UFC's Big Announcement

The UFC is slated to make a HYYYUGE announcement on Thursday. See here: MMA Archives - TheMix.net

What’s your speculation?

Personally I would love it if they announced that 2009 will be a year long Grand Prix tourney to decide who the p4p best fighter in the UFC is. Think about it, you have GSP, Penn, Silva, Jackson, Liddell, Wandy, Nog, etc. etc.

Personally I don’t think that will be it, but a man can dream.

So what’s it gonna be?

They have landed a deal with the FOX network.

And they signed Floyd Mayweather.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
They have landed a deal with the FOX network…;)[/quote]
God, I hope thats not it. Everybody already knows that.

Alas, you are probably right…

PS: You guys know they got sponsored by Budweiser right? Right?

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
And they signed Floyd Mayweather.[/quote]
LOL!

[quote]Kensei wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
They have landed a deal with the FOX network…:wink:
God, I hope thats not it. Everybody already knows that.

Alas, you are probably right…

PS: You guys know they got sponsored by Budweiser right? Right?

[/quote]

There is nothing public about their negoitions with FOX, except that they are ongoing, and FOX was the highest rated network last quarter so it would be huge. Given EliteXC getting their foot in the door, UFC will follow soon. The Bud Light sponsorship is big money for them.

[quote]Kensei wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
And they signed Floyd Mayweather.
LOL!

[/quote]

Don’t laugh…

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1212857304&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

Have they made the next season of TUF official yet? These “BIG announcements” tend to usually not be so big.

The only way i’ll be happy is if its fedor. Which it isn’t.

So who would Mayweather fight first? Dominate wrestler Sean Sherk? BJJ champ BJ Penn? All-around phenom Urijah Faber?

I can’t get myself to believe that mayweather is coming to the UFC. Believe me there is no one I would rather have come to the UFC than Mayweather but I just don’t see him coming to the UFC. If he did I would think they would want to get him a nice solid win first so they would put him against another good standup guy like spencer fisher.

[quote]lifta wrote:
I can’t get myself to believe that mayweather is coming to the UFC. Believe me there is no one I would rather have come to the UFC than Mayweather but I just don’t see him coming to the UFC.

If he did I would think they would want to get him a nice solid win first so they would put him against another good standup guy like spencer fisher.[/quote]

I’d have to say, any mma lightweight who chose to stand with Mayweather is begging to be knocked out

Thats why I said they will put him against a standup fighter at first to get him an easy win because he has better standup than anyone.

There are also rumors of the NSCA increasing the number of rounds of non-title fights to 5 and title fights 7. Also, that UFC 100 could land in NYC at MSG.

[quote]Sykotik wrote:
Also, that UFC 100 could land in NYC at MSG. [/quote]

That would easily be the greatest thing to ever happen in history. Period.

-dizzle

OK, I’ll spill the beans. I’ve recently signed a 3-fight deal with the UFC to fight in the welterweight division.

I figure I’ll start off by knocking out Thiago Alves, then I’ll out-wrestle GSP and take his title.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
Sykotik wrote:
Also, that UFC 100 could land in NYC at MSG.

That would easily be the greatest thing to ever happen in history. Period.

-dizzle[/quote]

Yeah, especially if Kaleb Starnes vs Yushin Okami is the main event and Heath Herring and Jake OBrien part deux is on the undercard.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
OK, I’ll spill the beans. I’ve recently signed a 3-fight deal with the UFC to fight in the welterweight division.

I figure I’ll start off by knocking out Thiago Alves, then I’ll out-wrestle GSP and take his title.[/quote]

I hope you’re fighting Alves at middleweight.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:
OK, I’ll spill the beans. I’ve recently signed a 3-fight deal with the UFC to fight in the welterweight division.

I figure I’ll start off by knocking out Thiago Alves, then I’ll out-wrestle GSP and take his title.

I hope you’re fighting Alves at middleweight.[/quote]

Carano will be 170 soon, so he can fight her.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:
OK, I’ll spill the beans. I’ve recently signed a 3-fight deal with the UFC to fight in the welterweight division.

I figure I’ll start off by knocking out Thiago Alves, then I’ll out-wrestle GSP and take his title.

I hope you’re fighting Alves at middleweight.

Carano will be 170 soon, so he can fight her.[/quote]

I’ll fight Carano and sink the 3rd hook.