UFC's Big Announcement

From the UFC’s website:

"Jun-9-2008
White and Lesnar on CNBC Today
UFC President

Dana White and heavyweight sensation Brock Lesnar will appear live on CNBC’s “Power Lunch” today to announce an exciting new UFC deal. The show airs at 12:40pm ET."

If Lesnar is involved, it almost certainly indicates to me that this has something to do with the rumors of Zuffa shopping at least a chunk of the UFC brand and a high level of interest from Vince McMahon.

Yup. Oy. :-<

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
If Lesnar is involved, it almost certainly indicates to me that this has something to do with the rumors of Zuffa shopping at least a chunk of the UFC brand and a high level of interest from Vince McMahon.[/quote]

mayweather has serious hand problems and wouldn’t last more than 2 fights with 4ounce gloves.

Now everyone will know I’m badass when I pay for a round of golf and pina coladas at the 19th hole with my UFC VISA card! Yay!

Yay

“fans of the Ultimate Fighting Championship will soon be able to collect Jakks Pacific UFC figures, use UFC-branded Bic lighters and Silver Buffalo watches, shop with a UFC credit card, and pick up UFC apparel at JC Penney stores”

Fucking toys, lighters, and UFC shirts at JC Penny? Oh boy. This was certainly worthy of all the hype.

“Perhaps no items have been more demanded by fans in recent years than action figures, and thankfully, those prayers have been answered.”

Really? We’ve all been waiting for action figures, not a Grand Prix.

The Jakks toys thing isn’t the “big announcement” Dana was talking about. That’s set for Thursday (June 12th).

[quote]Damici wrote:
The Jakks toys thing isn’t the “big announcement” Dana was talking about. That’s set for Thursday (June 12th).[/quote]

Yeah, Thursday they will announce the special collectors edition Dana White action figure series, includes a suit and t-shirt/jeans. The action figure also has four authentic phrases including “FUCK that”, “What the FUCK”, “What a FUCKING Pussy”, and “Tito is an FUCKING ASSHOLE”.

I can’t FUCKIN’ wait to get mine!

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Damici wrote:
The Jakks toys thing isn’t the “big announcement” Dana was talking about. That’s set for Thursday (June 12th).

Yeah, Thursday they will announce the special collectors edition Dana White action figure series, includes a suit and t-shirt/jeans. The action figure also has four authentic phrases including “FUCK that”, “What the FUCK”, “What a FUCKING Pussy”, and “Tito is an FUCKING ASSHOLE”.

I can’t FUCKIN’ wait to get mine![/quote]

Classic.

I laugh so hard everytime I watch this…

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Damici wrote:

I can’t FUCKIN’ wait to get mine![/quote]

LMFAO!

[quote]Donut62 wrote:

I laugh so hard everytime I watch this…[/quote]

fuck thats fuckin funny shit man. fuck.

-PC

Okay, Dana has confirmed it’s not a tv deal.
http://rapidshare.com/files/120568497/dana.mp3.html

The next best rumor is that someone has bought into the UFC, most likely Vince McMahon. This explains why Dana announced that Lesnar will be there. It also explains why the WWE is having a press conference at the same time.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

they’re bringing back Paul Varelans

[quote]Kensei wrote:

The next best rumor is that someone has bought into the UFC, most likely Vince McMahon. This explains why Dana announced that Lesnar will be there. It also explains why the WWE is having a press conference at the same time.

Be afraid, be very afraid.[/quote]

If you watch the Power Lunch segment, Dana squashes all the internet rumors. It’s nothing that has been mentioned yet.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Kensei wrote:

If you watch the Power Lunch segment, Dana squashes all the internet rumors. It’s nothing that has been mentioned yet.

[/quote]

Dana also told reporters that they were “fucking stupid” for thinking that they would buy Pride…two days before announcing that they did…and flat out denied acquiring Mirko Cro Cop even though Sherdog reported the contract was signed 4 weeks before the UFC announced it. I’m not saying it’s necessarily one of the things already mentioned, but he will lie out his teeth when it helps him hold his cards closer.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Kensei wrote:

Dana also told reporters that they were “fucking stupid” for thinking that they would buy Pride…two days before announcing that they did…and flat out denied acquiring Mirko Cro Cop even though Sherdog reported the contract was signed 4 weeks before the UFC announced it. I’m not saying it’s necessarily one of the things already mentioned, but he will lie out his teeth when it helps him hold his cards closer.[/quote]

You do have a point there.

I guess it really is that the UFC is selling a majority share 51% to the WWE…I hope they don’t fuck the UFC up.