Ultimate Fighter Champ !!

[quote]j281 wrote:
The only reason he lost was because of the rear naked at the end which he survived. [/quote]

No. the reason he won was because the judges scored it his way. Plus Ed was never in position to end that fight while Kendall had many submissions attempts that almost ended it…Scored by Pride standards it would’ve been 29-28 but not even a close 29-28 as the two round Kendall won weren’t even a question

that sophomoric comment implies that you think Kendall dominated him. it was a close fight and nobody is saying kendall didn’t win it fair and square.

um did you not see the two triangles that Ed pulled on him? not to mention the first triangle in which KENDALL OBVIOUSLY tapped but the ref just didn’t see it. even the announcers said he was tapping.

what fight were you watching joker?

[quote]j281 wrote:
To all you fools yapping about Ed…what up now fools???

that sophomoric comment implies that you think Kendall dominated him. it was a close fight and nobody is saying kendall didn’t win it fair and square.

[/quote]

Uh, actually you are if you’re saying Kendall tapped dumbass

PS-official rules are you have to tap 3 times in order to have a submission, plus that was more of his hand bouncing on Ed’s hip rather than Kendall tapping, keep living in your version of reality where Ed won though…go debate it with your buddies on Sherdog.

[quote]j281 wrote:
um did you not see the two triangles that Ed pulled on him? not to mention the first triangle in which KENDALL OBVIOUSLY tapped but the ref just didn’t see it. even the announcers said he was tapping.
[/quote]

dude… if he had him tight in a triangle, kendall would have passed out…
but pass around some of that stuff your smokin :slight_smile:

[quote]moundsoffun wrote:
slimjim wrote:

dude… if he had him tight in a triangle, kendall would have passed out…
but pass around some of that stuff your smokin :)[/quote]

Please ensure you give correct credit to the guy you are actually quoting.

Kendall tapped out, there is no doubt about it. I’m sure it will be on Google video in a few minutes if you didn’t Tivo the fight. He tapped, Ed relaxed, kendall escaped.

either way grove/herman was a great fight.
You had to know both were gonna get contracts as soon as the fight was over though. I was screaming for kendall to sink that choke so loud I noticed people walking past my window looking around like wtf?

[quote]doogie wrote:
Kendall tapped out, there is no doubt about it. I’m sure it will be on Google video in a few minutes if you didn’t Tivo the fight. He tapped, Ed relaxed, kendall escaped.[/quote]

Bullshit…I have it on Tivo, each of them appear to have tapped during the fight to triangles, when Kendall “tapped” he was falling on top of Ed while in his triangle and on the replay you can clearly see it was only twice. UFC rules clearly state that you must tap three times for it to be a submission due to tap out. It was more of Kendall bouncing due to Ed rolling him over than Kendall actually tapping. Also, Ed does not relax his triangle, it takes Kendall a good five seconds to escape by pulling his feet over.

Ed also appears to have tapped while in one of Kendall’s triangles, but it is less obvious as the camera angle wasn’t good, but you can clearly see it, and again, it is only two taps.

If you don’t like it, too bad, you don’t get to change the rules to suit your needs.

Whoever won that should’ve won via split JD. There was no way that was a unianimous desicion.

Herman won that; Groves hung tough from the RNC but was fortunate the round ended when it did.

Ed also was throwing some good strikes on the feet and on the ground. Kendall got taken down and pounded on pretty well for a good bit. He had a few triangles that were almost toally locked in…but Ed showed very good defensive skills and broke out.

He swept Ed, yes, and had some very close calls but overall Ed was more agressive and active and did more damage. I would like to see Ed and Kendall’s pictures from today, the day after, so we can see how much damage Ed did.

Also, that Jardine/Gouveia fight desicion ended in b.s. Gouviea smacked Jardine around for round one, faded out for round two and did just enough to squeak out round three imo. Split JD for Gouveia. I like Jardine too and I think Bonnar/Jardine was highway robbery but I think the same of this fight.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:

Also, that Jardine/Gouveia fight desicion ended in b.s. Gouviea smacked Jardine around for round one, faded out for round two and did just enough to squeak out round three imo. Split JD for Gouveia. I like Jardine too and I think Bonnar/Jardine was highway robbery but I think the same of this fight. [/quote]

I disagree, i think hte third went to jardine because of his takedown, the damage he caused on top and the round ended with him pressing hte action. Gouveia caused some decent damage at the beginning of the round, and managed to knock down jardine later, but i think jardine got it for hte reasons listed above. Good decision IMO.

If anybody got robbed last night it was me. How did we not see a fourth round there? even Rogan was saying he thought there should be. By no means was that a UD.

After all of that I wish I could thank both fighters personally for making such a spectacular Saturday night. Kendal stated after the fight his heart was as bigger than anybodies in the house, but what Ed said after the fight, giving the light to his parents after such a war. Leads me to believe Ed has the heart of a champion and Kendal can’t say his is any bigger, Especially after not tapping from all those sub attempts.

Great great fight.

[quote]A-Town Crown wrote:
If anybody got robbed last night it was me. How did we not see a fourth round there? even Rogan was saying he thought there should be. By no means was that a UD.

After all of that I wish I could thank both fighters personally for making such a spectacular Saturday night. Kendal stated after the fight his heart was as bigger than anybodies in the house, but what Ed said after the fight, giving the light to his parents after such a war. Leads me to believe Ed has the heart of a champion and Kendal can’t say his is any bigger, Especially after not tapping from all those sub attempts.

Great great fight. [/quote]

being that ed set the pace and brought the fight for all 3 rounds i thought for sure it was ed’s fight when buffer said “by unanimous decision”. so i figured in the post fight interview ed would whine like a bitch, just like he did all through the show, but he didn’t. i was pretty impressed w/ his composure actually. i thought he took the fight to kendall in a way i don’t ever see kendall doing. kendall was flying by the seat of his pants.

[quote]Robert Monti wrote:
A Team Quest fighter is will come prepared. I think Herman has the skill but Tito’s plan to ice him out and make him wait to fight worked. The longer he stayed under Shamrock, the more out of shape and unfocused he became. He fought just well enough to win but on Saturday, he’ll bring his A game.

That being said, I’d rather see Kendall win.[/quote]

straight up called. very nice prediction.

alright slimjim lets agree to disagree because that WAS a very close fight. that should not have been a unanimous but hey…whatever. but i do think that kendall has become a much better fighter since the start of the show. same with matt hamill. did you guys see him last night? god the dude was a monster. during the TUF fights he was slow with his stand up and didnt do much on the ground. but when he fought Jesse the guy had great stand up with the dirty boxing.

i watched the fight again and i still don’t see it. kendall’s best round was the second and i still give that round to ed.

they gave him the fight all because of the rnc at the end, but he didn’t have the strength to close it. he had it tight for a couple seconds but then ed was just pulling his grip away. imo the round ending when it did actually favored kendall, not ed.
kendall would do well to hit some weights.

sorry, Slimjim…

.well they did give out new Breitlings

The Breitlings were Super Oceans, bout 2,000 for each. The money went to Dana’s new kickboxing aerobics video.

In my opinion Ed won the fight, in all honesty I would have loved to see one more round for the hell of it.

Semper Fi,
Habitual

Every fighter knows not to leave it in the hands of the judges. Finish your opponent and there would be no controversy.

[quote]j281 wrote:
alright slimjim lets agree to disagree because that WAS a very close fight. that should not have been a unanimous but hey…whatever. but i do think that kendall has become a much better fighter since the start of the show. same with matt hamill. did you guys see him last night? god the dude was a monster. during the TUF fights he was slow with his stand up and didnt do much on the ground. but when he fought Jesse the guy had great stand up with the dirty boxing. [/quote]

Fine, fine, I will say I was happy with the way they came out and let it all hang out.

If you watch these matches on mute without Rogan’s retarded commentary, you may see some of these matches in a different light.