UFC Finale

Jens and BJ are about to fight so lets hope for something sweet. But WTF is up with Maynard v. Emerson? I’ve never seen anything like that.

Diaz vs. Manvel sucked too.

And Andy Wang sucks. But we knew that when he started crying about some shit earlier in the show.

It really looks like that Cole kid has potential and he might have gone further if he took the DQ against Lauzon.

Wow, Penn is a frickin animal. That was a good one.

What’s on the website!!? I can’t see it!!! And I don’t think it’s “squashed” because he was trying to put him to sleep.

[quote]fallout188 wrote:
What’s on the website!!? I can’t see it!!! And I don’t think it’s “squashed” because he was trying to put him to sleep.[/quote]

No shit! He really didn’t seem like he wanted to let him go! He gave it an extra 2 or 3 seconds at least.

-Pulver looked way in over his head.

-Breaking News: Andy Wang STILL sucks!

-Lauzon and Cole both were impressive

-Too bad about TUF final; Manny easily won the first round

-Tough break for Maynard. Anyone else feel like puking when they saw the replay of the punch to Emerson’s ribs?

-There were some nice groupies near the octogon

BJ is a monster, Pulver will be fun to watch at 145 in WEC!

The Maynard vs Emerson fight was bs

I guess Hughes vs Newton should have been a no contest as well.

I thought it was a great show overall. The no contest fight was crazy, he was out for sure, you could see his arm was limp even when he was on top. I don’t beleive however that the ref knew that, what is the rule, can the judges call no contest? Cause the ref never looked at him.

Why is it when 2 guys hate each other they are best friends after a fight? It is so true even in street fights. Seems to me it might be a natural thing. Maybe we are wired to work it out that way.

[quote]Reef wrote:
-Pulver looked way in over his head.

-Breaking News: Andy Wang STILL sucks!

-Lauzon and Cole both were impressive

-Too bad about TUF final; Manny easily won the first round

-Tough break for Maynard. Anyone else feel like puking when they saw the replay of the punch to Emerson’s ribs?

-There were some nice groupies near the octogon
[/quote]

Hell yes, that brunette chick in the middle was awesome.

Oh yeah, and Maynard wasn’t out, he was just dazed. Been there. But you can tell that when he rolls on his back his left arm isn’t limp like it would be if he were KO’d. Either way, lesson learned: if in a streetfight, don’t slam someone on the ground like that.

mike

[quote]ReklaW wrote:
I thought it was a great show overall. The no contest fight was crazy, he was out for sure, you could see his arm was limp even when he was on top. I don’t beleive however that the ref knew that, what is the rule, can the judges call no contest? Cause the ref never looked at him.

Why is it when 2 guys hate each other they are best friends after a fight? It is so true even in street fights. Seems to me it might be a natural thing. Maybe we are wired to work it out that way.

[/quote]

fighting creates a bond because you put everything you have into it. especially if there’s a history and a buildup of animosity, you end up dealing with the fact that the two of you are the only people on earth who understand what you’ve just been through and you need to respect the other guy to define yourself and your own achievement.

or maybe it’s just that the endorphins released post-fight are so similar to those released post-sex.

[quote]swivel wrote:

or maybe it’s just that the endorphins released post-fight are so similar to those released post-sex.

[/quote]

O_o that puts a whole new twist on it…

www.matbattle.com

:wink:

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Oh yeah, and Maynard wasn’t out, he was just dazed. [/quote]

LOL. This is proof that people will truly debate ANYTHING on the Internet.

I love the internet.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

Oh yeah, and Maynard wasn’t out, he was just dazed. Been there. But you can tell that when he rolls on his back his left arm isn’t limp like it would be if he were KO’d. Either way, lesson learned: if in a streetfight, don’t slam someone on the ground like that.

It depends…I’ve seen people get KTFO and their arms go stiff as a board…he was out when his head pile-drived on the takedown.

I actually lost quite a bit of respect for Penn over the course of the show and the last fight. All the way through he came across as a real asshole out for revenge, while Pulver seemed like a genuinely cool dude who got lucky but was outclassed.

Penn held his choke on twice as long as necessary, and then stormed out of the ring after directing everyone to his website, which seemed like a couple of real dick moves. I’ve refused to visit his website because he acted like such a jerk.

I want to see more of Gamburyan, but if that shoulder keeps popping out like that he won’t be much of a competitor.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I’ve refused to visit his website because he acted like such a jerk.[/quote]

Don’t worry, the server crashed 3 seconds after he said it and the site hasn’t been back up yet. BJ is freaky talented and a joy to watch fight, but he is a weird dude.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I actually lost quite a bit of respect for Penn over the course of the show and the last fight. All the way through he came across as a real asshole out for revenge, while Pulver seemed like a genuinely cool dude who got lucky but was outclassed.

Penn held his choke on twice as long as necessary, and then stormed out of the ring after directing everyone to his website, which seemed like a couple of real dick moves. I’ve refused to visit his website because he acted like such a jerk.

I want to see more of Gamburyan, but if that shoulder keeps popping out like that he won’t be much of a competitor.[/quote]

boohoo, way to lead the boycott

[quote]slimjim wrote:
MrRezister wrote:

I want to see more of Gamburyan, but if that shoulder keeps popping out like that he won’t be much of a competitor.

boohoo, way to lead the boycott[/quote]

I am boycotting the hideous shirt he wore.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I actually lost quite a bit of respect for Penn over the course of the show and the last fight. [/quote] I am sure Penn is crushed.

What a big meanie!

Dude, you sound like a total wanker. Are you one of those people who watches the Oscars and cries when your favorite actor wins an award. “I feel such a connection with Jake Gyllenhaal. It’s like we are long-lost brothers or something.”

I really wish your ilk would stick to pro wrestling. There are enough uneducated douche bag MMA “fans.” If you care about personalities, stick to movies and pro wrestling.