T Nation

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1110084733727.ufc52.jpg

Randy Couture VS Chuck Liddell
SATURDAY APRIL 16

WHO WILL WIN ???

Captain America all the way…

liddell.

Couture by boring GnP. Snore zzzzz

No question, Randy is going to win. If any questions see the last fight. I will say thay Liddel better work on his sprawl and striking better off the sprawl or this fight won’t last as long as the first.

couture, no contest

If the first fight was close, I would have to look more closely at how each of them has been training etc. However, that was not the case. It was a slaughter the first time around. Therefore, I will pick Randy to win again. This time I think it will by a bit closer.

Liddell

why do you guys disregard liddell??? Just curious.

I think one of the main reasons this is beign hyped up is because of the show on spike. If anyone hasn’t seen it, it’s actually fairly interesting, although I’d like to see some more examples of actual training. last time I saw it, Randy’s team was doing rather poorly, any change in the situation?

They could BOTH kick my ass- and I handle myself well. The first one to make a mistake will lose.
I wouldn’t cast ANY bets against either of them. I can’t wait to see it!

[quote]drew6 wrote:
I think one of the main reasons this is beign hyped up is because of the show on spike.[/quote]

Absolutely. I’m still undecided if I will order it. Ahh… Who am I kidding? Of course I’ll order it. Anyhow, give me Randy vs. Wanderlei. I’d gladly drop $100 for that PPV.

~Terumo

[quote]StevenF wrote:
why do you guys disregard liddell??? Just curious. [/quote]

I am not “disregarding Lidell.” It’s just that Randy fought him once and beat him pretty handily (and at his own game when he wanted). Therefore, I don’t see Lidell actually winning the rematch. He will do better.

I have quite a lot of respect for Lidell’s abilities. I think he is easily the second best LH in the UFC, no small feat!

Couture.

As soon as it goes past the third round Couture will dominate. Chuck is a great fighter but his conditioning is not up to Couture’s standard.

Chuck has great KO power but Randy is too clever these days. His only TKO losses have come due to ground and pound from bigger and stronger guys in the heavyweight divsion. He has never been straight knocked out and is the physically stronger man in this fight.

[quote]Terumo wrote:
Absolutely. I’m still undecided if I will order it. Ahh… Who am I kidding? Of course I’ll order it. Anyhow, give me Randy vs. Wanderlei. I’d gladly drop $100 for that PPV.

~Terumo[/quote]

Randy should enter the Pride Middleweight GP. WOW that would be one hell of a show.

la’
Redsol1

Couture. He is too good at 205. Arguably the most dominate LHW on the planet. His lost against Vitor was a complete fluke and he proved it in the rematch.

Couture dominated the standup game in his last match with Chuck and he’s been just as invincible since then, so you really can’t bet against him.

Oh, The Ultimate Fighter is the best reality show on TV. Unlike the Contender they show the whole matches.

[quote]aaronm wrote:
Couture. He is too good at 205. Arguably the most dominate LHW on the planet. His lost against Vitor was a complete fluke and he proved it in the rematch.

Couture dominated the standup game in his last match with Chuck and he’s been just as invincible since then, so you really can’t bet against him.

Oh, The Ultimate Fighter is the best reality show on TV. Unlike the Contender they show the whole matches. [/quote]

He beat Belfort two out of three times. His loss to Belfort in fight #2 was a fluke, just as you say. It was over in under 20 seconds of the first round with an odd cut on the eyelid.

You can’t count Liddell out of any fight because of his knockout power, but Randy is obviously the dominate fighter and really, Chuck’s only chance would be to land the big blow early, before he’s been worn down.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

He beat Belfort two out of three times. His loss to Belfort in fight #2 was a fluke, just as you say. It was over in under 20 seconds of the first round with an odd cut on the eyelid.
[/quote]

I rented Supernatural 46, I couldn’t fucking believe that. You can get the belt by gouging someone in the eye? Isn’t it kind of contradictory to say eye gouging is against the rules but then give someone the belt for doing it? I realise it was accidental but that still doesn’t solve the problem.

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Terumo wrote:
Absolutely. I’m still undecided if I will order it. Ahh… Who am I kidding? Of course I’ll order it. Anyhow, give me Randy vs. Wanderlei. I’d gladly drop $100 for that PPV.

~Terumo

Randy should enter the Pride Middleweight GP. WOW that would be one hell of a show.

la’
Redsol1

[/quote]

Many folks wonder, including myself, how much of Randy’s game would be changed if he left the cage for the ring. He relies on putting his opponents up against the cage for his GnP. He would have a much tougher time doing the same in the Pride ring. I give Randy huge credit for what he has done, but Silva is a madman.

The undercard for this night is tremendous. Hughes vs Trigg should be a war, plus the fight not many are talking about at 185 with Riggs and Slaverry. Salaverry practically paralyzed the last guy he fought with a body triangle across the lower back. Nasty stuff.

As for Randy - Chuck, I agree with what others have said. Chuck has KO power, but if this goes past the second round it’s all Randy. Check out CroCop’s victory in the last Pride two weeks ago against Coleman to see how a kickboxer can develop an effective sprawl game to counter the wrestler just enough to keep the fight on the feet.