UFC Fight Night 19 (9/16/09)

Is it just me or is there no post for Fight Night 19? It looks like an awesome card considering it’s free. I’ll be hitting the gym at lunch tomorrow night, so that I can watch uninterrupted and guilt free.

Here are the weigh in results:

[quote]155 lbs.: Nate Diaz (156) vs. Melvin â??The Young Assassinâ?? Guillard (155)
155 lbs.: Roger â??El Matadorâ?? Huerta (156) vs. Gray â??The Bullyâ?? Maynard (155.5)
170 lbs.: Carlos â??Natural Born Killerâ?? Condit (171) vs. Jake Ellenberger (170.5)
185 lbs.: Nate â??The Rockâ?? Quarry (184) vs. â??Crazyâ?? Tim Credeur (186)
205 lbs.: Steve â??Robotâ?? Cantwell (206) vs. Brian â??All Americanâ?? Stann (205.5)
170 lbs.: Chris â??The Professorâ?? Wilson (171) vs. Mike â??Quicksandâ?? Pyle (170)
185 lbs.: Jay Silva (185) vs. CB â??The Dobermanâ?? Dollaway (186)
155 lbs.: Sam â??Hands of Stoneâ?? Stout (156) vs. Phillipe Nover (155.5)
155 lbs.: Jeremy â??Lilâ?? Heathenâ?? Stephens (155.5) vs. Justin Buchholz (155.5)
170 lbs.: Brock Larson (171) vs. Mike Pierce (169.5)
185 lbs.: Ryan Jensen (186) vs. Steve â??The Hooliganâ?? Steinbeiss (185.5)[/quote]

Oh, and I’m also pumped for possibly the best season of TUF. Now I’m not so sad about Summer going away… well I live in LA anyway, so it’s always Summer.

My main bets are on Diaz & Maynard

Diaz
Huerta
Credeur
Carlos

Shouldn’t be too many surprises for this one. Many of these don’t figure to be all that competitive.

Diaz - Guillard is the only dog I would even think about picking
Maynard
Condit
Quarry
Cantwell
Pyle - should be a good one
Dollaway
Stout
Stephens
Larson
Jensen

Ah…what the hell:

Guillard(only because he trains in TX & frequents my area a lot…seems to finally have his shit together.)
Huerta
Condit
Quarry
Cantwell
Wilson
Silva
Stout
Stephens
Larson
Jensen

Looking forward to seeing Condit again in the UFC. His first fight was pretty exciting and I was impressed with his and Kampmann’s performance. Also looking forward to Kampmann and Swick in a couple days. Oops, after looking it up, looks like Swick is hurt. Oh well.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
Looking forward to seeing Condit again in the UFC. His first fight was pretty exciting and I was impressed with his and Kampmann’s performance. Also looking forward to Kampmann and Swick in a couple days. Oops, after looking it up, looks like Swick is hurt. Oh well.[/quote]

Kampmann and Daley should be just as exciting…if not more.

Main card:

Melvin Guillard
Gray Maynard
Carlos Condit
Tim Credeur

Preliminary card:

Steve Cantwell
Chris Wilson
Sam Stout
Jeremy Stephens
Brock Larson
Ryan Jensen

Most fights on the main card look like they could go either way except for Huerta/Maynard.

Anyone care to give the reason why they think Huerta stands a snowball’s chance in hell? I think the bully is going to pull a Raging Bull on him. ie: “He ain’t pretty no more!”

OKC!!! Nice to have Fight Night in my hometown, but too bad I don’t live there anymore :frowning: or I would be there. I have friends going, will report if they meet anyone or anything really exciting happens.

Diaz
Maynard
Condit
Quarry
Cantwell
Wilson
Dollaway
Nover
Stephens
Larson
Jensen

I had read on bloodyelbow that Maynard had herpes around his mouth and ringworm, but he said he would be fine. I assume he got medical clearance?

[quote]chigurh wrote:
Most fights on the main card look like they could go either way except for Huerta/Maynard.

Anyone care to give the reason why they think Huerta stands a snowball’s chance in hell? I think the bully is going to pull a Raging Bull on him. ie: “He ain’t pretty no more!”[/quote]

Haha. No sh!t. My boy Maynard on lock unless he has some BS medical issue that prevents him from fighting…

Nover Stout was cancelled, Nover had a seizure.

Damn. Phillipe Nover vs. Sam Stout at UFC Fight Night 19 is off â?¦ Nover fainted in the locker room. Well it was actually a bit more severe than when he fainted. he had a seizure. I hope that fainting SOB is okay. I was really looking forward to this.

Diaz via sub
Maynard via GNP stoppage
Condit
Credeur (due to the value of the bet)
Quarry TKO
Wilson
Dollaway
Stout vs. Nover - the fight is off due to seizure by Nover
Stephens by a brutal mauling
Brock Larson by face smashing
Jensen

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I had read on bloodyelbow that Maynard had herpes around his mouth and ringworm, but he said he would be fine. I assume he got medical clearance?[/quote]

GROSS!

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
I had read on bloodyelbow that Maynard had herpes around his mouth and ringworm, but he said he would be fine. I assume he got medical clearance?

GROSS!

[/quote]

Uh, it’s called a cold sore brosef.

Lots of wrestlers get ringworm-
ringworm
staph
other bullshit infections , skin conditions lame but kinda part of the territory
good soap and tinactin knocks that shit out.

the herpes, Is like shingles its something that manifests during stress- or being over trained
Maynard admits to haveing it since he was a kid…

but yeah kind a gross.

Im not so interested in this card

If coerced

I would say

Diaz
Maynard.
Condit

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Lots of wrestlers get ringworm-
ringworm
staph
other bullshit infections , skin conditions lame but kinda part of the territory
good soap and tinactin knocks that shit out.

the herpes, Is like shingles its something that manifests during stress- or being over trained
Maynard admits to haveing it since he was a kid…

but yeah kind a gross.

Im not so interested in this card

If coerced

I would say

Diaz
Maynard.
Condit

[/quote]

Dude! this thing is free!! I dunno bout u but I have better things 2 spend money on, so I can’t miss this one or I’ll blow my budget. I’ve already done my AM and PM workout today so that I don’t miss anything! Plus I’m gonna do a whole bunch of mini dips on my iron gym while the fights are on. I might even make a whole blender of Surge workout fuel and coconut milk shake to sip on so that I don’t have to get up from the tv.

Good picks btw.

This UFN was better than most UFC’s!!! That was a nasty sub Nate got Guillard in.

Now time for TUF Heavyweigths!!!

Amazing fights. TUF was hard to watch after those great fights.