T Nation

UFC and Cry Babies?

So i’m watching this weeks episode, and we already have a guy whining about his hand, riding a bike and is he crying while Pulver tells him what is what?

fucking ridiculous. is that three this season?

tonight was basically drama free. decent enough fight too. i can understand getting overwhelmed with emotion here and there either after a match or cutting weight. i know i walked off the mat in high school a few times with tears in my eyes after a rough match, win or lose. its the crying about having to switch teams “wah i dont want to fight for team pulver” type of shit thats corny.

anyway next week looks good. i think diaz is gonna trounce cory, i think wyman and manny is a toss up. havent seen enough of either to have an opinion.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
So i’m watching this weeks episode, and we already have a guy whining about his hand, riding a bike and is he crying while Pulver tells him what is what?

fucking ridiculous. is that three this season?[/quote]

No shit. This season is full of babies. My favorite still has to be the “tearful warrior”. What a joke. It sucks because it takes nuts to step in the ring, but I can’t respect these guys. It’s like a bunch of little kids.

mike

[quote]texasguy wrote:
So i’m watching this weeks episode, and we already have a guy whining about his hand, riding a bike and is he crying while Pulver tells him what is what?

fucking ridiculous. is that three this season?[/quote]

The Asian dude crying was a joke. The little punk went in there and didn’t listen to a word BJ said and got beaten.

A black belt in BJJ did not once go for a takedown despite BJ yelling “Take him down, take him down.” all throughout fight.

Hell, he knows better than BJ Penn and his overhand right never hit the mark.

I just can’t accept a guy who won’t listen to his coach, cries like a baby at the result and then whinges about going to team Pulver.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
So i’m watching this weeks episode, and we already have a guy whining about his hand, riding a bike and is he crying while Pulver tells him what is what?

fucking ridiculous. is that three this season?[/quote]

There is an unusual amount of tears being dropped in this season.

This show should mean the world to these aspiring guys so I can understand the disappointment at a loss. We see grown men crying after finals losses in football and etc so I’m not going to focus on that.

The thing that got me thinking was when Gabe started crying in the first episode because he was around the 180 mark from memory.

This guy’s weight is in his complete control. He knew that TUF 5 was for the 155 group yet he still managed to turn up 30lbs overweight.

It has been an entertaining season though and I’m looking forward to seeing where it ends.

[quote]Man O’ War wrote:
The Asian dude crying was a joke. The little punk went in there and didn’t listen to a word BJ said and got beaten.

A black belt in BJJ did not once go for a takedown despite BJ yelling “Take him down, take him down.” all throughout fight.
[/quote]

I’m surprised he actually has a black belt in BJJ because that would mean he would have to listen and obey instructions somewhere along the line.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:

i know i walked off the mat in high school a few times with tears in my eyes after a rough match, win or lose. its the crying about having to switch teams “wah i dont want to fight for team pulver” type of shit thats corny.[/quote]

I agree, the crying after the match I get, not only did you lose a match, you lost your chance at the contract and possibly fighting in the UFC.

But from Gabe’s lying on the floor saying, “Put me back in.” to the “You know, my hand kinda hurts.” This emotional bullshit is really starting to bug me. If you can’t get back in the sauna yourself, you don’t deserve (or need) to make weight or fight. If your hand hurts, get a trainer to see if it’s fucking broken or shut the hell up and work.

The “Tearful Warrior” was pretty funny, because as I said, I get the tears, but don’t try to come off tough with tears in your eyes.

All this crying in the ufc is pretty funny. As most of you guys said, losing a tough match and an oppurtunity to fight in the UFC is enough to get some people emotional, but what bugs me is the guys who get eliminated and then become the toughest guys in the house after a sub par performance in the octagon…hence noah and the street fighter guy.

It seems to me that the toughest fighters in the house are still alive in the tourney and are more focused on training then all the other bs going on in the house.

[quote]lucasa wrote:

The “Tearful Warrior” was pretty funny, because as I said, I get the tears, but don’t try to come off tough with tears in your eyes.[/quote]

dont get me wrong, as much as the man in me thinks some of the tears are kind of corny and gay, i would be lying if i didnt think it made for great tv. i think the scene with wang from the first episode was absolutely classic, as was gabes sauna meltdown. but enough is enough i guess. we get two fights next week so…

[quote]Going Apeshit wrote:

He knew that TUF 5 was for the 155 group yet he still managed to turn up 30lbs overweight.

[/quote]

Cake > Gabe

[quote]lucasa wrote:

If your hand hurts, get a trainer to see if it’s fucking broken
[/quote]

I’m sure a lot of these guys don’t want to get their injuries checked out for fear that they’ll get kicked off the show because of an injury. Jorge Gurgel covered up the fact that he had a torn ACL so he could compete in TUF2, and then had surgery after the season ended.

And exactly how do you expect them to keep the husbands wives watching without drama?

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Going Apeshit wrote:

He knew that TUF 5 was for the 155 group yet he still managed to turn up 30lbs overweight.

Cake > Gabe

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/combatchaz/cake_ruediger.gif[/quote]

That is hysterical.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Steve4192 wrote:
Going Apeshit wrote:

He knew that TUF 5 was for the 155 group yet he still managed to turn up 30lbs overweight.

Cake > Gabe

That is hysterical.
[/quote]

no doubt. whale cake is a/k/a Melvin Guillard, who, in a bit of foreshadowing, said something to Joe Rogan that night after that punch about Gabe having a “soft ass stomach”

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
lucasa wrote:

If your hand hurts, get a trainer to see if it’s fucking broken

I’m sure a lot of these guys don’t want to get their injuries checked out for fear that they’ll get kicked off the show because of an injury. Jorge Gurgel covered up the fact that he had a torn ACL so he could compete in TUF2, and then had surgery after the season ended.[/quote]

That is understandable. I did about 30 miles of humps in infantry school with a fractured ankle because I didn’t want to get dropped back a class away from my buddies. But, I shut the fuck up about it until I got done with the school! If he doesn’t want the hand to get checked out for fear of getting dropped then he should smile through the pain rather than sit there and cry about it.

mike

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:

no doubt. whale cake is a/k/a Melvin Guillard, who, in a bit of foreshadowing, said something to Joe Rogan that night after that punch about Gabe having a “soft ass stomach”[/quote]

That’s true. He said ‘To be hit in the stomach and go down like that, you’ve gotta have a soft ass stomach.’

Joe Rogan also said that it was the first TKO with a bodyshot in the UFC.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Going Apeshit wrote:

He knew that TUF 5 was for the 155 group yet he still managed to turn up 30lbs overweight.

Cake > Gabe

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/combatchaz/cake_ruediger.gif [/quote]

Haha. I like that one.

At the time I thought the kick to the grounded Gabe was a cheap shot. Now that I know a bit more about the recipient, I’m cool with it.

[quote]Going Apeshit wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:

no doubt. whale cake is a/k/a Melvin Guillard, who, in a bit of foreshadowing, said something to Joe Rogan that night after that punch about Gabe having a “soft ass stomach”

That’s true. He said ‘To be hit in the stomach and go down like that, you’ve gotta have a soft ass stomach.’

Joe Rogan also said that it was the first TKO with a bodyshot in the UFC. [/quote]

HAHA I forgot all about that, looking back that is pretty damn funny though.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:
dont get me wrong, as much as the man in me thinks some of the tears are kind of corny and gay, i would be lying if i didnt think it made for great tv. i think the scene with wang from the first episode was absolutely classic, as was gabes sauna meltdown. but enough is enough i guess. we get two fights next week so…[/quote]

That sauna scene was a top 10 reality tv moment. Him lying on the ground asking to be put back in was classic.

[quote]Man O’ War wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:
dont get me wrong, as much as the man in me thinks some of the tears are kind of corny and gay, i would be lying if i didnt think it made for great tv. i think the scene with wang from the first episode was absolutely classic, as was gabes sauna meltdown. but enough is enough i guess. we get two fights next week so…

That sauna scene was a top 10 reality tv moment. Him lying on the ground asking to be put back in was classic.[/quote]

Wow,I missed that. Exactly what happened?