UFC: Things to Come

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
N. Robinson wrote:
GSP would kick BJ penn’s ass.

Their first fight was pretty close. I’ve got my money on BJ this time out.
[/quote]
exactly, gsp was lucky the UFC goes by the round system instead of just total damage incurred over the course of the fight. GSP deserved to win that one under thsoe rules, he won rounds 2 & 3 last time, but I just see BJ as having improved more than GSP has. principally because BJ seems to actually want it now.

GSP vs Penn II looks like its going ahead at the end of Jan (UFC 94)

Some weird fights being lined up for the Dublin, Ireland event (UFC 93). Franklin v Hendo, Shogun vs Mark Coleman (?)…

[quote]Vicarious wrote:
GSP vs Penn II looks like its going ahead at the end of Jan (UFC 94)

Some weird fights being lined up for the Dublin, Ireland event (UFC 93). Franklin v Hendo, Shogun vs Mark Coleman (?)…[/quote]

Shogun is a HW now? Coleman a LWH? UFC is doing an open weight GP? What the hell?

Hopefully it doesn’t end like it did last time. Though I have to say the Wandi run in was about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, I was wondering about the Hendo fight too. Im guessing Franklin is going to drop back down to 185 for it. I know usually when the UFC first come to a country, the card is more of a showcase event.

With the Shogun fight, well, I cant imagine Coleman dropping to 205. So, maybe Shogun is going to HW…

Haha, they should have a total Pride 31 rematch, and get Baroni and Wandy to go at it too. Totally settle old scores! ; )

The Shogun/Coleman fight will be at LHW. Same for Franklin/Hendo. Franklin won’t be going back to MW for the simple reason of Silva being there. Rampage vs. Wand is on as well, for December.

Hmm, seems strange but, going by the wiki page for UFC 93, you are right. Both bouts are due to take place at LHW…

[quote]Vicarious wrote:
Hmm, seems strange but, going by the wiki page for UFC 93, you are right. Both bouts are due to take place at LHW…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_93[/quote]

Damn, it will be interesting to see what Coleman looks like at 205. And if he has any shoot left in him.

Anyone here plannin on oing to the UFC 93 event? I am certainly not gonna miss this. Rumours of Hughes v Serra too.

[quote]OMC wrote:
Anyone here plannin on oing to the UFC 93 event? I am certainly not gonna miss this. Rumours of Hughes v Serra too.[/quote]

That would make 3 main event worthy fights on one card. Has the UFC gone crazy?!?!

[quote]OMC wrote:
Anyone here plannin on oing to the UFC 93 event? I am certainly not gonna miss this. Rumours of Hughes v Serra too.[/quote]
Its a massive improvement on the lackluster cards that have been on in the UK the last while. Im definitely going to try to make it, its on in my old home town after all.

Anyone read this months FightSport magazine?

BJ claims GSP is on steriods and calls him a coward. He also says once he has got the welterweight title and has defended that and the lightweight title he may move up to middleweight to fight for the title.

Bisping and Hendo will be the team heads of Ultimate fighter: UK vs USA

I’ve heard rumors of Lesnar battling a hamstring injury and Couture having shoulder problems. Can anyone elaborate on this?

[quote]HitEmHard wrote:
Anyone read this months FightSport magazine?

BJ claims GSP is on steriods and calls him a coward. He also says once he has got the welterweight title and has defended that and the lightweight title he may move up to middleweight to fight for the title.

Bisping and Hendo will be the team heads of Ultimate fighter: UK vs USA[/quote]

I think all that blood has went to BJ’s head. He could probably be competitive at 185 as long as he never had to go past the first round. BJ fighting Silva would be like fighting one of those bop-bags. Silva will keep tagging BJ in the head and he just pops right back up.

And here I was hoping TUF was done. I can hardly stand to watch it anymore. Though I will be tuning in this week to watch Anderson kill those dorks.

[quote]OMC wrote:
I am certainly not gonna miss this. Rumours of Hughes v Serra too.[/quote]

Two fighters who seem past their prime. I don’t think either will ever be a contender again, however the fight has been a long time in the making.

I just don’t know if I would call it a marquee event. A year ago? Sure… now? Meh