T Nation

UFC Fight Night Predictions?

UFC fight night is tonight. I’d like to see Houston Alexander over Eric Shafer, but Alexander has had some bad luck in my opinion. I think Diaz will beat Neer. Danzig should submit Guida unless Guida beats him up while Danzig goes for a submission. I don’t know the guy that Herman is fighting or too much about any of the other fighters.

[quote]nl5kb wrote:
UFC fight night is tonight. I’d like to see Houston Alexander over Eric Shafer, but Alexander has had some bad luck in my opinion. I think Diaz will beat Neer. Danzig should submit Guida unless Guida beats him up while Danzig goes for a submission. I don’t know the guy that Herman is fighting or too much about any of the other fighters.[/quote]

I was wondering why no one had this up yet.
Here’s my picks for a nice freebie card on the UFC once again. Just the guys I’m familiar with for picks also.

Nate Diaz gets his ass kicked finally by Josh Neer.
Clay kicks Mac’s ass handily.
Belcher over Herman.
Houston gets back on the winning streak over Eric Shafer.
Sakara over Vedepo.
Gouveia takes out Jensen.
Joe Lauzon loses again to Kyle Bradley this time.
McFedries over Massenzio.

The other two fights I have no idea about so won’t comment on those.

Should be a frickin sweet night of free fighting.

Who’s next?

ToneBone

Son of a bitch I forgot to record it! Thank god for remote Tivo scheduling. Go Tivo go!

fuck you!

go 209 and go Baby Joe!

I’d really like to see Houston Alexander be taught some rudimentary ground skills rather than acting than acting like he’s not sure what a guard or shrimp is.

kthxbi

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I’d really like to see Houston Alexander be taught some rudimentary ground skills rather than acting than acting like he’s not sure what a guard or shrimp is.

kthxbi[/quote]

For real…he might as well spread his butt cheeks for ground defense.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Fiction wrote:

kthxbi

For real…he might as well spread his butt cheeks for ground defense.[/quote]

Lmao!

Well I got a few right last night, I wanted Shafer to win but thought Alexander was ready this time. Ha, that was a crock. Fucking impressed with Nate big time. Too bad they don’t put more of the actual fights on and can all the typical spike bs commercials, but that’s wishful thinking I know, lol. They gotta make their money, wait, they already have a shitload of cash, so scratch that excuse!

Probably happiest about Clay getting a nice win and wiping that stupid smirk off of Macs face. That was good fun to watch Mac try to blow off Clays aggressiveness only to see him get worn down and frustrated later, lol.
Glad Belcher got a win too.

Anyway, good night of free fights I thought.

Seriously, has Alexander had even one jiu jitsu class? he won’t become a world class submission artist overnight, but what exactly did he work on in the ten months since Silva showed the world his poor ground game?

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Seriously, has Alexander had even one jiu jitsu class? he won’t become a world class submission artist overnight, but what exactly did he work on in the ten months since Silva showed the world his poor ground game? [/quote]

He worked at a Mick Doyle’s Academy, which is about 30 minutes from my house. Mick is a former world champion from Ireland and did some MMA under Renzo Gracie back in the old days. The man is a machine.

Unfortunately it seems like all he’s been doing is working with this world class striker on STRIKING which was never his problem, and he seems to be working the wrong conditioning.

I have never heard him talk about doing ground work, which is a shame, because we have some really solid wrestling programs here, and Rodrigo Vaghi teaches out of Omaha. He wouldn’t have to do far for some good ground work.

But he kept saying “nothing has changed”.

I think something ought to have changed.

Training with Mick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4Zq7gcFQA&feature=related

Doing conditioning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFD4MiOi_A&feature=related

Just want to point out that my guys won…

:slight_smile:

Does anyone else feel that Houston could have real potential if he trained with a sick camp, like Xtreme Couture or Greg Jackson?

[quote]Fiction wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Seriously, has Alexander had even one jiu jitsu class? he won’t become a world class submission artist overnight, but what exactly did he work on in the ten months since Silva showed the world his poor ground game?

He worked at a Mick Doyle’s Academy, which is about 30 minutes from my house. Mick is a former world champion from Ireland and did some MMA under Renzo Gracie back in the old days. The man is a machine.

Unfortunately it seems like all he’s been doing is working with this world class striker on STRIKING which was never his problem, and he seems to be working the wrong conditioning.

I have never heard him talk about doing ground work, which is a shame, because we have some really solid wrestling programs here, and Rodrigo Vaghi teaches out of Omaha. He wouldn’t have to do far for some good ground work.

But he kept saying “nothing has changed”.

I think something ought to have changed.

Training with Mick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4Zq7gcFQA&feature=related

Doing conditioning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFD4MiOi_A&feature=related

[/quote]

This shit doesn’t add up at all.If he just knew how to shrimp,pull guard,…or even prevent a basic takedown against the cage,it would up his game tremendously.