Ugly Rhetoric for Fat Acceptance

[quote]AlexD wrote:
That’s what screwed about bloging, if you post a comment that goes against the author’s biaised opinions, (even more if your comment is smart and the author a moron) it just gets deleted so when people check the long list of comments they only see people praising whatever bs is said making them feel like everything written is true.

God damn I had to re-read CS’s “die fatty die” after that to even again my opinion on the matter.

edit: concerning the german 10 year old on the second link provided, her mom definitely deserves to go to jail… Seriously ![/quote]

That girl is from America. Go figure…

[quote]AlexD wrote:
edit: concerning the german 10 year old on the second link provided, her mom definitely deserves to go to jail… Seriously ![/quote]

Except it was a German TV-program about a girl from Chicago. Sickening nonetheless.

[quote]theenforcer1 wrote:
I am sorry, but I just cannot accept the whole “I am who I am” excuse. I have heard enough of that. These are the same people who pound big macs, or say they dont have enough time to excersize. I used to be 240 of pure fat. King sized McDonalds meal every night, followed by a huge bowl of ice cream…and whatever else I wanted. Was I a clown in class? sure. Was I dying inside? yeah.

What did I do? I GOT UP AT 6AM every morning, dragged my ass to the gym and lost the weight. I did aqcuire an eating disorder, but instead of caving to that I FOUGHT THAT OFF TOO. now I am in pursuit of making myself who I want to be. How? Learning proper nutrition, FINDING TIME for the gym, whether its before class, after class, before practice, after practice, between classes or work. If I can find the time, ANYONE can. I dont accept people who give up, or are content. THERE IS NO PERFECTION. There is always an improvement or change someone can make.

I push people around me, and I hang out with only go-getters. Know why? Because I cannot stand people who settle for mediocrity. It may make me sound elitist, but I have been to the depths of hell and back…the only way I survived was by sheer willpower.[/quote]

But did you keep it off for five years? Even if you did you’re just a freak of nature clearly.

[quote]theenforcer1 wrote:
I am sorry, but I just cannot accept the whole “I am who I am” excuse. I have heard enough of that. These are the same people who pound big macs, or say they dont have enough time to excersize. I used to be 240 of pure fat. King sized McDonalds meal every night, followed by a huge bowl of ice cream…and whatever else I wanted. Was I a clown in class? sure. Was I dying inside? yeah.

What did I do? I GOT UP AT 6AM every morning, dragged my ass to the gym and lost the weight. I did aqcuire an eating disorder, but instead of caving to that I FOUGHT THAT OFF TOO. now I am in pursuit of making myself who I want to be. How? Learning proper nutrition, FINDING TIME for the gym, whether its before class, after class, before practice, after practice, between classes or work. If I can find the time, ANYONE can. I dont accept people who give up, or are content. THERE IS NO PERFECTION. There is always an improvement or change someone can make.

I push people around me, and I hang out with only go-getters. Know why? Because I cannot stand people who settle for mediocrity. It may make me sound elitist, but I have been to the depths of hell and back…the only way I survived was by sheer willpower.[/quote]

I wish there were more people out there that had that same mentality. Everyone is so da**ed obsessed with the easy way out and it carries over into every aspect of their life - from their work life, their personal life, and especially their health. It sickens me that this has become the “norm” of societies everywhere. People need to get off their asses and make SOME kind of attempt to better themselves no matter who they are.

that whole site was disgusting

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
Ugh, Kate Harding issues have shown up on this site before, on a thread named Help, My Wife Listens to Kate Harding. Horrible.

I logged onto her site & made a very polite disagreement to one of her posts, which posted very briefly & was quickly deleted.

Guess I’m a “douche hound” for not buying her nonsense.[/quote]

Yep, I posted, too, and sure enough, it was deleted… go figure!

[quote]Westclock wrote:
debraD wrote:

You wouldn’t believe how much I get safetly lectures about running from co-workers who are convinced I’m DESTROYING my knees. I don’t even talk to them about squatting :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats one huge advantage of being male, people dont usually talk shit to you about how you train.

I recommend you start hitting people every now and again, eventually they will learn to stuff it.[/quote]

I body-checked a guy last week and it was pretty amusing. He was a bit surprised how much he moved :smiley:

It never occurred to me that it had to do with being female. I might have to take to checking more often :stuck_out_tongue:

Kids in Africa have a special gene that keeps them thin too…

This is a very disturbing site. Written by idiots, for idiots. Fat, lazy idiots.

Stupid too.

Fat people will believe anything that allows them to eat more and do less.

They are always talking themselves into eating another donut. Tonnes of practice convincing themselves there is no problem chugging down the chips.

So they love a website like this.

To counter, we need to make them feel miserable.

When I was a kid, fat kids were teased. There were not many! maybe 1 or 2 in a school! And not fat at all by todays’ standards! Now they are everywhere.

It is child abuse not to bus them out in the wild and make them walk back a few miles, daily. Walk or die.

Clearly stupid, but people will listen to what they want to hear. I loved Di, Fatty, Die. Dude’s a genius.

To play devils advocate though, we all hear what we want to hear too. We all work out, eat right, and want to hear that what we’re doing actually does something. The only difference is that… um we have things such as science and results. So frustrating.

Thanks for all of your replies so far! Even the simple ones, like “that whole site was disgusting.” hahaha, on the money.
And I’m not at all surprised to hear that two of you got your posts deleted. I considered writing one, but I thought better of it when I considered what would probably happen to it.

the lack of effort towards any self improvement, and the almost glorification of selfish laziness in its place in north america as a whole is wildly disheartening

On the up side, having so many obese (35%) and overweight (70%) adults here in the U.S. makes those of us that actually bust our asses look that much better.

and cuts our chances (of what we’d want anyways) with the opposite sex in half

[quote]brian.m wrote:
and cuts our chances (of what we’d want anyways) with the opposite sex in half[/quote]

And there’s the negating argument… bummer. I was hoping no one would poke that monumental hole in my argument :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, is this epidemic as bad in Canada as it is here?

hahaha, sorry to ruin it

overall no, i honestly dont think so, as most Canadians that go down south are appalled at the fatness, however this is largely demographic…my city for instance, as a whole, is much uglier than a couple of the more wealthy cities nearby…likewise i’ve heard amazing things from the Coasts down south, on either side

[quote]brian.m wrote:
most Canadians that go down south are appalled at the fatness[/quote]

Great, this is the image we present to everyone… as if Bush weren’t bad enough for our image :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha dont worry, we’re catching up, and as long as you have California, Texas, and Florida, i will still dream of the girls from down south…(haha i hope they’re as nice as i hear if i ever go down there)

wow, i cant believe i said “dont worry” in reference to the fat and unkept epidemic spreading…as if that was reassuring hahaha eff

demographics again, i think plays a huge role…but most everyone who lived in europe and came across to canada, that i talk to, says the same thing - they dont have “that problem” back home,referring to the overweight, and overall negligence of upkeep if you will (general physical presentation)

(my cousins just spent the summer in germany) But most of the reason Europeans don’t have this problem is because they walk almost everywhere and get much more exercise then the typical American. Of course we are way more spread out then they can ever be and driving is often a necessity.