UFC Fight Night 19 (9/16/09)

Was anyone impressed by Jake Ellenberger? Maybe it’s because he’s from my city, but I love the guy and how he fights. He was a SWIMMER in high school at Millard South and didn’t even wrestle, even though his twin brother was a DII All-American, and he’s still going out there with enough wrestling to handle Condit on the ground.

If Ellenberger hadn’t gotten called up late for the fight, he would not have gassed and he definitely would have won that fight. As is, he easily could have won the split decision as the first round could have been a 10-8, while the 2nd was probably Ellenberger’s. I really hope the UFC gives him another opportunity in the big leagues. He’s a very talented fighter and he hung in there with a guy who was at one time a top welterweight.

Also, he’s not even that big of a 170-lber! He only walks around at about 185.

awesome event…

condit/hamburger was on of the bets fights ive ever seen… the flow of that fight was insane… how condit survived those brutal strikes and regained composure was a thing of beauty.

quary/craudieurder was good but horrible skill level… looked like a drunken bar fight.

maynard v huerta was SICK… maynard’s speed was awesome, im glad he decided to stand and trade, made for a very interesting mma fight… he could have really controlled that fight alot easier by taking him down round after round… i really liked it, reminded me of a damn K1 match for most of it.

nate diaz v guillard was good… guillard is a retard, he has so much speed/power, but he decides to act like mayweather in a damn mma fight… so tired of seeing him… nate diaz proves again he has a chin of granite, he’s one tough motherfucker… what a great choke at the end too, celebrating as he did it… then immediately tapping guillard on the back afterwards… i like the diaz brothers i must admit - tough SOB’s.

i made a dumb pic of nate diaz:

http://pure-dedication.com/various_images/nate-diaz-gs-to-gents.png

lolz

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
Was anyone impressed by Jake Ellenberger? Maybe it’s because he’s from my city, but I love the guy and how he fights. He was a SWIMMER in high school at Millard South and didn’t even wrestle, even though his twin brother was a DII All-American, and he’s still going out there with enough wrestling to handle Condit on the ground.

If Ellenberger hadn’t gotten called up late for the fight, he would not have gassed and he definitely would have won that fight. As is, he easily could have won the split decision as the first round could have been a 10-8, while the 2nd was probably Ellenberger’s. I really hope the UFC gives him another opportunity in the big leagues. He’s a very talented fighter and he hung in there with a guy who was at one time a top welterweight.

Also, he’s not even that big of a 170-lber! He only walks around at about 185. [/quote]

he has insane power… very impressed with him… his striking is so brutal…

want to see more of him, he’s legit.

Condit is super cocky (I love it) did anyone catch him wink after the first round