UFC's Big Announcement

Rear Naked Poke???

[quote]Carano will be 170 soon, so he can fight her.

I’ll fight Carano and sink the 3rd hook.[/quote]

Yup.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
Sykotik wrote:
Also, that UFC 100 could land in NYC at MSG.

That would easily be the greatest thing to ever happen in history. Period.

-dizzle[/quote]

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:
OK, I’ll spill the beans. I’ve recently signed a 3-fight deal with the UFC to fight in the welterweight division.

I figure I’ll start off by knocking out Thiago Alves, then I’ll out-wrestle GSP and take his title.

I hope you’re fighting Alves at middleweight.

Carano will be 170 soon, so he can fight her.[/quote]

I don’t know, at 170, that’s a whole lot of fluff.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:
OK, I’ll spill the beans. I’ve recently signed a 3-fight deal with the UFC to fight in the welterweight division.

I figure I’ll start off by knocking out Thiago Alves, then I’ll out-wrestle GSP and take his title.

I hope you’re fighting Alves at middleweight.[/quote]

LOL. Yeah, I should. Although I’d agree to fight him at WW and hope he doesn’t make weight so I can take a percentage of his purse.

Faber is bringing his belt to the UFC …?

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Don’t laugh…

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1212857304&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1& [/quote]

“Wrestling Edge”? Sounds reliable.

Seriously, if anyone thinks Mayweather is giving up his mulit-million dollar HBO deal to make beans (comparatively) to get his ass kicked in MMA, you’ve been hit in the head one to many times.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Don’t laugh…

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1212857304&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

Seriously, if anyone thinks Mayweather is giving up his mulit-million dollar HBO deal to make beans (comparatively) to get his ass kicked in MMA, you’ve been hit in the head one to many times.[/quote]

Get his ass kicked? He would DESTROY whoever they throw at him.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Get his ass kicked? He would DESTROY whoever they throw at him.[/quote]
LOL. A technical striker does not an MMA fighter make.

Sure, he has a strikers chance, but I don’t see him dominating ANY of the top 10 lightweights.

Penn, Gomi, Shinya Aoki, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Gesias Calvancante, Gilbert Melendez, Shaolin Ribeiro, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Joe Stevenson, Sean Sherk all have a very good chance of winning.

Could he win? Sure. Would he “DESTROY whoever they throw at him”?

ROFLCOPTER - No.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

Sure, he has a strikers chance, but I don’t see him dominating ANY of the top 10 lightweights.

Penn, Gomi, Shinya Aoki, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Gesias Calvancante, Gilbert Melendez, Shaolin Ribeiro, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Joe Stevenson, Sean Sherk all have a very good chance of winning.

ROFLCOPTER - No.[/quote]

A technical striker? Marcus Davis is a techical striker. Mayweather is a freak of nature. If any of those dudes you mentioned tried to shoot on him he’d backpeddle and light them the fuck up, end of fight. You’re not talking about some golden gloves fighter who wants to try something new 'cause he can’t quite cut it at his sport of choice. You’re talking about the cream of the crop, who would come in and DESTROY these guys with these 4oz gloves.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

ROFLCOPTER - No.[/quote]

lol kid your talking about probably the best boxer in his weight class EVER, he also has a few years of BJJ. He would straight up fuck any of the MMA fighters in a stand up game, and would just dance around that ring making them look silly.

He won’t give up boxing though, the money he is making doing that is ridiculous. But really I wish the news would be a signing deal with fedor, but that won’t happen.

seriously… with this techncial abilities teach him a little wrestling and its over, he wont even need to worry about kicks. He’s so fast i SERIOUSLY doubt anyone’s quick enough to take him down
MAYBE MAYBE aoki can do his flying guard pull. Other than that he’s destroying EVERYONE

Especially because they’re all goign to try to stand with him a little to make a name for themself then go night night.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
A technical striker? Marcus Davis is a techical striker. Mayweather is a freak of nature. If any of those dudes you mentioned tried to shoot on him he’d backpeddle and light them the fuck up, end of fight. You’re not talking about some golden gloves fighter who wants to try something new 'cause he can’t quite cut it at his sport of choice. You’re talking about the cream of the crop, who would come in and DESTROY these guys with these 4oz gloves.[/quote]

False. He has only won by KO twice. He is obviously a phenomenal boxer, but you guys are talking like MMA = boxing. News flash - it doesn’t.

And lol @ “any of those dudes.” Those guys happen to to be the best MMA fighters in the World. Don’t strawman me. I am not saying he can’t win a fight, I am saying that he is a boxer, not an MMA fighter. He is not going to be amazing at MMA right off the bat.

Kimbo - Best streetfighter - average MMA fighter
Royce - Brilliant BJJ practicioner - average MMA fighter
Brock Lesner - Good wrestler - average MMA fighter

[quote]shizen wrote:
lol kid your talking about probably the best boxer in his weight class EVER, he also has a few years of BJJ. He would straight up fuck any of the MMA fighters in a stand up game, and would just dance around that ring making them look silly.[/quote]

Yeah, and BJ Penn is probably the best MMA fighter in his weight class EVER.

Bruce Lee was arguebly the greatest martial artist ever. He would get beat competing in modern MMA.
Muhammad Ali was arguably the greatest boxer ever. He would get beat competing in modern MMA.

I’m sure FMJR would DESTROY people with just his hands, but there is so much more to MMA than that. Not to mention that the stand-up game in MMA is much more involved. Again though, FMJR has yet to prove that he has KO power. A TKO in MMA usually involves g&p which you typically need some wrestling in order to pull off.

Mayweather is not ready to face any of the top 10 lightweight MMA fighters and would likely get beat by them. If you disagree with that statement then you are not fimilear with the intriquicies of MMA and you need to review the list of fighters in my last post.

Edit: Et tu, Zen? Et tu? lol, I guess I stand alone in this opinion. I really don’t think he would be impossible to take him down though. He is fast, but is he just going to Kalib Starnes it all fight?

But there is no way BJ would stand with this guy.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
A technical striker? Marcus Davis is a techical striker. Mayweather is a freak of nature. If any of those dudes you mentioned tried to shoot on him he’d backpeddle and light them the fuck up, end of fight. You’re not talking about some golden gloves fighter who wants to try something new 'cause he can’t quite cut it at his sport of choice. You’re talking about the cream of the crop, who would come in and DESTROY these guys with these 4oz gloves.

False. He has only won by KO twice. He is obviously a phenomenal boxer, but you guys are talking like MMA = boxing. News flash - it doesn’t.

And lol @ “any of those dudes.” Those guys happen to to be the best MMA fighters in the World. Don’t strawman me. I am not saying he can’t win a fight, I am saying that he is a boxer, not an MMA fighter. He is not going to be amazing at MMA right off the bat.

Kimbo - Best streetfighter - average MMA fighter
Royce - Brilliant BJJ practicioner - average MMA fighter
Brock Lesner - Good wrestler - average MMA fighter

shizen wrote:
lol kid your talking about probably the best boxer in his weight class EVER, he also has a few years of BJJ. He would straight up fuck any of the MMA fighters in a stand up game, and would just dance around that ring making them look silly.

Yeah, and BJ Penn is probably the best MMA fighter in his weight class EVER.

Bruce Lee was arguebly the greatest martial artist ever. He would get beat competing in modern MMA.
Muhammad Ali was arguably the greatest boxer ever. He would get beat competing in modern MMA.

I’m sure FMJR would DESTROY people with just his hands, but there is so much more to MMA than that. Not to mention that the stand-up game in MMA is much more involved. Again though, FMJR has yet to prove that he has KO power. A TKO in MMA usually involves g&p which you typically need some wrestling in order to pull off.

Mayweather is not ready to face any of the top 10 lightweight MMA fighters and would likely get beat by them. If you disagree with that statement then you are not fimilear with the intriquicies of MMA and you need to review the list of fighters in my last post.

Edit: Et tu, Zen? Et tu? lol, I guess I stand alone in this opinion. I really don’t think he would be impossible to take him down though. He is fast, but is he just going to Kalib Starnes it all fight?

But there is no way BJ would stand with this guy.[/quote]

No, those top 10 guys aren’t ready to get ko’d by Mayweather. No KO power? you’re reducing the weight of his gloves by 2/3 and puting him against people who’ve never faced the power that an average boxer possesses, let alone the best. And Mayweathers not fast. GSP is fast. Mayweather has flux capacitors in his feet. It would be LIGHTS OUT on anyone that tried to take him down.

I just realized you said Ali would get beat in modern MMA. Ali is not the best HW of all time, Joe Louis is. Ali would FUCKING KILL any HW mma fighter you threw at him, and if you think that’s debateable you’re out of your mind.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
No, those top 10 guys aren’t ready to get ko’d by Mayweather. No And Mayweathers not fast. GSP is fast. Mayweather has flux capacitors in his feet. It would be LIGHTS OUT on anyone that tried to take him down.[/quote]

LOL. But if you reduce his glove speed and he hits 88mph, is it ruled a no contest when he travels back in time?

GREAT SCOTT

[quote]Kensei wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
No, those top 10 guys aren’t ready to get ko’d by Mayweather. No And Mayweathers not fast. GSP is fast. Mayweather has flux capacitors in his feet. It would be LIGHTS OUT on anyone that tried to take him down.

LOL. But if you reduce his glove speed and he hits 88mph, is it ruled a no contest when he travels back in time?

GREAT SCOTT

[/quote]

I thought I was too tired to laugh, but that was pretty funny.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Don’t laugh…

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1212857304&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

Seriously, if anyone thinks Mayweather is giving up his mulit-million dollar HBO deal to make beans (comparatively) to get his ass kicked in MMA, you’ve been hit in the head one to many times.[/quote]

Not sure how up to date you are. But he has announced his retirement from boxing. Given the language he has chosen, there’s a few things out there he could be going for. Acting, Pro wrestling, and MMA all seem likely. Dana White has said last week he will be signing a pro boxer to increase the legitimacy of the sport, so who knows?

“So I have finally made up my mind, spoken to my family, particularly my mother, and made my decision. I am sorry I have to leave the sport at this time, knowing I still have my God-given abilities to succeed and future multi-million dollar paydays ahead, including the one right around the corner. But there comes a time when money doesn’t matter. I just can’t do it anymore.”

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
Kensei wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Don’t laugh…

Seriously, if anyone thinks Mayweather is giving up his mulit-million dollar HBO deal to make beans (comparatively) to get his ass kicked in MMA, you’ve been hit in the head one to many times.

Not sure how up to date you are. But he has announced his retirement from boxing. Given the language he has chosen, there’s a few things out there he could be going for. Acting, Pro wrestling, and MMA all seem likely. Dana White has said last week he will be signing a pro boxer to increase the legitimacy of the sport, so who knows?

“So I have finally made up my mind, spoken to my family, particularly my mother, and made my decision. I am sorry I have to leave the sport at this time, knowing I still have my God-given abilities to succeed and future multi-million dollar paydays ahead, including the one right around the corner. But there comes a time when money doesn’t matter. I just can’t do it anymore.”[/quote]

Yeah, I know he retired but just last year Floyd wasn’t to keen on the UFC and Dana wasn’t too keen on Floyd.

“UFC’s champions can’t handle boxing. That’s why they are in UFC.” Mayweather said. “Put one of our guys in UFC and he’d be the champion. Any good fighter, he’d straight knock them out. Take Chuck Liddell. Put him in the ring with a (boxer) who is just 10-0 and Chuck Liddell would get punished. They wouldn’t have a chance to grapple (us) because we’d knock them out.”

Dana White quickly countered back at Mayweather during an interview on Wednesday.

“Boxers couldn’t become mixed martial artists. That’s why they’re boxers,” White. “They are one trick ponies. Our guys can do everything. They can box, they can kick box, they can wrestle and do jiu-jitsu. They are much better athletes than boxers.”

Plus, if Floyd joins the UFC, who would focus on his lucrative rap music label?

Oh, and Dana had this to say yesterday:

“LMFAO! Neeeeevver! I have been in london and just landed in NYC! If I was gonna pay 200 million (dollars), it would be to mixed martial artists who fight their fuckin’ asses off, not a bunch of pussy boxers that don’t fuckin’ fight. And you can quote me on that.”

A couple of things about Mayweather he would need at least a couple of years training @ a good camp (Jacksons) before he would be ready to take on the mma elite…

He proved himself in the boxing ring no need to cross over for alot less money to probally lose.

No way its Mayweather fighting boys…not just because of the obvious drop in financial gain but also he has hand injuries from years of boxing…can’t see him throwing on the 4 oz. Would be great if he did though.

OMC