Ultimate Orange?

Hey guys,

I don’t know if this topic has been discussed before, but is the new Ultimate Orange formula any good? I was thinking of buying some to boost my workout intensity and give me an energy boost. I know the ORIGINAL formula back in the 80’s contained Ephedra, before it was banned, but I don’t know if it’s worth buying this new formula because it basically just looks like another caffeine-based product to me. Might as well just drink some Red Bull or take some No-Doz if it’s just going to give me a caffeine boost.

But has anyone had a positive experience with this new formula Ultimate Orange; that they can say it’s worth buying ?

[quote]John Blaze wrote:
Hey guys,

I don’t know if this topic has been discussed before, but is the new Ultimate Orange formula any good? I was thinking of buying some to boost my workout intensity and give me an energy boost. I know the ORIGINAL formula back in the 80’s contained Ephedra, before it was banned, but I don’t know if it’s worth buying this new formula because it basically just looks like another caffeine-based product to me. Might as well just drink some Red Bull or take some No-Doz if it’s just going to give me a caffeine boost.

But has anyone had a positive experience with this new formula Ultimate Orange; that they can say it’s worth buying ? [/quote]

The original was in my mind one of the greatest supplements ever. In the UK it started out with Ma Huang and the switched to Sida Cordifolia which is similar. You got an ingredients dec for the new stuff at all, like what exactly is in it ?

It’s supposedly powered by Stimol, which is this:

"Stimol is a proprietary compound whose scientific name is citrulline malate. It has been clinically proven to drastically increase aerobic energy production during exercise and reduce fatigue.

Citrulline malate is made up of the nonessential amino acid citrulline and malate, or malic acid, which is an organic acid."

Here’s the nutritional info on the new formula (I hope this image works):

Apart from the usual vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates, this drink contains the following active ingredients:

Proprietary blend
26,289 mg

Xpress Whey - (whey protein isolate, l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine, l-arginine, betaine hydrochloride) 8,650 mg

Quadracarb - (maltodextrin, sucrose, dextrose, fructose) 7,860 mg

Focus-In - (l-tyrosine, glucuronolactone, taurine, dmae, phosphatidyl choline, l-phenylalanine, vinpocetine) 5,170 mg

Stimol - (citrulline malate, l-citrulline) 3,000 mg

Bio-Vite - (magnesium oxide, ascorbic acid, magnesium aspartate, pantothenic acid, chromium aspartate, niacinimide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanacobalamin) 1,240 mg

Epileine - [caffeine (300mg), green tea extract, 9% epigallacatchin gallate] 369 mg

[quote]John Blaze wrote:
Apart from the usual vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates, this drink contains the following active ingredients:

Proprietary blend
26,289 mg

Xpress Whey - (whey protein isolate, l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine, l-arginine, betaine hydrochloride) 8,650 mg

Quadracarb - (maltodextrin, sucrose, dextrose, fructose) 7,860 mg

Focus-In - (l-tyrosine, glucuronolactone, taurine, dmae, phosphatidyl choline, l-phenylalanine, vinpocetine) 5,170 mg

Stimol - (citrulline malate, l-citrulline) 3,000 mg

Bio-Vite - (magnesium oxide, ascorbic acid, magnesium aspartate, pantothenic acid, chromium aspartate, niacinimide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanacobalamin) 1,240 mg

Epileine - [caffeine (300mg), green tea extract, 9% epigallacatchin gallate] 369 mg [/quote]

I’m glad you put that, I could not read that label, even after enlarging it. There are some useful ingredients in that, and some I have no idea what they are. I’m sure ‘Quadracarb’ was the term used on the original, who makes this new one ? Anything to do with the original maker, was it Next Nutrition or something ?

Well, this is what gets people jacked up when they take it.

I don’t see the point to using the shotgun approach to supplementation. Why not just pick and choose the products you actually benefit from rather than taking something packed with all the “hot” ingredients? All to often, many of the key ingredients in these products are underdosed anyway.

As for Citrulline, it has dramatically increased my training stamina. I use straight Citrulline malate powder mixed in water.

i remember the few times i used the orig. u.orange it made me vomit. it was just to much for my system. on a side none i use eca products all the time and my body is very adept to them so i dont know what was in ua that made it so potent. maybe thats why it was band for its time when eca was running rampant.

[quote]ironmanlives79 wrote:
i remember the few times i used the orig. u.orange it made me vomit. it was just to much for my system. on a side none i use eca products all the time and my body is very adept to them so i dont know what was in ua that made it so potent. maybe thats why it was band for its time when eca was running rampant. [/quote]

Haha, I puked the first time I tried the original U.O. I took a full dose thinking it wasn’t goin to kick my ass. Boy was I wrong.

The Sida Cordifolia one they brought out later made me buzz more. I remember taking some at work at lunchtime and just being wired and spaced out all afternoon. Great stuff !

The new one seems o.k. but wouldn’t put my money on it. The big bang will come from the 300mg of caffeine. The old one was just liquid eca. I have no idea what made this so special other than you drink it instead of popping a few pills then washing them down with water.

Also there was white willow bark in it which is no longer recommended. And yeah next nutriton used to make it. Saw the ads the other day as I was reading an old mm2k mag on the shitter…

[quote]Tin Can wrote:
The new one seems o.k. but wouldn’t put my money on it. The big bang will come from the 300mg of caffeine. The old one was just liquid eca. I have no idea what made this so special other than you drink it instead of popping a few pills then washing them down with water.

Also there was white willow bark in it which is no longer recommended. And yeah next nutriton used to make it. Saw the ads the other day as I was reading an old mm2k mag on the shitter…[/quote]

Was that the one with the two guys, who were doing the lifts and drinking it out of a bike bottle, Mike and Dave or something.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
Tin Can wrote:

Also there was white willow bark in it which is no longer recommended. And yeah next nutriton used to make it. Saw the ads the other day as I was reading an old mm2k mag on the shitter…

Was that the one with the two guys, who were doing the lifts and drinking it out of a bike bottle, Mike and Dave or something.

[/quote]

There were two hardcore looking fellas with some lab guy standing behind them in every pic during their lifts. They list their pre ultimate orange stats then compare them after they drink the majic potion. And they were in fact drinking it out of a bike bottle. I’ll check their names when I go for round two on the can tonight.