T Nation

UFC: Things to Come

Ok then, my predictions for the next few episodes…

They found another victim to take a beating from The Spider Silva, Patrick Cote (pretty sure here)

Brock Lesnar vs Couture: I think its gonna be sensational and Lesnar will beat Couture.

Bisping vs Leben: I hope the English guy gets his as beaten, he is thinks he is better than he really is and needs a lesson. The guy never fought against anyone tough.

Mir vs Nogueira: Pretting interesting ground / grappling fight, Nogueira wins.

As for champions, in the near future this is how it will go.

HW - Antonio Nogueira Minotauro
LHW - Wanderlei Silva
MW - Anderson Silva
WW - GSP
LW - BJ Penn

Anyone agree/disagree?

I think Brock is gonna’ put Randy through hell for 4 or 5 rounds – enough hell to make him rethink wanting to continue this whole fighting thing at age 45, nevermind taking on Fedor – but I think Randy eeks out a win in the end, either via unanimous decision or submission. He’s just really, really experienced, he’s more well-rounded and he’s a great gameplanner. Though I wouldn’t be shocked if Brock was able to overwhelm him and take the upset.

I think Forrest beats Rashad via decision – probably a good slugfest, but no KOs, TKOs or subs in that fight. In the meantime it looks like Rampage and Wanderlei will fight, and I’m pretty confident Wanderlei will pull the three-peat.

So then Wanderlei is in line for the next title shot, and I think he wins it via TKO or KO. It WILL be closer than people think, though, since he and Forrest have apparently done a LOT of sparring together at Xtreme Couture leading up to Forrest’s fight with Rampage.

Forrest talked about it in the post-fight press conference and said “When you’re getting kicked in the head all the time by Wanderlei you either get better or you die or something.” SO, Forrest is not unfamiliar with Wanderlei’s style, skill set, size/reach, etc. He knows him to a degree. So it won’t be such a surprise as it would’ve been if they’d never fought. But yes, Wanderlei will win.

Nog beats Mir. Mir is great at BJJ, sure, but no better than Nog, and Nog has better boxing, plus the hardest freaking head in the biz – he’s never been knocked out or even TKO’s, I don’t think. Nog’s will is too strong, and his skill set is a bit better (at least).

This of course sets of Randy vs. Nog, which I think is a really interesting, and probably REALLY close brawl. Randy will use a lot of his wrestling, clinch game and dirty boxing, and Nog will be hoping to get Randy on the ground and catch him in a sub. I think their regular boxing is around even.

Nog’s is good, but not great (despite training with the Cuban Olympic boxing team, he used his face as his defense when fighting Tim Sylvia for some reason). Both have wills of steel. Randy might be a more crafty gameplanner. VERY tough to call. But Randy has had trouble before with losing to great submission guys, even if his own sub game is underrated, so I give a SLIGHT edge to Nog regarding liklihood of winning this one.

But I’ll be pulling for Randy because I DO want to see an unblemished (recently, anyway) Randy fight Fedor soon, somehow or other. (Even though Fedor will break Randy into little pieces and scatter them throughout the ring/cage).

GSP and BJ Penn will of course remain champions in their weight classes, as will Anderson Silva. No one else in their weight classes is even close right now, save Dan Henderson at MW once he wins enough fights to get another shot at Anderson, maybe.

As for GSP vs. BJ Penn II, which will probably happen at 170, I think GSP takes it again.

And in the meantime, I think around January, we’ll probably get to see Fedor vs. Barnett (after Barnett beats Arlovski in November), which might be Fedor’s toughest fight yet.

[quote]Player wrote:
Ok then, my predictions for the next few episodes…

They found another victim to take a beating from The Spider Silva, Patrick Cote (pretty sure here)

Brock Lesnar vs Couture: I think its gonna be sensational and Lesnar will beat Couture.

Bisping vs Leben: I hope the English guy gets his as beaten, he is thinks he is better than he really is and needs a lesson. The guy never fought against anyone tough.

Mir vs Nogueira: Pretting interesting ground / grappling fight, Nogueira wins.

As for champions, in the near future this is how it will go.

HW - Antonio Nogueira Minotauro
LHW - Wanderlei Silva
MW - Anderson Silva
WW - GSP
LW - BJ Penn

Anyone agree/disagree? [/quote]

I predict Randy beats Lesnar his stand up is better he has the Greco uses the cage and is just a smarter fighter and if Randy fights Nog or Mir i think his ground game is better drawing with Facare is no small feat in a grapling match.

I really don’t think Lesnar can put Randy away unless Randy really screws up(like runs into a punch like Heath). Randy is a pretty crafty old geezer in the octagon, and I think he can make Lesnar give up a lot of points and make mistakes. I see Randy winning via UD.

Mir/Nog will either be the greatest BJJ MMA fight in history or Mir will tap inside the first round. I really don’t see anything else happening, Nog is the god of Mir’s bread and butter, Frank is gonna get owned.

205 is pretty nuts, I don’t really know how to call it. From a fan’s perspective, I would love to see Wandy/Machida. That would be an amazing fight! And I have no bloody clue who would win it.

As for Forest’s next opponent, I say throw Evans at him and see what happens. The guy has a spotless record, he just brutally KO’ed the UFC’s former 205 king, I think he deserves a title shot.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

As for Forest’s next opponent, I say throw Evans at him and see what happens. The guy has a spotless record, he just brutally KO’ed the UFC’s former 205 king, I think he deserves a title shot.
[/quote]

I think Forrest will beat Evans bad. Truth is the Liddell’s best phase has already passed, maybe because of age. I think a good match would be something like quinton or wanderlei against evans, so he takes a beating and learns some respect.

[quote]Player wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

I think Forrest will beat Evans bad. Truth is the Liddell’s best phase has already passed, maybe because of age. I think a good match would be something like quinton or wanderlei against evans, so he takes a beating and learns some respect.[/quote]

I’m looking forward to Rashad getting his ass handed to him from Forrest. I agree that he showboats still, and frankly it’s annoying to see him do it after his fight with Chuck among others. That didn’t sit well with me at all. What the fuck was that he was doing anyway? The old Fred Sanford heart attack mimic or something? WHeeezy, Wheeeeeezy!!

BJ Penn over GSP. I agree with the rest of the predictions, however Couture will have his hands full with Lesnar.

[quote]nl5kb wrote:
BJ Penn over GSP. I agree with the rest of the predictions, however Couture will have his hands full with Lesnar.[/quote]

If BJ is in shape, I give him a slight advantage as well. BJ @ 170 is hit or miss.

I think anybody can beat anybody. I predict a new crop of champions soon.

everyone knows Randy has problems with big guys. He cant finish anyone. He couldnt even put away a smaller Tito. Had to pretend spank him. Brock by crushing victory and Couture retires.

How big is Tim Sylvia?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
How big is Tim Sylvia? [/quote]

Seriously, Randy manhandled the biggest guy in the UFC and beat the crap out of him at his own game.

Randy beats Brock pretty easily, too much experience IMO.

Bisping beats Leben assuming he is not crazy “jittery” like he was on the first round when he fought Hammill.

Silva wins.

Evans and Forrest will be a tough fight, Evans is underrated IMO.

GSP vs Penn II will be a toss up, Penn wins first round and if he can stay in condition wins the fight. He beat GSP pretty bad in the first round of their first fight, I am not sure I have ever seen him lose the first round of a fight.

Time will tell, that is why they actually fight.

Which Silva are you talking about? And against whom?

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
Randy beats Brock pretty easily, too much experience IMO.

Bisping beats Leben assuming he is not crazy “jittery” like he was on the first round when he fought Hammill.

Silva wins.

Evans and Forrest will be a tough fight, Evans is underrated IMO.

GSP vs Penn II will be a toss up, Penn wins first round and if he can stay in condition wins the fight. He beat GSP pretty bad in the first round of their first fight, I am not sure I have ever seen him lose the first round of a fight.

Time will tell, that is why they actually fight.[/quote]

[quote]StevenF wrote:
How big is Tim Sylvia? [/quote]

6’10 I think

[quote]TheG wrote:

6’10 I think[/quote]

6’8.

But I’m pretty sure it was a hypothetical to the randy has problems with big guys post.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
StevenF wrote:
How big is Tim Sylvia?

Seriously, Randy manhandled the biggest guy in the UFC and beat the crap out of him at his own game.[/quote]

Tim Sylvia has about as much to do with Brock Lesnar as pineapples. Randy’s match ups against Ricco Rodriguez and Barnett (big and STRONG grapplers) seem more like a precursor to this match to me.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Which Silva are you talking about? And against whom?

[/quote]

Anderson Silva, and pretty much anybody but I think he is fighting Patrick C next.

GSP would kick BJ penn’s ass. and i believe the fight between lesnar and randy will be sweet. however couture has so much more experience and is an amazing fighter. i think he will come out on top. Leben is a nut case haha remember when he punched the door in the first season and cut his hand all up? haha anyway i hope he beats bisping because that guy is way to cocky and needs to get put in his place

[quote]N. Robinson wrote:
GSP would kick BJ penn’s ass.[/quote]

Their first fight was pretty close. I’ve got my money on BJ this time out.

I think Forrest is going to get clowned by Evans.

The winner of Brock/Randy gets wrecked by Nog, who will throw the UFC belt in the trash, headbutt Dana White, and then go to DREAM. :smiley: