UFC and Cry Babies?

[quote]mr_slick wrote:

Wow,I missed that. Exactly what happened?
[/quote]

oh man. thank you for asking because I needed to revisit that. “death scene”.
absolutely classic…

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
Man O’ War wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:
dont get me wrong, as much as the man in me thinks some of the tears are kind of corny and gay, i would be lying if i didnt think it made for great tv. i think the scene with wang from the first episode was absolutely classic, as was gabes sauna meltdown. but enough is enough i guess. we get two fights next week so…

That sauna scene was a top 10 reality tv moment. Him lying on the ground asking to be put back in was classic.

Wow,I missed that. Exactly what happened?
[/quote]

Gabe rutiger couldn’t make weight and was 3 lbs from making weight and was just lying on the ground outside the sauna telling BJ and another fighter “just put me back in, just put me back in!” you have to watch it. they have replays just about every weekend.

[quote]Going Apeshit wrote:
There is an unusual amount of tears being dropped in this season.

This show should mean the world to these aspiring guys so I can understand the disappointment at a loss. We see grown men crying after finals losses in football and etc so I’m not going to focus on that.

The thing that got me thinking was when Gabe started crying in the first episode because he was around the 180 mark from memory.

This guy’s weight is in his complete control. He knew that TUF 5 was for the 155 group yet he still managed to turn up 30lbs overweight.

It has been an entertaining season though and I’m looking forward to seeing where it ends.[/quote]

Great point. The death scene was completely avoidable if the guy paid the TUF competition the respect it deserved.

I hope Dana does bring Gabe back and he plays a Chris Leben style role where he can be everybody’s whipping boy.

Thanks KO,Thanks Frank. YOu know what really grinds my Gears? Guys like Gabe and Wang get all these opportunity to train with the best of the best,to be in the greatest sport ever and here they are either crying or whining like little babies.

Beilive me,I would do almost anything to be in their shoes right now and trying to be ahlf the man Mirko is right now. God,im drowning in hate!

[quote]Man O’ War wrote:

I hope Dana does bring Gabe back and he plays a Chris Leben style role where he can be everybody’s whipping boy.[/quote]

• The UFC terminated his contract.

• K-1 contacted him to fight in last night’s Dynamite USA show.

• The California State Athletic Commission refused to clear him to fight.

• Reports later surfaced that he was declared ‘mentaly unfit to fight’ pending a psychaitric review after CSAC officials viewed his ‘death scene’ on TUF.

• CSAC denies those reports, but Gabe is still in limbo.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Man O’ War wrote:

I hope Dana does bring Gabe back and he plays a Chris Leben style role where he can be everybody’s whipping boy.

• The UFC terminated his contract.

• K-1 contacted him to fight in last night’s Dynamite USA show.

• The California State Athletic Commission refused to clear him to fight.

• Reports later surfaced that he was declared ‘mental unfit to fight’ pending a psychaitric review after CSAC officials viewed his ‘death scene’ on TUF.

• CSAC denies those reports, but Gabe is still in limbo.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

I guess it’s true as they say, “those who can do, those who can’t teach, and those who can’t do and can’t teach criticize.”

[quote]Fitnessdiva wrote:
I guess it’s true as they say, “those who can do, those who can’t teach, and those who can’t do and can’t teach criticize.”[/quote]

You’re right I was a bit too critical about poor old Gabe.

Turning up to the show overweight, crying after the first practice that he was fat, trash talking team mates. Top quality guy.

You will not see me paying out on Diaz, Cole or anyone having a dip. It’s pretty poor when there are guys not listening to the many years of experience in Penn and Pulver.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Going Apeshit wrote:

He knew that TUF 5 was for the 155 group yet he still managed to turn up 30lbs overweight.

Cake > Gabe

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/combatchaz/cake_ruediger.gif [/quote]

Brilliant!

I remember the Guillard fight but didn’t realise that was Gabe.

[quote]Fitnessdiva wrote:
I guess it’s true as they say, “those who can do, those who can’t teach, and those who can’t do and can’t teach criticize.”[/quote]

not sure where you are going with this, but i don’t think that phrase is true at all.

most who can do eventually teach in one way or another. those who can’t do aren’t really qualified to teach and any body can criticize anything. criticisms are usually very subjective and there is no black and white in subjectivity at all.

cheesy phrases are fun, but rarely are they accurately applicable.