UK Schools Drop Holocaust

[i]"Schools are dropping the Holocaust from history lessons to avoid offending Muslim pupils, a Governmentbacked study has revealed.

It found some teachers are reluctant to cover the atrocity for fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial."[/i]

The story made Slashdot front page as well.

I’m curious what input guys like HH/Zap/JeffR/hedo/GKhan/Tokoya have on this one. Ready? Go!

What exactly is your perspective, lixy?

I would think Middle Easteners with a predilection for hating and wishing the utter destruction of Jews and Israel would be happy to “remember” the time when their not so secret desires nearly came true. Cause for a party? A hajj to Auschwitz? That’s what I’m talking about! Revel in hatred.

[quote]lixy wrote:
[i]"Schools are dropping the Holocaust from history lessons to avoid offending Muslim pupils, a Governmentbacked study has revealed.

It found some teachers are reluctant to cover the atrocity for fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial."[/i]

I’m curious what input guys like HH/Zap/JeffR/hedo/GKhan/Tokoya have on this one. Ready? Go![/quote]

I was gonna post about this.

I say its bullshit. If they want school in a secular Western country, then you will damn well learn secular Western history.

White-washing the past for political correctness and fear of offending someone defeats the entire fucking purpose of studying the past.

Come on UK, man up, you want to gloss over the greatest tragedy in the 20th century for fear of offending a few people? That is just weak.

Oh yeah, where’s YOUR input Lixy?

Its not just offending Muslims – EVERYBODY is getting the shits of being beat about the head with it. People who weren’t even born at the time are fed up with being made to feel like they participated, over and over and over again.

They drill it into peoples heads while at the same time make it against the law to question it – after awhile the patience wears thin.

German cadets express ‘unwillingness to remember Holocaust’
The Berliner Zeitung reported that an entire class of cadets expressed their unwillingness to remember the Holocaust," during a compulsory class that dealt with the Nazi regime.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/840554.html

[quote]lixy wrote:

I’m curious what input guys like HH/Zap/JeffR/hedo/GKhan/Tokoya have on this one. Ready? Go![/quote]

What do you think about it Lixy? Don’t you think it should be taught?
I would expect a peace activist like you to be outraged about this.

Is this real? Tell me this is some bad reporting. I want to believe this is incorrect.

If you aren’t going to teach history in a truthful manner than don’t bother teaching it at all. I hope this story is bullshit because if it isn’t then we are in trouble letting political correctness take the place of truth. It’s setting a dangerous precedent for the future that you can alter history based on feelings.

OP,
You are calling out individual’s for their opinions on this issue rather than addressing the absurdity of it. I don’t believe there is a right or left, conservative vs liberal, athiest vs religious, or any other one side vs the other side argument to denying the holocaust.

And another point.
How the f#ck does the holocaust offend muslim students? It was Nazi Germany that did it, why aren’t the British afraid of offending the Germans?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Is this real? Tell me this is some bad reporting. I want to believe this is incorrect.[/quote]

This is real and it is digusting.

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
Its not just offending Muslims – EVERYBODY is getting the shits of being beat about the head with it. People who weren’t even born at the time are fed up with being made to feel like they participated, over and over and over again.
…[/quote]

Boo fucking hoo. Those poor people have to learn about the extermination of 10 million human beings.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
If you aren’t going to teach history in a truthful manner than don’t bother teaching it at all. I hope this story is bullshit because if it isn’t then we are in trouble letting political correctness take the place of truth. It’s setting a dangerous precedent for the future that you can alter history based on feelings. [/quote]

EXACTLY! I couldn’t agree with you more… welcome aboard.

Fragments
First published in German in 1995, Fragments has been translated into twelve languages. In Switzerland, the country where Wilkomirski lives, the book has been a major best-seller. Two documentary films and numerous personal appearances by the author in schools throughout the country have helped promote the memoir.

The American edition was published by Schocken, an imprint of Random House, which heavily promoted the book with teachers’ study guides and other supplementary materials.

Jewish groups and major American newspapers have warmly praised Fragments. The New York Times called it “stunning,” and the Los Angeles Times lauded it as a “classic first-hand account of the Holocaust.”

It received the 1996 National Jewish Book Award for Autobiography and Memoir, while in Britain it was awarded the Jewish Quarterly Literary Prize, and in France the Prix Memoire de la Shoah.

The US Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC – a federal government agency – was so impressed that it sent Wilkomirski on a six-city United States fund-raising tour last fall.

This past summer, though, compelling evidence came to light exposing Wilkomirski’s memoir as an literary hoax.
http://www.rense.com/general63/exx.htm

Duping the Holocaust experts
This book review, from The Wall Street Journal, concerns a remarkable case of Holocaust deception that took in some of the world’s leading Holocaust scholars, including Daniel Goldhagen and Deborah Lipstadt…

Lipstadt, author of “Denying the Holocaust,” even assigned the fraudulent work, “Fragments,” to her class reading list; and the U.S. Holocaust Museum made the man who masqueraded under the name “Binjamin Wilkomirski” a guest of honor at a $150-per-plate luncheon at New York’s Hotel Carlyle, while in France he was awarded the Prix Memoire de la Shoah…

Why were so many researchers, publishers, editors, agents, scholars and critics taken in? You would think, given the intensity of historical interest in the Holocaust, that someone might have spotted the fraud early on…
http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/HolocaustHorrors.html

The Painted Bird (1965) | TIME Magazine - ALL-TIME 100 Novels
http://www.time.com/time/2005/100books/0,24459,the_painted_bird,00.html

The Holocaust Industry
By Norman Finkelstein
"The first major Holocaust hoax was The Painted Bird, by Polish emigre Jerzy Kosinsky…

In the New York Times Book Review, Elie Wiesel acclaimed The Painted Bird as “one of the best” indictments of the Nazi era, “written with deep sincerity and sensitivity.” Cynthia Ozick later gushed that she “immediately” recognized Kosinsky’s authenticity as “a Jewish survivor and witness to the Holocaust.” Long after Kosinsky was exposed as a consummate literary hoaxer, Wiesel continued to heap encomiums on his “remarkable body of work.”

The Painted Bird became a basic Holocaust text. It was a best-seller and award-winner, translated in numerous languages, and required reading in high school and college classes
http://www.rense.com/general62/hl.htm

Anne Frank may not have inked that famous diary
New York Post,
October 9, 1980
A REPORT by the German Federal Criminal Investigation Bureau (BKA) indicates that portions of The Diary of Anne Frank had been altered or added after 1951, casting doubt over the authenticity of the entire work, the West German news weekly Der Spiegel has disclosed.

The Jewish Declaration of War on Nazi Germany - The Economic Boycott of 1933
Few people know the facts about the singular event that helped spark what ultimately became known as World War II - the international Jewish declaration of war on Germany shortly after Adolf Hitler came to power and well before any official German government sanctions or reprisals against Jews were carried out.

The war by the international Jewish leadership on Germany not only sparked definite reprisals by the German government but also set the stage for a little-known economic and political alliance between the Hitler government and the leaders of the Zionist movement who hoped that the tension between the Germans and the Jews would lead to massive emigration to Palestine. In short, the result was a tactical alliance between the Nazis and the founders of the modern-day state of Israel - a fact that many today would prefer be forgotten…
http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/articles/jdecwar.html

The Jewish Declaration of War on Nazi Germany - The Economic Boycott of 1933
Few people know the facts about the singular event that helped spark what ultimately became known as World War II - the international Jewish declaration of war on Germany shortly after Adolf Hitler came to power and well before any official German government sanctions or reprisals against Jews were carried out.
…[/quote]

So they brought it on themselves? Probably seems like justice in your world.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

Boo fucking hoo. Those poor people have to learn about the extermination of 10 million human beings.[/quote]

More, 20-25 million.

We are waiting lixy what do you think about it?

The story is a FAKE!

The Daily Mail is a sensationalist piece of crap, and that’s the reason it’s sales have traditionally been thru the roof. To quote Toynbee: “The Mail’s founder, Lord Northcliffe said his winning formula was to give his readers “a daily hate” - and it does.”"

Teaching of the Holocaust is compulsory for Brits:

"A spokesman for England’s Department for Education and Skills added: “Teaching of the Holocaust is already compulsory in schools at Key Stage 3 [ages 11 to 14]. It will remain so in the new KS3 curriculum from September 2008.”
He said Education Secretary Alan Johnson himself had stressed this. "

That was a head’s up to show how that some of you guys are a lot more gullible than you think you are. The story was, of course, relished by scumbags such as Murdoch and Spencer.

Did I mention the delightful irony of the article’s publication date? April 1st!

They drill it into peoples heads while at the same time make it against the law to question it – after awhile the patience wears thin.

German cadets express ‘unwillingness to remember Holocaust’
The Berliner Zeitung reported that an entire class of cadets expressed their unwillingness to remember the Holocaust," during a compulsory class that dealt with the Nazi regime.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/840554.html [/quote]

Umm… I remember global history in high school. Two year course. Two days on the holocaust. Really shoved it down our throats…

[quote]lixy wrote:
The story is a [b]FAKE[/i]!

The Daily Mail is a sensationalist piece of crap, and that’s the reason it’s sales have traditionally been thru the roof. To quote Toynbee: “The Mail’s founder, Lord Northcliffe said his winning formula was to give his readers “a daily hate” - and it does.”"

Teaching of the Holocaust is compulsory for Brits:

"A spokesman for England’s Department for Education and Skills added: “Teaching of the Holocaust is already compulsory in schools at Key Stage 3 [ages 11 to 14]. It will remain so in the new KS3 curriculum from September 2008.”
He said Education Secretary Alan Johnson himself had stressed this. "

That was a head’s up to show how that some of you guys are a lot more gullible than you think you are. The story was, of course, relished by scumbags such as Murdoch and Spencer.

Did I mention the delightful irony of the article’s publication date? April 1st![/quote]

I must admit you got me! So let me get this straight- you post articles that are fake to see the reaction of others who don’t agree with you and then tell them it is fake later? And your justification that it is fake is that their sales are down? I honestly think you have way too much time on your hands. If this is your way of amusing yourself, here is an idea for you, get a hooker, you seriously need to get laid lixy!

The holocaust is a historical fact. It should be taught in classes. Should it take up half the time being spent on the WWII? Probably not. But it’s definitely more than a footnote in recent history.
The purpose of schools and teachers is to educate people. That is their core business.

Some are uncomfortable with that, they prefer to remain ignorant.
While knowledge means power, the lack of knowledge also gives power.

The same goes for the Armenian Genocide.

And evolution.

Correction - your justification for it being fake is that it’s sales are up? WTF
Hello, my name is planet Earth, have we met?

The REAL “HOLOCAUST” was when Stalin and his Jewish-dominated, Christian-hating Communist party starved over 10 million Ukranian CHRISTIANS to death in the 1930s. Funny how no one ever mentions that.