UFC Finale

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
MrRezister wrote:
I actually lost quite a bit of respect for Penn over the course of the show and the last fight. I am sure Penn is crushed.

I’ve refused to visit his website because he acted like such a jerk.

What a big meanie!

Dude, you sound like a total wanker. Are you one of those people who watches the Oscars and cries when your favorite actor wins an award. “I feel such a connection with Jake Gyllenhaal. It’s like we are long-lost brothers or something.”

I really wish your ilk would stick to pro wrestling. There are enough uneducated douche bag MMA “fans.” If you care about personalities, stick to movies and pro wrestling.[/quote]

I completely agree.

Penn is phenominal and the only reason pulver made it to the second round is because penn let him. He went in there to show up pulver and his team. He mocked hughes with his double leg slams and then put pulver in submissions and let him out to beat on him some more.

Like tons of other BJ ‘nuthuggers’, I am incredibly excited about seeing a motivated, well conditioned BJ now. he should clean up 155 and then go to 170 for some revenge. at 155 I dont see sherk beating him, and Im a bit surpised that franca is the current #1 contender also.

ive never been impressed with any of his fights he has quasi heavy hands but dosent throw a crisp punch at all, and just isnt really an exciting fighter. dont have to be a rocket scientist to see a motivated bj running shit real soon.

Remember that TUF is a heavily edited show that uses footage from many, many weeks of bored guys in a house with nothing to do. Of course Penn had a few upset moments, enough to be portrayed as an “asshole” by the producers. He locked himself into that role due to his hand raising stunt in the very beginning.

You can also tell that the “rivalry” was very manufactured, unlike the Shamrock/Ortiz one. The whole show is entertainment and shouldn’t be taken very seriously. Penn is a nice guy in reality and Pulver is also great, a natural featherweight who has fought some of the best lightweights.

Hell, Pulver walks around at 152 or so, while “lightweight” monsters like Sherk weigh north of 170 by the time they rehydrate a day after the weigh ins. Pulver is extremely skilled for his size, and did very well against Penn, considering.

That said, I don’t think either fighter really trained his team that well. Many of the best fighters on TUF are already very established.

Dude, you sound like a total wanker. Are you one of those people who watches the Oscars and cries when your favorite actor wins an award. “I feel such a connection with Jake Gyllenhaal. It’s like we are long-lost brothers or something.”

I really wish your ilk would stick to pro wrestling. There are enough uneducated douche bag MMA “fans.” If you care about personalities, stick to movies and pro wrestling.[/quote]

Wow, all those insults just because I refused to hug BJ’s nuts hard enough? Get attached much? If the UFC didn’t want to showcase personalities, then we wouldn’t be seeing any pre/post fight interviews, and the whole TUF show would be straight training and fights, period.

You’ll notice that at no point did I question Penn’s superiority in the ring. He’s obviously a great fighter. I just don’t care to encourage assholes by visiting their websites, that’s all. If that really pisses you off that bad, maybe you’re the one who “feels a connection” with your TV hero, BJ Penn. So congrats on picking a winner to fall in love with.

please tell me Penn’s going back to 170…hahaha i mean i ain’t gonan count Sherk out but i’d rather see hi msmash his way through the 155 division than seee BJ come in and most likely take the belt…although it wouldn’t be done with ease

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
Wow, all those insults just because I refused to hug BJ’s nuts hard enough?[/quote]

Nut hugger? Why? I simply said that if you care about personalities, stick to Hollywood.

I watch fights. All I care about are the fights. What fighters say or do before or after means nothing to mean. The skill displayed inside the ring or octagon is all I care about.

I have found that the people who care about “personalities” are pro wrestling fans. Pro wresting fans, while good for fighter payroll, are bad for me: Because I have to listen to a bunch of dweebs state their “opinions” on fighting.

Also, I have to listen to you guys act like fools when I attend a live fight. It ruins the experience for me; and in fact, because of people like you, I no longer attend pro fights.

Good lord.

When did this place devolve into the Sherdog forum?

BJ is a great fighter
Jens is a great fighter

Leave all the prattling on about ‘nuthugging’ to the prepubescent crowd over at Sherdog.

I won ten bucks on Penn. I would of bet more but thats all my buddy would do. In shape BJ is amazing. I just got his book “Mixed Martial Arts.” If he keeps this up I really think he’ll get the belt.

Also, I have to listen to you guys act like fools when I attend a live fight. It ruins the experience for me; and in fact, because of people like you, I no longer attend pro fights.[/quote]

One of the reasons the UFC is getting so big is rivalry like Tito and Ken. The more the UFC throws in the WWE style the more viewers it gets. I am always hearing MMA fans complaining about why the sport isn’t big and then when it draws in a new crowd they complain (I am not saying you are the first part of that sentence).

I just laugh at the MMA fans who cry because some guy is just having a good time, but has no idea what he is talking about. That guy does not care if he doesn’t know anything, so neither should you. I think to most people the UFC is entertainment.

There are people like that in a lot of things. Some people claim to know cars, but really don’t know anything. Same thing with lifters, read the posts nearly eveyone on here is an “expert”. Deal with it.

For the record, I don’t watch WWE. I really only watch TUF and have only purchased one event which was a let down (Tito and Ken).

[quote]Kreal7 wrote:
One of the reasons the UFC is getting so big is rivalry like Tito and Ken. The more the UFC throws in the WWE style the more viewers it gets. I am always hearing MMA fans complaining about why the sport isn’t big and then when it draws in a new crowd they complain (I am not saying you are the first part of that sentence).

I just laugh at the MMA fans who cry because some guy is just having a good time, but has no idea what he is talking about. [/quote]

Let me be more clear. Drunken foolish pro-wrestling converts yell idiotic comments during fights, boo when someone wins by tap out, and spill their beers all over, stinking up the venue. These people (you people?) make it hard to enjoy a fight. If you guys would just shut up and watch the fight, you wouldn’t bother me or anyone else. But you are uncivilized savages. You lack the attention span to sit still and pay attention for a whopping five minutes straight.

I don’t go to the trailer park for a reason. I am tired of the trailer park invading mixed martial arts events.

So keep sitting around in your sweat-stained white tank tops and burping up your Natural Light, beating your wives, and kicking your dogs. I won’t judge. Just stop attending live events.

CaliLaw,

I hate to say it to you man, but reading your posts is just painful. They are filled to the brim with pretentious bullshit.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
CaliLaw,

I hate to say it to you man, but reading your posts is just painful. They are filled to the brim with pretentious bullshit.[/quote]

Agreed

I don’t go to the trailer park for a reason. I am tired of the trailer park invading mixed martial arts events.

So keep sitting around in your sweat-stained white tank tops and burping up your Natural Light, beating your wives, and kicking your dogs. I won’t judge. Just stop attending live events.[/quote]

Woah, elitist much?
I’m amazed you got all that just from me suggesting that I’d rather not contribute to BJ Penn’s sizable bank account by visiting his website after he refused to give the fans (you know, those loud, drunken, smelly, obnoxious people who are paying his bills) 30 seconds worth of his precious time after he put on an awesome match. Sorry.

In the future, I will limit myself to worshipping at the oh-so-skillful feet of my gods, and I will obey their every command, rather than attempting to use my feeble judgement about who I might “like” or “dislike”.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

So keep sitting around in your sweat-stained white tank tops and burping up your Natural Light, beating your wives, and kicking your dogs. I won’t judge. Just stop attending live events.

Woah, elitist much?
I’m amazed you got all that just from me suggesting that I’d rather not contribute to BJ Penn’s sizable bank account by visiting his website after he refused to give the fans (you know, those loud, drunken, smelly, obnoxious people who are paying his bills) 30 seconds worth of his precious time after he put on an awesome match. Sorry.

In the future, I will limit myself to worshipping at the oh-so-skillful feet of my gods, and I will obey their every command, rather than attempting to use my feeble judgement about who I might “like” or “dislike”.[/quote]

Well, assuming that California Law is a cop over there then you should have already known that that is what was expected of you in the first place. Cops over there enforce the most tyrannical laws in the union.

mike

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Woah, elitist much?

In the future, I will limit myself to worshipping at the oh-so-skillful feet of my gods, and I will obey their every command, rather than attempting to use my feeble judgement about who I might “like” or “dislike”.[/quote]

If you were able to swallow your disdain for Penn’s disregard for his fans and actually visited his site, you’d see that he has put together hours of training footage(including some full mma bouts in his locally produced show) for free. You are not affecting his profit margin in any way by avoiding his site, but you are avoiding some good training knowledge.

MrRezister wrote:
I actually lost quite a bit of respect for Penn over the course of the show and the last fight. I am sure Penn is crushed.

I’ve refused to visit his website because he acted like such a jerk.

What a big meanie!

what is the deal with people tossing around a “loss of respect” on this site?

who really gives a flying fuck?

especially an accomplished fighter who isn’t even here to read it.

Kreal7 wrote:

I just laugh at the MMA fans who cry because some guy is just having a good time, but has no idea what he is talking about.

Let me be more clear. Drunken foolish pro-wrestling converts yell idiotic comments during fights, boo when someone wins by tap out, and spill their beers all over, stinking up the venue. These people (you people?) make it hard to enjoy a fight. If you guys would just shut up and watch the fight, you wouldn’t bother me or anyone else. But you are uncivilized savages. You lack the attention span to sit still and pay attention for a whopping five minutes straight.

So keep sitting around in your sweat-stained white tank tops and burping up your Natural Light, beating your wives, and kicking your dogs. I won’t judge. Just stop attending live events.[/quote]

the mullets are pretty horrendous too.

[quote]ReklaW wrote:
I thought it was a great show overall. The no contest fight was crazy, he was out for sure, you could see his arm was limp even when he was on top. I don’t beleive however that the ref knew that, what is the rule, can the judges call no contest? Cause the ref never looked at him.

Why is it when 2 guys hate each other they are best friends after a fight? It is so true even in street fights. Seems to me it might be a natural thing. Maybe we are wired to work it out that way.

[/quote]
a new sense of mutual respect evolves that did not exist prior to the fight.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I actually lost quite a bit of respect for Penn over the course of the show and the last fight. All the way through he came across as a real asshole out for revenge, while Pulver seemed like a genuinely cool dude who got lucky but was outclassed.

Penn held his choke on twice as long as necessary, and then stormed out of the ring after directing everyone to his website, which seemed like a couple of real dick moves. I’ve refused to visit his website because he acted like such a jerk.

I want to see more of Gamburyan, but if that shoulder keeps popping out like that he won’t be much of a competitor.[/quote]

pulver has historically been an asshole and penn hass historically been the nice guy.

pulver was playing for the cameras and penn was out to fight.