Ultimate Lasagna

I forgot to add the white suace to the picture^ it goes inbetween the pasta and cheddar

If made with low fat Beef, lasagna is a great protein/carbs meal.

I am going to share a secret with you that makes my lasagna so popular I am now not just making them for family and friends but I am selling them too!

Make your lasagna as usual, plenty of mushrooms, fresh tomatoes etc… as you prefer, and a 50/50 mix of quality beef and pasta, durum wheat pasta is best.

OK heres the secret that makes it addictive and amazingly tasty:

top layer, put flat pasta, then a white lasagna sauce or a cheese suace then put a load of grated strong chedder cheese then a load of parmeason, then sprinkle loads of worsceter suace on top of that then add sliced tomatoes.

The woacester sauce will make the top go dark brown and the tomatoes will shrink to almost nothing, but let it cook for long enough so that the top layer goes crisp.

Next it is best left for at least 8 hours to soak up all the juice and stick together at which point reheat and enjoy, if you want to get rid of a lot of oil from the cheese put a layer of kitchen towels and a cloth on top to soak it up.

Do not leave in the oven or put in the fridge to cool, leave it at room temp.

Might just give it a go.

Love the diagramatic btw.

My lasagna has always been a huge hit at work and with friends…secret cheese recipe…whisk 2-3 eggs, add smooth riocotta, cottage cheese and parmesan…mix until smooth.

[quote]electric_eales wrote:
The woacester sauce will make the top go dark brown and the tomatoes will shrink to almost nothing, but let it cook for long enough so that the top layer goes crisp.
[/quote]

You lost me at Worcester sauce.

Now why do you have to go take a perfectly good Italian dish and limey it all up with Worcester sauce?! :slight_smile:

[quote]

Now why do you have to go take a perfectly good Italian dish and limey it all up with Worcester sauce?! :-)[/quote]

yes very strange addition. bastardization of lasagna…

[quote]ftothe3 wrote:

Now why do you have to go take a perfectly good Italian dish and limey it all up with Worcester sauce?! :slight_smile:

yes very strange addition. bastardization of lasagna…[/quote]

Don’t knock it till you tried it fella’s, this coming from the guys who put jelly in theie peanut butter sandwiches

[quote]scotty144 wrote:
My lasagna has always been a huge hit at work and with friends…secret cheese recipe…whisk 2-3 eggs, add smooth riocotta, cottage cheese and parmesan…mix until smooth.[/quote]

Pack some on dry ice and ship it to me. I’ll let you know if it is any good.

Cheddar cheese on lasagne just doesn’t taste right IMO. Last time I did that, my colon felt more like a geyser.

I put cocaine in mine.

I personally dont like it, but I can sell it for $100 a piece and people just keep coming back for more.

You need to make up a new name for this dish, because you sure as hell can’t put cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce atop pasta and pass it off as lasagna.

[quote]electric_eales wrote:
I forgot to add the white suace to the picture^ it goes inbetween the pasta and cheddar

If made with low fat Beef, lasagna is a great protein/carbs meal.

I am going to share a secret with you that makes my lasagna so popular I am now not just making them for family and friends but I am selling them too!

Make your lasagna as usual, plenty of mushrooms, fresh tomatoes etc… as you prefer, and a 50/50 mix of quality beef and pasta, durum wheat pasta is best.

OK heres the secret that makes it addictive and amazingly tasty:

top layer, put flat pasta, then a white lasagna sauce or a cheese suace then put a load of grated strong chedder cheese then a load of parmeason, then sprinkle loads of worsceter suace on top of that then add sliced tomatoes.

Next it is best left for at least 8 hours to soak up all the juice and stick together at which point reheat and enjoy, if you want to get rid of a lot of oil from the cheese put a layer of kitchen towels and a cloth on top to soak it up.

Do not leave in the oven or put in the fridge to cool, leave it at room temp.

[/quote]

Im not knocking the dish (i havent tried it) But how the hell is it a good protein/carb meal? low fat beef? and what about all the cheese- shitloads of fat. Lasagna is definitely not the way to go if you’re trying to eat p/f & p/c meals unless your gonna make the whole thing with non fat artificial cheese crap.

you are allowed some fats this is a great treat meal, I have it on a Sunday (2 hours before my biggest workout of the week) plenty carbs and protein in there and I can have the fatty cheese as a treat seems its Sunday my extra hard workout day

Yeah it looks like a pretty good cheat meal.