UFC Picks

I have a link on youtube. It doesn’t come up in the search function for some reason. I’m not sure if I can post a link, though. So…perhaps I can PM those interested without breaking any rules. If that’s not violating any T-Nation terms, then feel free to PM me and I’ll give you the link.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
A good wrestler should be able to beat him on the ground, though.[/quote]

Time to get the UFC belt back in American hands … paging Matt Lindland!

[quote]taylorsj wrote:
I have a link on youtube. It doesn’t come up in the search function for some reason. I’m not sure if I can post a link, though. So…perhaps I can PM those interested without breaking any rules. If that’s not violating any T-Nation terms, then feel free to PM me and I’ll give you the link.[/quote]

Hey bro,

Please PM me the link.

Thanks!

Are there any fights where I could check out Silva’s takedown defense? I’m wondering if it would be possible for Matt Hughes to take down Silva before getting clocked, assuming Hughes would even come up to 185.

[quote]taylorsj wrote:
I have a link on youtube. It doesn’t come up in the search function for some reason. I’m not sure if I can post a link, though. So…perhaps I can PM those interested without breaking any rules. If that’s not violating any T-Nation terms, then feel free to PM me and I’ll give you the link.[/quote]

There are lots of links to many youtube videos on this site.

I don’t see how it’s violating any rules.

If you don’t feel confortable to post the link, could I get a PM with it?

Ouch!

http://forums.mmaweekly.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9403&posts=3&start=1

Here’s the link to the fight.

Anyone got a link to the Sherk/Florian fight vid?

taylors j…thanks for the link.

I swear it was the body shots (knees) that sealed Franlins fate. You saw them take there toll, and he got into an akward position trying to protect his midsection…and the BANG!..knee to the face.

Body shots did it.

I checked T-Nation’s acceptable use policy, and apparently “submitting” copyrighted material that’s not mine or T-Nation’s is a violation. I’m not sure if that constitutes PMs too or what.

Anyway, for those of you looking for Sherk vs. Florian, you probably won’t find it on youtube because it’s a long fight. Put a little effort into google and you’ll probably find it.

thanks Reef, I really appreciate the link, u da man!

[quote]Reef wrote:
Here’s the link to the fight.

[quote]Dave.P wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
A good wrestler should be able to beat him on the ground, though.

Time to get the UFC belt back in American hands … paging Matt Lindland!
[/quote]

Amen to that. Lindland is fucking awesome, and he just keeps getting better. Maybe Hendo even might wind up in UFC. Misaki, Kang and the likes are looking pretty much to dominate Pride’s 185, so maybe Dan will come fight in the states before he gets too over the hill.

here is the whole fight plus the post fight interview. 9 min total

Rich looked like an amateur in the clinch. Franklin was not just caught by knees, he got caught in a basic clinch and could do nothing.
The UFC has no decent stand-up fighters except Silva and Liddell.

Maybe some of the American UFC fighters should go to Holland and train stand-up at Vos, Mejiro or Golden Glory.
It seems their stand-up just is not very good and not getting better.

After having reading some of the comments here and on Sherdog, I now truly understand where the statement “you’re only as good as your last fight” comes from.

I blame it on Franklin having to suck weight!

Okay, maybe not, but didn’t he have to lose about 20lbs to make weight?

He didn’t look like himself out there, even when Silva first put him in the clinch.

The knees to the body absolutely drained him though.

[quote]taylorsj wrote:
After having reading some of the comments here and on Sherdog, I now truly understand where the statement “you’re only as good as your last fight” comes from.[/quote]

The large majority of comments on Sherdog are ridiculous. Most are by kids with no training and fight experience. Everybody is an expert of course.
Most of the American sites had ranked Rich Franklin the #1 Middleweight in the world.
I have stated before that I never understood why people thought Franklin had great stand-up. He did not and does not. He was the UFC champ and I assumed that he was a very good wrestler from the comments by others with grappling experience.

I cannot really tell the difference between a good wrestler and a great wrestler.
I think there was a bias by the American media towards Rich Franklin. I personally gave Franklin the benefit of the doubt because I was swayed by the rankings and by how such a large majority of Americans thought he was the best middleweight in the world.

NOt everybody thought he was the best middleweight and not everybody thinks that the UFC middleweight division is the best in the world.

Dan Henderson gets beat by Misaki and Dan gets dragged down the rankings and MIsaki gets no credit.

Silva beats Franklin and now Silva is the best middleweight in the world. Even though Silva had moderate success in Pride. It is not like SIlva all of a sudden became a great fighter. It looks like the same Silva. Maybe some of the American media should reconsider if the UFC is on the same level as Pride. Not to say there are not good fighters and good fights in the UFC but maybe the level IS slightly different and that should be taken into consideration when sizing up the fighters.

[quote]taylorsj wrote:
After having reading some of the comments here and on Sherdog, I now truly understand where the statement “you’re only as good as your last fight” comes from.[/quote]

too true, too true, you’d think Franklin went from best 185 pounder ever to complete scrub

[quote]otoko wrote:
taylorsj wrote:
After having reading some of the comments here and on Sherdog, I now truly understand where the statement “you’re only as good as your last fight” comes from. [/quote]

He was dominated start to finish. I have enjoyed Franklin’s fights in the past, but he hasn’t faced a laundry list of top guys in his career. A real good example of people shitting on a good fighter for a bad performance is Babalu. He got taken out quickly by one of the top LHW’s in the world and suddenly he is a sub-par fighter.

This is the guy that beat Prangley, Horn and Shogun in one night. It is easier to be less impressed by a guy after a bad performance who has previously fought the competition Rich has. This is not to say he is no longer a good fighter, but a lot of people wondered how he would do against a more skilled fighter than he had faced, and the result wasn’t pretty.