UFC Primetime: St. Pierre vs. Penn Episode 1 Video - UFC 94

[quote]Fiction wrote:
GumsMagoo wrote:
Raise your hand if you know who’s strength and conditioning program is better:

You sound like you’re trying to convince someone…

WINNING BY TKO IN THE THIRD ROUND…AND THE NEW SIMULTANEOUS LIGHTWEIGHT AN WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD…BJ PENNNNNNNNNNN!!![/quote]

Ha, ha! GSP is gonna beat down BJ like the penguin in your avatar!

WAR GSP!!!

[quote]lesgirrior wrote:
Penn stands about as much chance as an X-Wing vs an Imperial Star Destroyer.[/quote]

holy fucking nerd-gasm… what class star destroyer?

GSP is more like a corellian cruiser imo.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
…trust me… he’ll go for the leg drop.[/quote]

I had to Google “leg drop”

BJ has a VERY good chance of winning. He has heavier hands, a monster chin, and one of the best ground games in the sport. When he is not fatigued he has arguably the best takedown defense in the sport.

Do I think his conditioning will be at a level that he can hang with GSP for 5 rounds? Nope, but I don’t know if GSP can avoid being stopped by BJ. If someone finishes the fight I think it will be BJ. If it goes to decision I think GSP will win. I’m still not sure who I’m picking.

jesus apparently… i need to get laid asap lol

BJ isn’t being told to talk shit though. that’s just how he is. hell that’s how the majority of hawaiian dudes i’ve met are… just very aggressive balls to the wall type.

BJ has a shitload of ways that he can win. If I recall correctly I can’t think of a time where he’s even been “rocked”. So his chin isn’t much to be tested… especially fighting a natural 205’er (ANY 205’er) in lyoto machida and not getting rocked…

only way i see GSP winning is by decision. Even freak KO seems unlikely to me. Hopefully he can win by a VERY obvious “ya he beat bj’s fucking ASS” type decision.

Hell if there’s a God in heaven he’ll sub BJ

ya i know, i know, put down the ganj

And im going to eat a bucket in celebration, and talk endless shit to bj haters

Even if GSP loses (which he won’t) I’ll still be swinging from his nut sack.

[quote]GumsMagoo wrote:
Even if GSP loses (which he won’t) I’ll still be swinging from his nut sack.[/quote]

Sounds like doubt is creeping in…

[quote]lesgirrior wrote:
If GSP loses this fight I’m gonna cry myself to sleep after eating a bucket of ice cream.[/quote]

Better start stocking up on tissues and Haagen Daas.

^^^^^^^^^ vs. winner of GSP/BJ.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
^^^^^^^^^ vs. winner of GSP/BJ.[/quote]

If he makes weight.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
GumsMagoo wrote:
Even if GSP loses (which he won’t) I’ll still be swinging from his nut sack.

Sounds like doubt is creeping in…

lesgirrior wrote:
If GSP loses this fight I’m gonna cry myself to sleep after eating a bucket of ice cream.

Better start stocking up on tissues and Haagen Daas.[/quote]

The only doubt I have is whether GSP TKO’s BJ in the third or forth round…

[quote]lesgirrior wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

BJ has a shitload of ways that he can win.

If by win you mean lose, then yes!

Dude superman punches. Who else throws those? I’ve even seen GSP throw high back kicks (like chin height), nobody else in the UFC is baller enough to pull shit like that. If GSP loses this fight I’m gonna cry myself to sleep after eating a bucket of ice cream.[/quote]

Seriously though who throws a JAB superman punch, straight right superman punch into a right low kick… IN ONE MOTION.

the man is ridiculous.

Roger Huerta

hahahahahah

[quote]lesgirrior wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

BJ has a shitload of ways that he can win.

If by win you mean lose, then yes!

Dude superman punches. Who else throws those? I’ve even seen GSP throw high back kicks (like chin height), nobody else in the UFC is baller enough to pull shit like that. If GSP loses this fight I’m gonna cry myself to sleep after eating a bucket of ice cream.[/quote]

I like GSP a whole lot, but none of that fancy shit ever seems to do a whole lot in a fight. Seriously, BJ’s standup is pretty much all boxing, virtually no kicking, and he made GSP’s face look like ground beef after their first fight. St Pierre’s hands have improved a bunch and If his boxing trumps BJ’s this time out I think he will win. That’s a big if however, because BJ’s hands are heavier. Georges is fast though, very fast.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

BJ isn’t being told to talk shit though. that’s just how he is. hell that’s how the majority of hawaiian dudes i’ve met are… just very aggressive balls to the wall type.

BJ has a shitload of ways that he can win. If I recall correctly I can’t think of a time where he’s even been “rocked”. So his chin isn’t much to be tested… especially fighting a natural 205’er (ANY 205’er) in lyoto machida and not getting rocked…

only way i see GSP winning is by decision. Even freak KO seems unlikely to me. Hopefully he can win by a VERY obvious “ya he beat bj’s fucking ASS” type decision.

[/quote]

I also recall the last fight they had, I think the only reason he lost is because he was arrogant and wanted to stand with him, I can remember 2 rubber guard events he could have finished with submission if he wasn’t so damn pigheaded, cocky and arrogant.

BJ will win.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

I also recall the last fight they had, I think the only reason he lost is because he was arrogant and wanted to stand with him, I can remember 2 rubber guard events he could have finished with submission if he wasn’t so damn pigheaded, cocky and arrogant.

BJ will win.[/quote]

The only way BJ will win is if he does what he did last time in the first round to GSP… EYE POKE!

GSP will TKO fat-ass Penn by the 4th round. Bj Penn can’t stop his take downs. Georges determines where this fight will take place. If Georges is not getting the better of the stand up, he will take him down at will, and ground and pound BJ’s burrito-eating ass till he he wears BJ out!

[quote]Xphobicas wrote:
GSP will TKO fat-ass Penn by the 4th round. Bj Penn can’t stop his take downs. Georges determines where this fight will take place. If Georges is not getting the better of the stand up, he will take him down at will, and ground and pound BJ’s burrito-eating ass till he he wears BJ out![/quote]

Exactly! I don’t care how good BJ’s cardio has become. Getting ground and pound by someone 10-15 lbs heavier (all muscle) than you for 2-3 rounds will wear anyone out.

[quote]GumsMagoo wrote:
Xphobicas wrote:
GSP will TKO fat-ass Penn by the 4th round. Bj Penn can’t stop his take downs. Georges determines where this fight will take place. If Georges is not getting the better of the stand up, he will take him down at will, and ground and pound BJ’s burrito-eating ass till he he wears BJ out!

Exactly! I don’t care how good BJ’s cardio has become. Getting ground and pound by someone 10-15 lbs heavier (all muscle) than you for 2-3 rounds will wear anyone out.[/quote]

The thing is, that even if BJ has significantly improved his cardio, do people really think that GSP has just been resting on his laurels and not continuing to improve his?

Penn can win this fight. He has all the technical abilities to do so, along with crazy dexterity/flexibility and a rock solid chin.

The thing is, that GSP won their first fight, and has greatly improved since that point.

He soundly beat Hughes in their second fight (after Hughes had beaten Penn in their second fight), and made him look like a chump in their third fight. He’s been through a 5 round war with Fitch, outwrestled 3x Div. 1 wrestling champ Kos, and though he lost to Serra in their first fight via a KO, he made Serra look like a chump in their second meeting.

Penn hasn’t faced nearly the same level of competition since their last fight and has yet to show that he is willing (or able) to get his conditioning to a very high level, especially at 170.