Uk Supplement Costs

[quote]Coast wrote:
Anybody tried http://www.usabox.com/ or http://www.myus.com/ ?

Been wondering if this could work out cheaper?

I would also love to be able to get Biotest products at a reasonable price in the UK.

I can’t find anything that compares taste and recovery wise to Surge - and I’ve tried numerous other recovery products and I’ve tried to make my own concoction using the raw ingredients. But Surge is just so damn expensive here its hard to justify its purchase.[/quote]

You’ll still end up paying customs charges what are the real bitch in this situation.

I may end up just getting pills from Biotest every few months, and powders from the UK.

Sometimes the customs are so high it is cheaper to fly to the US and bring back the stuff in your luggage.

The problem with powders is they might think they are drugs in disguise. I doubt they do much about it but will happily charge for it.

The pills should get through OK.

There are very few good looking girls over here in London anyway however, they are not particularly ugly nor fat, and there are a few nice tourists types say, from scandinavia, or anywhere else in europe where people are not … funny looking.

Can you recommend any flavours? Because for instance when i bought Metabolic Drive all the flavers were good/okay except for orange which i hated so much, even in conjunction with anything else.

And have any of you bought Power Drive cheaply? I want to try that but i can’t really experiment with US orders since it costs so much in delivery. Cheers

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Sometimes the customs are so high it is cheaper to fly to the US and bring back the stuff in your luggage.

The problem with powders is they might think they are drugs in disguise. I doubt they do much about it but will happily charge for it.

The pills should get through OK.

There are very few good looking girls over here in London anyway however, they are not particularly ugly nor fat, and there are a few nice tourists types say, from scandinavia, or anywhere else in europe where people are not … funny looking.

[/quote]

I have to get on a plane with tubs of supplements in my bag. I have never been stopped (famous last words!) yet. The most dodgy looking item I carry is Creating which could be mistaken for…well you know what it could be mistaken for. This is especially as I carry it in a tiny tub, so I have just enough to last me the week.

But I really don’t think that it is a problem. HOWEVER, its not USA customs that I go through and I can imagine these guys being complete tossers. I wouldn’t even bother trying!

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
Can you recommend any flavours? Because for instance when i bought Metabolic Drive all the flavers were good/okay except for orange which i hated so much, even in conjunction with anything else.

And have any of you bought Power Drive cheaply? I want to try that but i can’t really experiment with US orders since it costs so much in delivery. Cheers[/quote]

For protein powder I’ve tried only choc. smooth - it’s decent but nothing really compared to Metabolic Drive. I’m not too worried about taste as long as it’s not disgusting. Mix it with dex/malto in a post workout shake and it taste pretty good.

For my powdered oats I got raspberry and it’s also ok in my book - I usually mix it with the protein for a morning shake and it goes down well.

What’s also nice about these guys is you can choose what % of ingredients you want and they will premix is for you by the kilo - it can work out expensive if you add a lot of stuff, but the convenience is there.

As I say though, a lot of it is about price - but for quality of pills I will always choose Biotest.

I’d buy loads from this site, but the shipping and seemingly random customs costs put me off.

I’d happily join in some sort of bulk buy - with a south-of-england pick up point. Everyone who sells Biotest stuff in the UK seems to charge a bloody fortune, though. Unless they’re just taking the piss, I’m guessing even a big bulk order wouldn’t work out all that cheaply.

Not gonna steal neil’s thunder (OP) but we’ve discussed this a few times lately, the random customs costs are what puts u off…

As far as distributors goes, u click onto www.Biotest.co.uk and the costs are extortionate by comparison to this site.

Logistics of bulk uk del would be an arse tho, particularly for us in n.ireland who have to pay up to 15 quid just to get supplements sent across from the mainland in some cases!

May just have to try the us order and see what it brings…

It doesn’t look like www.Biotest.co.uk is directly associated with Biotest.

think they’re the licenced distributor, distribution partner etc… hence the use of the Biotest web address.

Yeah - the UK price for Metabolic Drive is like ~$80 compared with a US price of $30 - what gives?