UKBFF 2013 Classic Class

Hi All,

just looking for some constructive feedback on how to improve my physique - what areas i’m really lacking in and how you would suggest i bring them up. These pics are taken from the 2013 UKBFF Finals.
Height - 5"9
Weight - 160lbs
B/f - pretty dam low!
Natural

Also started a training log as i’m taking a full year off season (finally) - check it out via the hub if you’d like

Great conditioning. Spiked leg/Ham look tight, as well as the feathered quads and lower/inner back areas.
If anyone offers "feedback, it would probably be in suggestion of adding more size. 160 at 5’9 is at the lower end of weight classes, and solely from one shot above, arms look a little undersized compared with the rest of your physique. I’m sure a full year off from competing will be quite beneficial.

Impressive showing. How’d you place?

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Great conditioning. Spiked leg/Ham look tight, as well as the feathered quads and lower/inner back areas.
If anyone offers "feedback, it would probably be in suggestion of adding more size. 160 at 5’9 is at the lower end of weight classes, and solely from one shot above, arms look a little undersized compared with the rest of your physique. I’m sure a full year off from competing will be quite beneficial.

Impressive showing. How’d you place?

S[/quote]

Thanks Stu! Agreed on the arm size and overall size in general. I’ve found that training them with less volume actually is more beneficial for me so that’s what i’m going to be focusing on this off season.

I actually placed 5th - long story short, i was robbed of a 1st / 2nd place. awful judges decision. spoke to 2 of the judges after wards and they were baffled how i could be placed 5th when i was center of all call outs. I’ve included another pic - the guy at the other end (right) came 2nd. no wear near as conditioned/symmetrical. The Classic class has a height to weight ration cut off so mu max weight is 170lbs and if i can put the muscle on in the right places, it should dramatically change my physique.

Also trying to work on lower lat/lower inner lat tie in/ development - anyone know any movements that put a bit more emphasis on that area?

more pics/comparisons

side chest

back db comparison

Good look man! I would agree with Stu that arms are probably the bodypart that would warrant the most focus in your offseason. Care to talk about your training/diet at all?

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
Good look man! I would agree with Stu that arms are probably the bodypart that would warrant the most focus in your offseason. Care to talk about your training/diet at all?[/quote]

sure thing mate - always happy to share!

Training wise - nothing overly complicated. basically stuck to a split routine, 5 to 6 days a week and plenty of volume through recently i’ve lowered it significantly. i’ve never really worked on “progressing my lifts” so that something i’m starting to do this off season using 5/3/1 for bodybuilding. you can follow the log here - http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/jehuty#myForums/thread/5842036/

I’ve always focused on the mind muscle connection and never worried about the weight i’ve used so hopefully using a combination of the two now should lead to better growth this offseason.

nutrition wise, again very basic (cos it work!) - precontest,i was on about 300gP, 300-350g Carb and 70-80g fat for the last few weeks, split out into 5 meals. i was still starving on those macros! i’m going to try and get my carbs upto around 600/700g this offseason and see what that does. protein is gonna drop down to about 200-220g. fats wise, i just let them fall wherever.

dont really take any supplement - maybe some zma now and then and BCAA intra/pre workout.

Thanks for the reply! It’ll be interesting to see how more performance based training works for you. And WOW at that carb intake, TimMcbride has a new challenger!