UK powerlifting Federations

There are a large number of different organisations that people lift with in the UK, and I want to join one so I can start competeing. If you are in the UK which organisation do you lift with, and would you recomend it?

I don’t have any advice, bu tit is something I’m also interested in.

There are’nt that many, BDFPA (lot of raw lifters, plus equipped), GBPF (used to be BWLA, used to be BAWLA) and BPF. I’d go for one of the first two.
BDFPA is affiliated with ADFPA
GBPF is affiliated to the IPF.

[quote]Old Dax wrote:
There are’nt that many, BDFPA (lot of raw lifters, plus equipped), GBPF (used to be BWLA, used to be BAWLA) and BPF. I’d go for one of the first two.
BDFPA is affiliated with ADFPA
GBPF is affiliated to the IPF.

[/quote]

I lift with the BDFPA, really nice bunch of people; great if you’re new to the sport.

I’ve attended many Bawla meets and their various incarnations and it’s good but not quite the same.

All the best,
Chris

The GBPF is affiliated to the IPF and all the best lifters lift in GBPF so that would be the best and for me the only choice.

I lift in the GBPF, and would recommend it. Probably take that with a grain of salt though as it’s the only fed I’ve competed in ha.

I lift in the GBPF, and would recommend it. Probably take that with a grain of salt though as it’s the only fed I’ve competed in ha.