T Nation

Ultimate Fighter

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/6/565449.1108634216942.DSC00004[1].jpg

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Terumo wrote:
bartonmlee wrote:
…saying fatherless bastard is just plain wrong…

I agree. “Fatherless bastard?” Come on!

Why not just say he’s a gay-homosexual with HIV-virus who can never fill the empty-void in his soul?

Sorry. Redundancies just piss me off.

~Terumo[/quote]

I think if Bobby had just called him a bastard it wouldn’t have blown up to big, it’s a pretty general insult. The “Fatherless Bastard” comment was ment to hit that nerve with Lebien, considering he just met his father a couple of weeks before starting the show.

As an aside, all the contestants on TUF are on sherdog.com with there records.

la’
Redsol1

[quote]bartonmlee wrote:
i agree trash talking is what it is and
mostly mental, but if you’re an bastard
and it’s true that is another matter, that’s like walking up to a man in wheel
chair and telling him he’s a worthless
cripple of course he’d be hurt by that
and probally go off on you. i know everybody was drunk and all that. but still…

what’s josh last name? can look him up
and see if his name pops up in any wrestling school that he may have gone to.[/quote]

i think its spelled koscheck, and if im not mistaken he went to Edinboro (sp?) my spelling sucks

Okay, yes Josh and Bobby were being complete dicks. HOWEVER, let’s not forget about the constant shit-talking that Lieben has done since he arrived. Has he thought to spare anyone’s feelings? I think not.

I mean c’mon, Lieben pissed in the bed of the probably the nicest guy there. So I really don’t feel all that sorry for him. Can’t wait until the fight next week.

Josh Koscheck is a 4-time Division I All-American wrestler at Edinboro College (174lb weight class) and 2001 National Champion. Currently the Assistant Wrestling Coach at the University of Buffalo.

From their bio page.

“I mean c’mon, Lieben pissed in the bed of the probably the nicest guy there. So I really don’t feel all that sorry for him. Can’t wait until the fight next week.”

Couldn’t have said it better. Leben is a flat-out fucking prick. He might have been in pretty bad shape, completely unprepared and maybe even a bad fighter to begin with, but Jason in no way whatsoever deserved what Leben did to him on his bed. I don’t think Leben’s funny at all, and his little mindgames are complete bullshit. I don’t think it’s going to be Josh, but I hope someone hands that guy his fucking ass.

People all over the net have been supporting Leiben. It’s crazy. So I can piss in your bed and that’s ok but call you a bastard and I am evil. Grow up boys. As they say actions speak louder than words. Liebens actions have been much worse than any of the words that have been sent his way. I don;t care if he wins, he is still an ass and can’t change that fact

I think we all agree, UF is a really good show.

I was hoping the punishment would be Josh vs Bobby, w/ the loser being eliminated from the show and the winner having to fight Chris right after with no rest - you know, pro wrestling-like.

And speaking of pro wrestling, last week’s episode is known as a double turn- Chris turned face, Josh and bobby turned heel.

Barton- don’t bother looking up Josh koscheck (?) online. I’ve read numerous times he’s a highly accomplished collegiate wrestler.

So, Lebien pissed on that guy’s bed. Big deal. I’ve played worse pranks. So you get up the next day take a shower and get some clean sheets. Maybe play a prank back and have a good laugh.

But when you insult someone’s manhood by calling them a “fatherless bastard” you deserve to get your ass kicked.

I don’t know much about the skills of these fighters but it is very easy to see that Koscheck is afraid of Lebien. Koscheck may have the physique and the pedigree but Lebien has more guts than him all day long. Remember the first day, even with a hangover Lebien was the only one to finish the treadmill test.

Can’t wait for the real deal on Monday.

Dude! I saw the one where the one guy had to be in the sauna for ever to make weight! That’s crazy! Is that common? I thought he was gonna die!

Leben seems like the kind of guy who would make a good friend?!!! Where the heck does that come from??? He’s been nothing but selfish since the show started.

This whole deal of him crying and carrying on because someone called him a bastard strikes me as phony. I am not buying that he would have cried and carried on so much were it not for the camera. This guy has been playing to the camera since day one. You think he’s never been called a bastard before? You think he’s never gotten a grip on the fact that his dad has been absent? You think he’s so fragile that to hear some drunk stupid ass call him a bastard, he’s gonna crumble that easy??? Gimme a break!!! Wake up, people. I guess fighters, and guys who like to watch fighters, are an incredibly gullible lot.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a pretty good actor. Good focus and concentration. And he does really get into his performance, emotionally. Check him out, punching through the window and then the door, all without flinching. Cool stuff!!! But it’s still bullshit, and you all apparently got punked.

Having said all that, I’m rooting for old Chris to kick Josh’s ass.

[quote]Kleff Gludiel wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a pretty good actor. But it’s still bullshit, and you all apparently got punked.

[/quote]

He may be hamming it up a bit for the camera but he is definately not an actor. He’s just a tough kid with good wrestling and heavy hands.
I met him at Grapplemania in Seattle and he comes across as a nice guy but definately a fighter. They didn’t give him any acting lessons but I’m sure he was encouraged to show some personality. with this in mind its hard to imagine that the drunken breakdown scene could have been manufactured. Definately no acting, just too much beer…

[quote]Kleff Gludiel wrote:

This guy has been playing to the camera since day one.

Good point. Sometimes we get caught up in the drama but the fact of the matter is the director is telling these people what to do behind the scenes every step of the way. It’s hard to tell what’s real and what is creative license in these “reality” shows.

Tonite’s the night, if you guys had to bet on a winner who would it be and why? I’m gonna have to say that Josh has a slight advantage in that he will be fighting with a clearer, relaxed mind. Whereas Leban will be fighting with emotion, which can either be very beneficial or very detrimental. What do you guys think?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Tonite’s the night, if you guys had to bet on a winner who would it be and why? I’m gonna have to say that Josh has a slight advantage in that he will be fighting with a clearer, relaxed mind. Whereas Leban will be fighting with emotion, which can either be very beneficial or very detrimental. What do you guys think? [/quote]

My prediction is Leben, 3rd round TKO (punches). Koscheck will take him down repeatedly, but Leben’s grappling ability will allow him to survive on the ground. In the third Koscheck will eat some of Leben’s wild punches and force the ref. stoppage. Um… sure, lets see…

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Tonite’s the night, if you guys had to bet on a winner who would it be and why? I’m gonna have to say that Josh has a slight advantage in that he will be fighting with a clearer, relaxed mind. Whereas Leban will be fighting with emotion, which can either be very beneficial or very detrimental. What do you guys think? [/quote]

I think Leiben will beat Koscheck. He seems ready to fight anyone at anytime. Koscheck comes off as being a little to laid back to me. He finds out that he’s going to get to fight Chris and has a chance to send him home but instead of being excited he actually looked nervous. What kind of athlete doesn’t get pumped when he or she is about to face their main rival? Chris on the other hand was jacked.

It should be interesting.

I’m not sure why, but I’m going with Leben. Probably because he has tons of motivation and agression and I don’t think he’s going against a guy who is skilled enough to turn that around on him.

Not sure if any of you have seen this, someone took a lot of time and put all the pics together:

http://home.comcast.net/~euph662/ufc/ufc.htm

[quote]t officer wrote:
Not sure if any of you have seen this, someone took a lot of time and put all the pics together:

http://home.comcast.net/~euph662/ufc/ufc.htm[/quote]

It would be great if u posted SPOILER!! in your link somewhere. Some of us want to see the episode before you kill it. Thanks…

I win. Pay up suckers.