T Nation

UFC Fight Night Live (Spoiler)

back 4 a little via my cell phone :slight_smile:

Be sure to watch my friend and former training partner Anthony Johnson whoop some ass!!!

He’s fighting a 13-2 ufc vet on short notice!

spoiler

Here’s the play by play from Sherdog

Anthony Johnson vs. Chad Reiner

Anthony Johnson made his UFC debut an impressive one, knocking out Chad Reiner in just 13 seconds. After taking a step back as Reiner moved towards him, Johnson landed a crisp uppercut, left hook combination to the chin that dropped Reiner face first to the canvas. Reiner’s eyes were open as officials moved in and he remained on the canvas for close to five minutes before finally getting back to his feet. He walked out of the cage with assistance.

GREAT night of fights so far. Pretty good for a UFN

Did he train with you at Chutebox USA? And what’s up with that gym, I heard some shit went down and it fell apart.

Chute Boxe USA is still alive as far as I know…in fact Evan Tanner just started training there again.

Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout was a great fight.

[quote]j281 wrote:
Chute Boxe USA is still alive as far as I know…in fact Evan Tanner just started training there again.[/quote]

chute boxe usa is no more, they’re now the los angeles mma center/rigan machado jiujitsu

so rather than chute boxe the location on la brea and melose is now home to the rigan machado jiujitsu combat team
and allegiance fight team

i’ve seen evan tanner once and he didn’t train that day. Perhaps he’s training with former coach roberto or jorge olivera (think he went to legends) i have no idea wtf is going on with that situation.

PS anyone notice the XENergy in the middle of the ring :slight_smile:

I was proud lol

[quote]j281 wrote:
GREAT night of fights so far. Pretty good for a UFN [/quote]

I have watched UFC only a handful of times before.

I turned it on tonight randomly, seemed exceptionally fast-paced.

Was this an unusual night?

Xen,
Your boy looked good, especially on short notice. Hopefully we’ll see him in the UFC again soon.

Fisher-Stout was a great fight. In fact, all of the fights last night were very good. This was probably the most action-packed Ultimate Fight Night yet.

You don’t have to worry about spoilers Xen, no one watches UFC.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout was a great fight. [/quote]

That fight was sick. Fisher looked like the man in that fight. He was attacking Stout from so many angles, and he was pretty much landing everything.

Stout has a rock solid jaw, it was amazing to see him standing up to all that punishment. Several times though fisher could have finished him off if he was more aggressive, but he let Stout get his composure again.

missed it. my boy from work just spent 10 minutes telling me how good it was. i tried utube, dailymotion etc no luck. anybody know of any links to the main event or any others?

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Xen,
Your boy looked good, especially on short notice. Hopefully we’ll see him in the UFC again soon.

Fisher-Stout was a great fight. In fact, all of the fights last night were very good. This was probably the most action-packed Ultimate Fight Night yet.[/quote]

It is was probably a much better card than one would see in UFC 72 - if one were to pay for it.

I just can’t bring myself to spend the money on it. The Griffin fight is about the only fight I want to see.

Maybe I’m still depressed about Liddell getting KTFO.

It was a very nice night of fights. I enjoyed Fitch-Carnerio the most, awesome work by both guys. Stout-Fisher was a great fight, but I don’t really care for the “mediocre kickboxing in a cage” fights. I like to see ground work and a good mix of all dimensions of the sport, if I wanted to see a fight like that I’d go watch some lumpinee bouts.

Again, just nit-picking, and not taking anything away from either guys. I just get bored in those types of fights.

So that’s why many UFN and PPV events rival that of major league sports games?

I can’t believe I missed a fight night live, damnit

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:
Xen,

Fisher-Stout was a great fight. In fact, all of the fights last night were very good. This was probably the most action-packed Ultimate Fight Night yet.

It is was probably a much better card than one would see in UFC 72 - if one were to pay for it.

I just can’t bring myself to spend the money on it. The Griffin fight is about the only fight I want to see.

Maybe I’m still depressed about Liddell getting KTFO. [/quote]

Yeah, UFC 72 to me isn’t worth the price of PPV. The original plan was for the show to be on HBO, but that deal has (at least for now) fallen through. UFC then wanted to put the show on Spike, similar to what they did for UFC 70, but Spike said no because they didn’t want it taking away from next week’s BJ Penn vs. Jens Pulver fight.

While UFC 72 isn’t going to do great PPV numbers, I suspect UFC 73 will do very well. Tito Ortiz is perhaps the biggest draw in the sport. He was responsible for 3 of the biggest drawing PPV’s last year. People either love him or love to hate him and that always draws interest. Marquardt-Silva should be very good and Franca-Sherk should also be entertaining.

You know who was a complete stud? Tavares! that kid is a killer, 16-0 and completely manhandled his opponent.

I agree, best UFN ever!

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
It was a very nice night of fights. I enjoyed Fitch-Carnerio the most[/quote]

Taveres-Black was the one that did it for me. Thiago looks like he is going to be a serious contender at 155.

I also hate the Amish, so it was nice to see Jason Black get his ass kicked.
Just kidding. I love the Amish. Their dairy products make the world a better place.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
The Griffin fight is about the only fight I want to see. [/quote]

Which Griffin fight?

I am really looking forward to Griffin-Guida, but don’t care too much about Griffin-Ramirez.

I am stoked to see Franklin-Okami. Okami has been murdering people lately and does own a win (albeit a cheap one) over the guy who rearranged Franklin’s face. He is a HUGE test for Rich.

Sadly, I will not be ordering this PPV. Not because I think it is subpar (which it is), but because it is at 3pm on a Saturday and that is the day of the week I play sports rather than watching them on TV.

Black vs Tavares for lazy bastards

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/tavares/video/x296by_jason-black-vs-thiago-tavares-ufn-1

im looking for more because I missed it too, anyone else with links give em up.