UK Paedophiles Offered Chemical Castration

I guess that they are trying to be “civil” and “clean” about the problem of sex offenders that target kids. Personally I think that if you sexually abuse young kids like that (not talking about the guy who has sex with a 16 year old that looks like she is 21 or something) you should get the death penalty or at least get locked away for life.

A problem with “life” is that in at least one state (Florida) “life” means only 25 years.

So for example a 22-year-old child rapist sentenced to life gets out at age 47.

A friend is having to deal with this personally. She was raped by a child molester, who also raped many other kids, and was sentenced to life.

The 25 years is now just coming up and the rapist is about to be released.

Icing on the cake: according to the Parole Board he intends to move back to his family’s home, which is just a mile or so from where she lives.

I don’t know if this has to do with activist judges who “discovered” that the Constitution says that “life” actually means “25 years,” or whether it’s an awful legislative decision.

But anyway, in at least one state, the maximum ACTUAL sentence short of death, though it’s called life, is only 25 years, which is inadequate for a rapist let alone a child rapist. So screw the anti-death-penalty arguments: sentence them to death.

That’s what should have been done with the criminal in question in my friend’s case, for sure. This is very traumatic for her now.