T Nation

UK Paedophiles Offered Chemical Castration

"The initiative has been backed by the Government after research showed that the use of drugs can reduce the risk of further offending.

Similar schemes have already been set up in Sweden, Denmark, Canada and eight states in the United States and reported to have proved successful.

The programme involves jailed sex offenders volunteering to take medication to reduce their testosterone levels to those of pre-pubescent boys. The result is similar to the effects of castration. "

While I agree with this initiative, it strikes me as a little eery that the government is given the prerogative to mess around with people’s hormones. If this program was to become non-voluntary… could it possibly be morally supported? And I also hope this won’t lead to Testosterone being further demonised.

I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.[/quote]

Doesn´t help, they still do it.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.

Doesn´t help, they still do it.[/quote]

Do you have evidence backing that up?

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.

Doesn´t help, they still do it.

[/quote]

I am not sure I follow. Obviously castration messes with their ability to produce testosterone. Is this what you mean?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.[/quote]

Isn’t it perfectly natural to be a pedophile? What if they were born that way? What if the cause is genetic? It would be unethical to offer treatment of any kind if that were the case, IMO.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.

Doesn´t help, they still do it.

I am not sure I follow. Obviously castration messes with their ability to produce testosterone. Is this what you mean?[/quote]

They still can do it, including an erection and all. Most pedophiles do not rape their victims anyway.

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.

Doesn´t help, they still do it.

I am not sure I follow. Obviously castration messes with their ability to produce testosterone. Is this what you mean?

They still can do it, including an erection and all. Most pedophiles do not rape their victims anyway.

[/quote]

I understand now.

[quote]orion wrote:
They still can do it, including an erection and all. Most pedophiles do not rape their victims anyway.[/quote]

So the research of at least five governments on the effects of castration and chemical castration is wrong, but your still unsupported claim is right.

Gee, that’s likely.

[quote]pookie wrote:
orion wrote:
They still can do it, including an erection and all. Most pedophiles do not rape their victims anyway.

So the research of at least five governments on the effects of castration and chemical castration is wrong, but your still unsupported claim is right.

Gee, that’s likely.

[/quote]

Who were these studies done on? Offenders who volunteered? For the sake of my argument I am going to assume that is the case, so take it for what it is worth.

If the subjects volunteered for this hormone therapy, that means that on some level they realized they had a problem. Isn’t that the first step in reforming? To admit one has a problem?

The real test would be to perform the hormonal castration on those who don’t want to have it done, and see if it really reduces recidivism.

But I could be wrong.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Who were these studies done on? Offenders who volunteered? For the sake of my argument I am going to assume that is the case, so take it for what it is worth.

If the subjects volunteered for this hormone therapy, that means that on some level they realized they had a problem. Isn’t that the first step in reforming? To admit one has a problem?

The real test would be to perform the hormonal castration on those who don’t want to have it done, and see if it really reduces recidivism.

But I could be wrong. [/quote]

The problem then becomes: how do you make sure that someone who doesn’t want to undertake the hormonal treatment is taking his medication? Do you show up at his door every day/week/month and forcibly shoot him up?

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I have the same fears. I would prefer they actually castrate them and not mess around with hormones.

Doesn´t help, they still do it.

[/quote]

Yep, that’s why you need to kill the cunts.

They did it here in South Australian on an Aboriginal man. Can’t remember the facts exactly(very complicated sentencing case) but I think it was made a condition of him not being sent to jail. He lived on the Aboriginal lands in the far north and I think a nurse took a blood sample to check it was working and the program was supervised by the state’s chief forensic psychiatrist.

[quote]pookie wrote:
The problem then becomes: how do you make sure that someone who doesn’t want to undertake the hormonal treatment is taking his medication? Do you show up at his door every day/week/month and forcibly shoot him up?
[/quote]

Implants and regular blood work. The baby fucker would most likely have to also undergo counseling of some sort - just give him a blood test when he comes in for that.

Personally, I think they should receive the death penalty. Or at the very least get a big honkin’ “BABY FUCKER” tattoo in 4" letters across their chest and throw them in gen pop.

Rainjack, isn’t that against their constitutional right not to be punished in a cruel and unusual way? We all know how much you love constitutional rights!

[quote]AndyG wrote:
Rainjack, isn’t that against their constitutional right not to be punished in a cruel and unusual way? We all know how much you love constitutional rights![/quote]

When child molesters are convicted - they should lose all their rights, constitutional, natural, human - all of them.

So no.

Besides, in the the case of baby fuckers the punishment would perfectly fit the crime.

[quote]aussie486 wrote:
Yep, that’s why you need to kill the cunts.[/quote]

QFT

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:

"The initiative has been backed by the Government after research showed that the use of drugs can reduce the risk of further offending.

Similar schemes have already been set up in Sweden, Denmark, Canada and eight states in the United States and reported to have proved successful.

The programme involves jailed sex offenders volunteering to take medication to reduce their testosterone levels to those of pre-pubescent boys. The result is similar to the effects of castration. "

While I agree with this initiative, it strikes me as a little eery that the government is given the prerogative to mess around with people’s hormones. If this program was to become non-voluntary… could it possibly be morally supported? And I also hope this won’t lead to Testosterone being further demonised.[/quote]

Bullets are sooo much cheaper.

Since there are some women that sexually abuse children, why then would anyone claim that reducing T to about that level would necessarily stop pedophiles from committing further crimes?

How about the death penalty? That would definitely stop further crimes from the same individual.

Oh wait, they’re just child molesters and in many cases child rapists, the death penalty would be way too harsh, don’cha know. A few days community service and having to take a pill would be about right.

This seems like a good opportunity to advocate the use of headsmen, once more.
Quick, painless, humane and the whole mess can be cleaned in five minutes by a [insert typical regional immigrant] cleaning woman.

Bullets are a waste, you need lots of them, along with lots of shooters and it’s messy and immoral.

p.s. castrating pedophiles doesn’t work, be it “chemical” or factual.