UK Bulk Buy

Count yourselves lucky guys. I live in Norway and get stuff shipped to me from the UK. Customs don’t mind if a product is coming from a EC country but seem to almost automatically turn back any supplements from the US! The choice of supplements ain’t great over here and expensive.

quick Q bushy, how do the customs work in say… France. is it cheaper after you account for the strength of the pound to import them to france (or some other country) and then pick them up and run back across on the underwater train?

oh here’s another one. Our coaches used to just check a bag at the airport to send gamefilm, and then the other coaches would do the same. then you just pick it up at the airport. could you do that with a friend from the states?

thats true, it could be bought online and then shipped as something that cost $15 instead of $150. thats an interesting angle, theoretically of course.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Ah yes, the theories are certainly coming out today…

Here’s another.

Order a load of spike for example.

Empty them from their bottles, and vacuum pack them flat, in ‘sheets’.

Send the sheets of tabs in one box, and the empty plastic tubs in the other.

If this sounds a bit wacky, it’s only because I borrowed a culinary vacuum pack machine from a friend, and I’m so gawddam impressed with it, that I want to seal up the entire world and put it in my freezer :slight_smile:

Bushy[/quote]

Now we are starting to get somewhere, I like the way this is going.

I’m interested in any hare-brained scheme that will get me a few bottles of Spike.

I am in London, PM me if you guys plan to do something like this.

Bump. I want to order soon

Bump again.

At the very least, we will save on shipping when placing a larger order.

Anyone else interested?

Yeah well, I was bulking and needed the extra protein.

By the rules of lifting, thats fair play and you can’t count it.

For the record (we’re not keeping records are we as this turns into more like a criminal conspiracy) i ordered already. Couldn’t wait. But we should mos def sort out some sort of guild to organise this shit for the future, for the better

Danny, how’d it go? Any charges as of yet?

I really like that flat pack idea. If we could find a t-member in the US who has a vacuum packer who would help us out; i’m sure we could all chip in a bit extra and he could end up with a tidy sum in exchange!

Does anyone know if customs charges differ whether using FedEx or USPS? I would rather my supps take an extra couple o days to get here and not pay a 30-40 quid charge.

I don’t know if the charges differ between Fedex & USPS, but they clearing fee might be different between the 2 - that and Fedex releases the package first and then sends you a customs invoice, whereas Parcelforce wants payment before it release deliveries.

I think you see where I am goin with this.

Yeh, fucking customs got me. 62.09 charge, so on a £200 order, it’s a total charge of over £110.

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
Yeh, fucking customs got me. 62.09 charge, so on a £200 order, it’s a total charge of over £110. [/quote]

OUCH!

Hey, at least the previous formula I found is quite accurate accodring to it the charge would be around £65 on a £200 order.

I’ll be placing an order end of this month/early next month if all goes well finance wise - I think we need to find someone trustworthy in the US to vacuum-pack orders for us!

Hi guys,

I did an order for $205 in July. Paid $54 shipping, and £35.59 for VAT/duty/FexEx handling.

I’d be up for a group buy, to save a bit on shipping. Ideal thing would be getting together with someone within, say, 50 miles of Oxford, to do cash on collection.