Ulnar Nerve Help

Anyone ever have probs with their ulnar nerve. I took a whole month off and it got better, but as soon as I got back to working out it’s bothering me again. It acts up mainly at night. Tingling in the forearms and pins and needles in the hands. Any help of feedback is appreciated. I don’t want surgery.

as mentioned above stretch the chest a lot especially postworkout.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Do you sleep on your side/shoulder? Compression of the brachial plexus will cause the symptoms you describe, but it’s likely to be a ‘triple crush’ type of situation where the nerve is being compressed in several places at once, i.e the anterior scalene triangle, behind the pec. minor and also in the ulnar tunnel of the medial humeral epicondyle.

You might try stretching the scalenes, and the pec minor and icing the albow joint, especially the medial aspect.

Good luck.

BBB

PS - You shouldn’t even consider surgery for this type of thing, unless you begin to experience major motor weakness in the hypothenar muscles of the hand, followed by atrophy of those same muscles.[/quote]

X2. The brachialis also contributes. Scalenes, pec minor, and brachialis.

thanks…the problem seems to stem from the elbow, does that mean anything?

slimthugger wrote:

If you sit, typing for prolonged periods, with a poorly set up workstation, then the compression on your ulna can exacerbate the condition. But trust me when I say that the symptoms you describe are likely to be a culmination of several mild compressions, summing up to affect nerve conduction.

BBB[/quote]

How should my training resume…light? same? or none

I’ve been dealing with cubital tunnel for the past couple of months. The problem definitely stems from the elbow for me. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always slept with my hands on my stomach or chest with the elbows flexed.

Then all of a sudden, my pinky finger started falling asleep and I didn’t know what was going on until I googled it. Needless to say, I now make an effort to keep my arms straight whilst sleeping. I’ve only have minor flare ups since then. Then again, I don’t stretch my pecs and that could very well be part of the problem.

slimthugger wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
slimthugger wrote:

If you sit, typing for prolonged periods, with a poorly set up workstation, then the compression on your ulna can exacerbate the condition. But trust me when I say that the symptoms you describe are likely to be a culmination of several mild compressions, summing up to affect nerve conduction.

BBB

How should my training resume…light? same? or none

Check for protracted scapulae (‘hunched forward’ shoulders) and correct with stretching and upper back work (rhomboids, traps, etc) to coax the scaps back into position.

BBB[/quote]

thanks, i guess using my laptop on the couch with my head down doesn’t help