UK TRT Newbie in Need of Help

Hi, I am based in the UK so rules here are considerably different to the USA. The UK is almost 3rd world when it comes to TRT. I suspected I was a probable candidate for TRT years ago. I approached my doc with my concerns and asked if I could get tested for Low T. This he did. My results came back with a borderline low result. Because it wasn’t in the specific zone of being low (0.3 in the good zone so to speak) he said there was nothing he could do.

I scoured the net and printed out articles that explained how, even with positive readings, I could still be a candidate for TRT treatment. Eventually he conceded and sent me for an initial consultation. When I finally got to see a consultant I was told my readings were taken on a wrong scale and that my readings were normal and not in the area that would constitute being low!!!

Here I am, 5 years later and feeling worse. I have decided to go it alone and self medicate as I am getting absolutely no help from UK physicians. I have ordered some Testosterone Anadoil (Testosterone Cypionate by another name) 40mg tabs. I am not sure how to dose though. I have read through a few threads but none seem to contain anything about the tabs, mainly injections. Could anyone please guide me through this and any supplemental meds I might need.
Thanks in advance

Sorry, vital info needed.
I am a 54 year old male. Used to be in good condition, played loads of sports, trained on and off most of my life. 10 years ago did the V diet with great success. Am diabetic and have high blood pressure but after the diet didn’t need any meds for years, do need them now though. Alcohol can be a bit of a problem but once I’m focused on doing something I can give up virtually anything.
5 feet 10 and 208lbs. Overweight but not massively.

I’ve seen Clomid and HCG mentioned a lot in relation to TRT as well. I’m thinking there is a lot more than just taking the test, there seems to be a host of complimentary drugs associated with it. Any guidance would be welcome.
I see the relation between the injected steroids and some other drugs, is it the same for the orally taken as well?

Read a few stories about Clomid being responsible for eye floaters. Have had a few of these come up recently for no apparent reason so would rather not get any more.
Not sure what is going on but cannot see the stickies at the top of the forums?

Testosterone Cypionate is a testosterone ester that is soluble in oil. When injected, as slowly absorbed, the ester groups are removed and you have bio-identical testosterone. It is not an oral drug. As an oral, absorption would be very poor and the liver would absorb a substantial amount as first path as the vein that picks up what the intestines absorb dumps directly in the liver.

The product that you have found is bogus. There is a product of this nature that is very different, 1000mg Testosterone undecanoate. Some products of this nature have been found to absorb better with a good dose of vegetable oil.

If you inject 100mg T cyp/eth per week, after the ester goups are removed, you have ~ 70mg T, which is ~10mg/day. The amount of T required in orals drives up the costs. Ditto for trandermal T gels where you apply 100mg to to hopefully absorb 10mg. Transdermal absorption can often be very poor.

Injected T is least cost and 100% absorbed. Tiny and short insulin needles can be used.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.