week or more, and then you are still recovering for a week after, this was that kind of sickness.

I think this is only my second post on this site, I wish I had more time to participate in the sharing of information that goes on here, but needless to say I felt this was huge and I just wanted to share it with as many people as I could. I am convinced that the nutritional action I took made a humongous difference. I hope this helps some of you all out.

Shit, smoking pot is easier.

Yeah, I was totally expecting a picture of a nice bud or something. When in rome…

Few years back I went to a friends wedding. When I headed out, I had full on cold, headache, head spinning, eyes hurting, constant coughing, etc, etc.

I spent the entire evening drinking straight Jack Daniels and standing outside surrounded by smokers (I don’t smoke). Then, back to the hotel and spend the whole night having wild drunken sex with a hot horny redhead.

So, my ultimate sickness remedy is copious amounts of whisky and shit loads of drunken sex.

Hasn’t failed me yet.

[quote]Roual wrote:
Few years back I went to a friends wedding. When I headed out, I had full on cold, headache, head spinning, eyes hurting, constant coughing, etc, etc.

I spent the entire evening drinking straight Jack Daniels and standing outside surrounded by smokers (I don’t smoke). Then, back to the hotel and spend the whole night having wild drunken sex with a hot horny redhead.

So, my ultimate sickness remedy is copious amounts of whisky and shit loads of drunken sex.

Hasn’t failed me yet.[/quote]

I concur, and bow to your infinite wisdom.